Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Ally_Cat »

Janny - I hope you feel better soon! That is the worst type of sickness - your body just gets so exhausted. I hope you get to enjoy your visit with your family since you haven't seen them in a while.
I also can't wait to see this peacock colored lipstick. It sounds amazing!

Nothing much happening with me, just trying to get used to my new schedule. It shouldn't be too bad because my two finance classes are taught by the same professor and all of us in the first class are in the second, so the professor doesn't schedule quizzes and tests on the same days.

I start my new internship on Monday too. I'm excited to actually be utilizing what I've been learning and how I can use it.

My birthday is this weekend and my family forgot :roll: It's a problem when you are the one in the family that remembers everyone's b-day. It's all good though because I'm celebrating with my friends (midnight bowling, haha) and plus my mom is out of town, so it'll be better to celebrate when she gets back.

I've been working on my blog more! I'm proud of myself for actually completing things for entries. I'll probably post them tomorrow :)
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

thtas no fun, having your family forgetting your birthday. tssk tssk
at least it gives you good bdaygifts ideas for them: bdaycalenders and such ;)

still sick...no evilshades today...mb tomorrow..hopefully

where are all my lexlings??? its not because of Blue Monday that ppl stopped posting is it?

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Happy early Birthday Ally!! Bowling is awesome! I hope you have tons of fun and the family throws you an epic b-day suprise when your mom comes home :D
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Common guys, where are you?

You can't let me post all alone on here while im home sick...ive go nothing to tell!!

oe but i did get my evilshades order..and im in LOVE:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/ ... BCXKD20%3D

Look at this blue..its much more vibrant irl though:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/ ... esv%2FY%3D

peacockcostume anyone? ;)

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Ninna's in da house
Ehr... Ninna hates lexing on the eeePC, it keeps doing funny things...
Ninna has a hard time writing on the keyboard because she got a brace for suspected beginning arthrosis or carpal tunell syndrome, or if she's really lucky; both.

I love you all, and you're often in my mind, though not in my browser :)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

okay, i have to get this out -now-.
remember the friend that couldnt come a few weeks ago?

Well i havent really talked to her since. And right now, I found one of the tagged pics on my profile missing, which was hers. So i went looking for her in my friendlist, and she dissapeared?
Sid now tells me she posted something about ''taking a break and ppl who needed her had her number'' this afternoon, which i havent seen.
She hasnt msgd me or texted me either, which makes me feel like im -really- important to her. :banghead:
I mean, i have to find out like this?
do i have to follow her around and hold her hand all the **ing time? Do i have to wait to get some attention like a beggar waiting for some food to be thrown at his feet?
Ugh, im fed up with it. I might be feeling diff tomorrow, but come on..what am i supposed to think?
and i cant even feel like im loosing a friend, because she hasnt felt like a real friend in ages...

Cant you all just move to europe and make my (social) life easier? *sigh*

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

*waves to Ninna* Love you!

Janny~ I'm sorry...I know it's hard when someone you thought was one of your best friends lets you down...it's hard to get over...but when you do move on it will feel sooo much better without having the uncertainty and drama...it will feel like a breath of fresh air. Sometimes I wonder why we give others so much power over us...but I guess that's just the way of it. You have to make yourself vulnerable to have a close friendship.

"There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE, getting back up is LIVING..."
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Wow! I feel like I'm having a flashback! Did anyone miss me? :wave: I've been kinda stuck in a winter funk and didn't want to bring everyone down, so I've been staying away.

First of all:

Mad crazy congrats to Sarah and Codaniel! So very happy for both of you!

Seems like a lot of my friends are getting married, both IRL and online! Crazy crazy times.

Pharmer: *hugs* and congrats on trying to work things out. I wish you the best of luck.

Janny--sucks that you're not feeling well. Sending you some *get better* vibes. :D

Been penning a fanfiction that I plan to put on my blogger when I've worked out the kinks. I have a clear head for writing for the first time in a long time, and I'm feeling inspired.

IRL vs. online friends: I think that, for me, it's easier to really be me on the internet because when you look like a twelve-year-old, people don't tend to take you seriously, and your opinion is of less value. i.e., "She's just a kid, what does she know." But you guys got to know me before you saw what I looked like and so I didn't have to try as hard and I'm a lot more relaxed. I made friends in college that I thought were going to be friends for life, we were such a tight knit group, and when I left and they graduated, I only managed to keep in touch with one---the ONE of them who had a facebook account that was active and checked regularly. Not to mention, when I moved, I moved to where he lived and we ran into each other. And if it weren't for the internet and Skype, I would have lost touch with one of the best friends I've ever had. And I never would've met all of you! Because I really do appreciate each and every one of you.

My issue with friends is that almost all of my IRL friends are gay men. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes you just want to talk to another woman, you know? That, and I have NO ONE to discuss movies with, because I'm not a huge chick flick fan and they don't like thrillers, and no one to gush over beautiful cars with because they don't care about fine Italian automobiles. Or my Vanquish (which I drooled over before Twilight, lol). In high school, I had a lot more straight male friends, and I was just like one of the guys. Sometimes I miss that, and I also miss having a girlfriend whose clothes I can borrow and who will help me try new things with makeup and stuff like that. And having a guy friend who happens to wear makeup occasionally is NOT the same thing, lol. Oh yeah, and I have NO ONE to share my love of gaming with! I had a nerd herd in college, lol, but they scattered to the four winds.

So you'll never believe what got me out of my little winter depression: Listening to Green Day's Dookie album on repeat. Am I strange for thinking that Sassafras Roots is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard? Whatever, it soothes me. Billie Joe makes me feel like what I see as a giant issue is totally not a problem. Is it weird to zen out on angsty punk pop? Maybe, but I take solace where I can get it.

It's taken me time, but I'm beginning to reconnect with the people around me. I've made a few friends at work, and it feels good to have people IRL to talk to. I don't feel so isolated anymore.

Hey--I can't remember who does the dream interpretation stuff here, Sid or Pharmer, but I could use some input. I keep having this recurring dream where I'm with this guy, and I know he's my husband (I'm single, so that's weird), and I feel safe and warm and loved but I can't freaking see his face! The most I can ever see is his smile, but never his eyes! It drives me crazy and I have that dream about three times a week. So, any input would be helpful.

Ninna: Yay Dragonpup for walking!!!!

Misty: I LOVE your banner! That song is amazing!

Well, that's about enough randomness from me. If there's anyone I missed, *hugs* and I missed you all and it's so good to be back!!!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Hi everyone.

I'm feeling a bit aversion for an FB acquaintance (she has a girl roughly the same age as pup) who's started to read the Twilight series. And I suppose that's good, but she does it for all the wrong reasons...
She saw the movies, and fell in love with RPattz, and are reading the books to fuel her "spank bank" and I just get the shivers. It really feels like she don't get it, she just want fuel for her fire.
I mean, at first I was elated, a new one to speak twi with, but she don't speak twi at all. She hardly recognizes anyone of the characters, it's all about her RPattz dreams... And I feel like why bother with the books then? Why not just watch all the other movies he's made?

My rant of the day. Pup's been howling half the night, so I'm really tired. Man I'm glad my mom wants to take him Monday evening and keep him over night (she asked, she's having her winter vacation) so I get to sleep a full night. This howling is killing me.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen~welcome back!

Ninna~lol...what if she was all about Jacob, would you feel different ;) LOL...I get what you mean though! Its really funny, but I still see the characters as the ones I did when I first read the book (which are NOTHING like the ones in the movie...Edward is MUCH hotter BTW!)

Im so happy you get some sleep! Its so nice to have a night away!