Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote: I'm sorry about your head though. But I thought that you were one of them.
Dad, they come in through the doors.
Ha, good point
Indian Jones and the Last Crusade

Next:

We believe that fruits and vegetables have feeling so we think cooking is cruel. We only eat things that have actually fallen off a tree or bush - that are, in fact, dead already.
Right. Right. Interesting stuff. So, these carrots...
Have been murdered, yes.
Murdered? Poor carrots. How beastly!
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

We believe that fruits and vegetables have feeling so we think cooking is cruel. We only eat things that have actually fallen off a tree or bush - that are, in fact, dead already.
Right. Right. Interesting stuff. So, these carrots...
Have been murdered, yes.
Murdered? Poor carrots. How beastly!

That is from Notting Hill

Next:

And furthermore, by way of endorsing my candidacy, the Soggy Bottom Boys are gonna lead us all in a rousing chorus of "You Are My Sunshine."
[Applause. Pappy turns away from the mike, towards Everett]
Ain't you, boys?
Governor, it's one of our favorites.
Son... you're gonna go far.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

O Brother Where Art Thou!
Love that movie.

"Curiously the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias, as it fell, was, 'Oh no, not again.' Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."

Post by 24601 »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:"Curiously the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias, as it fell, was, 'Oh no, not again.' Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Next:

"What gets me is, I don't know anything about her. We manage to be together for a few moments and then off she goes. Sometimes we have a wonderful time together and other times it's no fun at all. But I got to be with her. "
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

24601 wrote:"What gets me is, I don't know anything about her. We manage to be together for a few moments and then off she goes. Sometimes we have a wonderful time together and other times it's no fun at all. But I got to be with her. "
Aww, that's from An American in Paris.

Next: You read Tolkien?
What?
You know, the Hobbit books?
Yeah.
His descriptions of things are really good. He makes you wanna be there.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

You read Tolkien?
What?
You know, the Hobbit books?
Yeah.
His descriptions of things are really good. He makes you wanna be there.

That is from Brick--I love that movie!

Next

I'm surprised you can keep your mouth shut.

God you're good. You are mind blowingly close to this. How do you do it? You're a triple impostor, I've never seen anything like it. Is there anything real about you? Do you even speak Latin?
Fallaces sunt rerum species.
Which means? Wait, what did you just say?
It means you can either drive yourself home or I can have you collected.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

It remember me Iron man 2, but I don't own it so I can't be sure...

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157

Post by 24601 »

Kate wrote:It remember me Iron man 2, but I don't own it so I can't be sure...
You are correct. You get the next quote.
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

-There he is, that repulsive, half-witted fool! Now, my slave, seize the boy. Bring him to me... Did you not hear what I said, you idiot? Grab the boy and bring him!
-Well, it's just that there's a million people over there, and i have little arms. I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought throught. Master?

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
19nomad90
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by 19nomad90 »

Meet the Robinsons?

Next up:
"I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but in one respect I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough."

Favourite werewolf? Sorry Jake, I'm TEAM SETH all the way!!