Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by MRK »

roseaurora wrote: I will be clued to the TV for sure! Even though William has sadly begun to resemble his dad more and more over the years I can't help but still have a crush on the guy!
Haha! Me too! He is TOTALLY looking like his Dad, now...I never figured Harry would turn out to be the cuter one! :lol:

Thanks re: the banner. I fell in love with that song the first time I heard it! The video is amazing, too!!

Janny: Hope you got to go to the Bodyworlds thing and that you felt well enough to enjoy it!!

I got my Kindle today all thanks to my AMAZING SIL :clap: She is selling a lot of books and stuff for me and I have been saving that $$ to get the Kindle...she just went ahead and bought me one along with a case and light...kind of like a loan lol. I was so suprised and happy when I got it! I am already in LOVE with it!!!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

yup, we got to Bodyworlds...thourgh the poruing rain and through the storming wind, over the rasmus bridge...we had to walk a lot, because haldf the city was closed off. Some old building collapsed and 80% of public transport wasnt working anymore.
The exhibition itself was a bit meh, i guess ive already seen to mcuh in my life for this to be as interesting as id hoped, ill write a blog about it later.
But we went home SOAKING wet, it took us about 3,5 hours in soaking wet coats and clothes, to get home...so we weren that happy when we finally got home.

Anyway, when we got home there ws a package on our doormat....TO-TAL-LY awesome!!!, blog will be written about it :)

since i was already feeling a bit sick, ive slept till 4 o clock in the afternoon today...hopefully i sweated out the ilness a bit. Usually helps a lot.

Hope your weekends were more fun :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Misty! I am jealous that you have a new Kindle! I want to upgrade mine. I have the second generation that is white and the 'next page' button has gotten pretty dingy... the charcoal color is much better. And its a little smaller too. I know you will love it! And yeah... never thought Harry would end up being the cuter prince!

I've started listening to books on tape. The drive to my bar prep class is over 100 miles round trip monday thru friday so I let myself use that time to "read" since I can't get away with too much 'fun' reading while studying. My dad got me hooked to Robert B. Parker's Spenser series and I am loving it! Very well written and entertaining. If you have any interest in detective novels you'll enjoy these, they are very smart and diverse. If you go the audio book route, Joe Mantegna does a fantastic job with most of the Spenser books (some of them aren't read by him). Anyway, that's my plug for the day ;)

I'm taking the night off so the hubby and I can have a date night since we don't see much of each other with me studying and him working. We're going to Melting Pot and then to see The King's Speech, been wanting to see it for awhile.

I'm glad you got a totally awesome package to help brighten your rainy weekend Janny! I thought about going to see the Bodies Exhibit that has been touring the US but wasn't sure I could handle it. Then I saw a 20/20 or it might have been Dateline about the origin of the bodies and I was so horrified! I was thankful I never gave them any of my money! The Bodyworld exhibit is different and the man that started that was also horrified when he learned what was going on with the Bodies one, he was near tears. The Bodies Exhibit has all Chinese bodies on display. They aren't bodies of people who donated their bodies either. Their website claims they are unclaimed bodies of people who died in China of natural causes. The reporters pointed how they all appear to be relatively young healthy bodies when you go to the exhibit and how odd that was. When they hunted down the source of the bodies in China the medical school claimed to have no idea what they were talking about. Its all really really creepy. I think it could be a really interesting exhibit but the idea that the people who are now on display never agreed to have their bodies used that way kind of sickens me. The Bodyworld only uses bodies of people that have expressly agreed (and many ask) to have their bodies put on exhibit and has a much more diverse exhibit when it comes to ages, body types and ethnicity. If that one ever comes near me, I might check it out, but I think the Bodies one should be shut down!

Anyway, sorry to go and on about that. What I saw about it just really stuck with me and I think if more people knew what was going on with these exhibits the Bodies one would be shut down!

Ok, I'm off the soap box and back to the books before getting ready for the night out. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

My post for the day:

Ninna~CONGRATS TO PUP FOR TAKING HIS FIRST STEPS ALONE!! YAY!!!

Janny...can't wait to see the blog about the package...Im glad you had that at the end of your water logged day!

Rach~I got the graphite one and it's just great! I heard a couple people complain that some graphite ones have been fading, so they are opting for the white ones (though I never verified if they were speaking about the skins or the screen)
I'll have to check out those books...I really can't bring myself to listen to audio books...I think I read with too much animation (in my head lol)

I just watched Julie/Julia for the first time...super cute movie...I love Amy Adams! And now Im watching "the Breakup" which cracks me up...cause it's so me and my husband...lol (except for the sad/angry parts)

Ok...yeah, got nuttin else lol...see ya guys tomorrow!!
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Pharmer - Thanks for your feedback on my blog!

Megs - We will restart our Project Runway discussion with the new season! Luckily I have no late night classes, so I will be able to watch this season. Yes, Gretchen was awful. I like some of her clothes but her attitude ruined any of it.

Misty - My mom is addicted to her Kindle. We love it because it is saving us money. She goes through books like crazy + she bought new hardbacks before the wonders of the Kindle :roll:

Me:
not much going on. Finally had my first set of classes after the big snow storm. Mostly I'm excited about my archaeology fieldwork class. We didn't get to go out to the site this week, but we will be when we meet again! I'm excited to work on a site that has never been touched :D

I made another blog post (success with keeping up with it so far). the link is http://thisandthatz.blogspot.com/ if anyone wants to check it out :D
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Good Morning everyone!
Haven't been here in a few days. So I have some bad news to report. After going through this entire process to start working in the fourth grade I was there for a week and they found ONE teacher who has tenured and was rift but didn't get called back. ONE friggen teacher out of the entire district and she was able to officially take that position. I was totally bummed when I found out. But... if she wasn't re-hired the school could have been sued so they had to do what they had to do. The principal and the vice principal were not happy that they had to rehire her because she was an Art teacher not a K-5 classroom teacher.

I met her on Thursday and she seemed really nice, however she came in wearing yellow sweatpants which I didn't think was appropriate. I am still going to substitute there, but I am going to keep looking for a more permanent position. I felt so bad for the students because they said they really liked me.

Anywho...
Misty- How do you like your new Kindle? I got Greg a Nook last year and he barely uses it anymore lol.

Ninna- CONGRATS!!! Now it's only a matter of time until Pup is running all over the place!!! HEHE

Janny- I always wanted to see the Body Exhibit here in NYC. I haven't been able to do much recently which sucks, but I hope to see it one day.

On another note... I have been obsessively watching the show Brothers & Sisters. Have any of you watched it?? It's amazing and it sucks you in from the very first episode. We got a RoKu box for Christmas which let's us stream our Netflix onto the TV instead of watching it on the laptop. A lot of people use the WII or XBOX but we don't have those. So we have been watching a lot of stuff from Netflix on the t.v. and Brothers & Sisters has been one of those series. I am totally addicted to it!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Aww Lily that's a total bummer!!! I hope you get an amazing perm position soon! *hugs*
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Thanks Misty... I need a job soon! LOL

The thread got quiet again :(
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I think I hear crickets... hope it wasn't my random babbling about bodies... sorry... :worried:

Sorry to hear about your position Lily! That's so crappy for you and the kids. Hopefully something even better comes your way soon! Fingers crossed!

Congrats to the pup Ninna! How exciting! And a little sad too I imagine, they grow up so fast! And this coming from someone without kids, lol! But I helped a dear friend through labor and first few month of motherhood recently and I got so attached to her little man, we were always so excited for him to hit milestones but sad too because he was changing so fast! I miss that little guy.. and his mom too of course! We are pretty sure that people thought we were a lesbian couple when we were out with the baby! :lol:

Keep me posted on how that new kindle is treating you Misty, might talk myself (and more importantly the hubby) into buying a new one sometime soon, we'll see!

Did anyone watch the Golden Globes? Ricky Gervais was HILARIOUS! Hollywood needs to learn to laugh at itself a bit more. Its ridiculous to give him a hard time, they knew what they were getting when they hired him! It was fantastic. Someone posted a 2 part youtube video edited to just his bits, so if you missed the show search for that and see his awesomeness. :D

I am trying not to freak out too much about the bar. I am really far behind in my bar prep class thanks to moving across the country (the class started the day before I left Cali) and trying to get caught up has been stressful. And there are SO many things I need to learn about Virginia law that I didn't learn in school (since I didn't go to school here) I'm not sure how I'm going to pull it off! Please send smart vibes my way...

Hope everyone had a great weekend... and a great Martin Luther King Jr. day off if you're in the states!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Sorry, i havent ben online the past efw days...im not online every day nowadays...but i DO post here when i am :)

Ill post a blog about the Bodyworlds exhibit, because otherwise ill spoil my rant here haha.

I have the flu, which makes me close friends with our toiletbowl, i actually feel sorry for it. haha. Im trying to keep rest, but my head is already planning to do a lot of things. i have some days off and i wanna make the most of them. so well see what happens.

hopefully ill be feeling my good old self again soon...at leat ive just received the hunger games 1 , 2 and 3, so ill ahve something to do. pfrst as if i didnt already..ive been re-reading the dresden files and readin 3 other series aswell, lol.

Ive been thinking about a phoenix costume for the EFF, but now im thinking asbout doing that for castlefest in the summer. and just wear my old peacock costume again this yr....
im getting an evilshades package soon and it might contain the perfect peacock blue...LIPSTICK, hahaha. that would totally rock.

this weekend ill be visitng my parents with my inlaws, havent seen them in a while, so thats fun, hopefully ill feel better.

anyway, not much to tell, just follow my blog and you know everything :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/