Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by SarahGoddard »

Snowflakes! Snowflakes on the Lex! Awwww :)

Hello all.

So I'm back "home". Not that it feels like home. I'm so done with this place. I cant wait to get the hell outta here. Get out to the States to be with my baby and then when I get back I'm straight out of here.

Not really looking forward to Christmas. I'm looking forward to 9 days after Christmas when I see Codaniel again :)

This is a bit belated now but Becca's visit was AWESOME as always! Although now poor McBex is suffering some slight after affects of ice falling and general winter bugs. I'm not doing to well on that front myself, coughing and spluttering all over the place - generally not feeling too well.

And we met the WONDERFUL Vicky! Who is wonderful and lovely! We all talked ourselves hoarse before the gig, where we then squeed over Johnny (DILF!) and fell in love with a beautiful singer (I'm so rubbish with names - what was she called again girls!)

Happy (belated) Birthday Vicky!

and

Happy Birthday Honey!

Anyways hope everyone has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

And if I'm not back again before hand - a very Happy New Year.

Much love my Lexily!

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Just stopping in to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope you all are having a wonderful time with family and friends!!! I wish I could visit the TRUE friends I have made at the Lex and wish you a merry christmas in person!! <3 you all!!!
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

i miss my peeps in the worst way possible.

Today is depressing me. The last day of 2010. It was a bummer of a year for us - seeing the downfall of our entire economy, paying a bill late for the first time EVER for Obs, the loss of hubs job after almost two decades - but it was also filled with good things. A baby learned to crawl and talk and she smiles and lights up EVERYTHING. Lu learned how to make old people give her cash. Pure win there. Even though things are still difficult between hubs and I, I look around at the now three close couples around us who are going through divorces and am still glad we made the decision to continue to work on our issues. Marriage isn't easy, and anyone with a relationship knows this. I'm a natural born quitter at most things, but I'm glad that this isn't one of them. At least not yet. For the first time in a long time, I'm looking forward to 2011. I mean, come on people, how much worse could it be? (knocks on faux wood, because Obs ain't rich enough for real wood. *snickers-real wood*)

2011 brings some awesome things for Obs: A huge raise which kicks in tomorrow. A new work computer that will hopefully not crash like her old one is currently doing. Paying off of about $1000 a month of debt by August. An extra grand a month would be nice:) A baby that turns 4 in a week. The possibility of Obs going back and finally getting her degree. And a new tat is definitely on this list. Going to need Sid's help in a mock up - I need something that says "Yeah, I'll do some nasty things to you, but only if enough cheese is involved. And I don't do couples." Something like that.

But mostly I hope 2011 brings us all back together. I know the Lex is waning, and partly that's do to me and my non posting or only facebooking sorry self. I've missed so much- freaking Megs got engaged for crying out loud! People are hooking up left and right and I'm not there to tell them to what to do!!!! My only resolution other than sleeping with Zac Efron is to be more vocal on here. At least one post a week. I miss you people and come on - you need to know about my days. I mean, what if you miss the week I have the poops or something? I know - crushed you'd be.

So I'm officially back - and you should be too. Wishing all you guys a safe 2011 - for freaks sake don't blow any fingers off tonight!

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Well said Obiee... I will be more vocal here as well. I mean I posted at least 10 posts a day back then and I missed a lot of things from going back to school. My New Year's resolution is to be a better friend to all my Lexily's <3.

2010 was a life changing year for me. I graduated college and now I am a real TEACHER!!

Greg and I are ENGAGED! And will be married in 2011!!!

We moved out and got our own apartment and adopted two beautiful kitties that would have had a suckage life if we didn't step in and I love them so much!

2011 is going to be a great year for me and for everyone else! I love you all very much! Have a Happy, Healthy, and Safe New Year!!!!! Call a cab if you have to!!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I hope everyone is enjoying 1/1/11! If that isn't a new year date for a positive start over or new resolution I don't know what is. :D
I hope everyone has had wonderful holiday celebrations too!

I have to agree that in 2011 I'll be updating more with the Lexily for sure. I'll have to make my life at least a little more interesting so I can give you all some good interesting updates, haha.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

well said oobs. Ill be joing in the funw hen i can..probably have more time for that aswell, since my hours are cut this month..and the next. yup...nonbusy months for us, and instead of over 80-100 hours for my second job...ill now have around 35. argh

and today i would be seeing my bff for the first time in 1,5 yrs...last visits, everytime something came in between. guess what..it happened again. I know things can come up and all, and its not like she can (always) help it. But for some reason its always me, and not the other friends that have to suffer for it. Honestly, im not even looking forward to seeing her anymore, because ill be only dissapointed again. inst that sad? *sigh*
Last times her mom planned a visit to her grnadma, so i was passed over. Then that vulcanic ash came between. And now, apparantly, she had a nervous breakdown. But she IS inviting ppl to her parents house. including me. BUt still, i have merlijn here and cant just go away, and it seems just weird to me. Whn i had a nervous breakdown i did NOT want ppl around me. BUt thats just my mood talking now, i just need to get this out. I just really feel like second choice now, and i dont like it.
This is how it always happens, friends with excuses and then all of a sudden, you dont see them again...ever.
bah...2011 sucks.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

Very well said Obs! I've been thinking recently how sad it is that the Lex has been waning lately. I agree - I'll be making much more effort to stay in touch with everyone.

And I love hearing your positive attitude to everything. You know you truly are an inspiration :D

Aw Janny that really does suck. I'm sorry to hear that. *Hugs*

Although its a bit belated - Happy New Year everyone! :mrgreen:

So I'm super excited at the moment because....

I go back to Fort Collins tomorrow! :mrgreen: *SQUEEEEEE!* Back for another glorious 3 months with my Snowflake! :mrgreen: Now Obs before I get there - tell us what to do! Enlighten us with our wisdom PLEASE!

Other than that, not a whole ton more to update on. All updates and mushy sickeningly sweet photos will be uploaded on Facebook as normal. ;)

Huge love to all my Lexily!

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Happy New Year Lexily! 2011!!!

Finally got my log in sorted out... looks like the last time I was on here was over 6 months ago?! Yikes!

I know I'm not as close with you all as others, but I really do enjoy chatting with you guys :) I hope to make more time for it this year.

Since last I was on here, I have graduated from law school and moved to the east coast of the US (from the west coast) and have now lived in 7 states since I was born. Pretty nutty! I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of all the state flowers of the states I've lived in, but it would be hard to place, especially because I will have more to add down the road I'm sure. And if we end up living outside of the US I'm not sure how that would be incorporated...

I am now supposed to be studying for the bar exam, I can't actually practice law until I am admitted to the bar of the state I want to practice in. This is an intense process which I am already behind on.. of course!

But on a good note, I was accepted in the Army JAG Reserves, so I am partially employed... once all the paperwork is processed and I go to training and all that fun. But it is nice to have gotten a YES for once instead of a rejection! Haha!

EDIT: I am so late to the party on this one but why the heck didn't Borders release a copy of Eclipse to match their copies of Twilight and New Moon?! Very lame :(

Obs! You, as we all know, are an amazing woman! Keep your head up and your sense of humor and you will get through this rough patch in no time :)

Sarah! How exciting to be heading back to CO already! Have a blast!

Janny! I think there comes a time when you have to let friends like that go, if not completely then stop making plans for her to come visit you and just stick to the phone. A friend should enhance your life not bring you down. I have a very hard time following that wisdom because I want everyone to like me and want to have friends (duh, lol) but when they make me feel like I am not important enough to make time for or treat with courtesy then they aren't really my friend any more, even if they were in the past. If you are comfortable talking with her about it definitely do.

twilight813! Welcome back to the boards as well and CONGRATS on your graduation, new career, engagement, new home and new furry babies! 2011 is in the works to be a big year for you indeed!

Ally! I look forward to seeing you around more!
Last edited by roseaurora on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Janny - I completely understand your situation. Having moved around a lot I've tried to visit and keep up with friends and there have been many instances where I've made plans with someone and they've fallen through - not on my account. I don't really have any good wisdom because I've let most of those people fade from my life after realizing, through other events, that they weren't really good friends any more. I do sympathize and I hope you are able to keep the friendship, if that's what you want.

Sarah - Woohoo! for going to Colorado. It so nice to see happy and excited Lexily :D

Rose & twilight813 : Congrats on graduating and your new careers!

I just wanted to share with my nerdy Lexilings (you know who you are, haha) that I put up my Doctor Who calendar today! I found it at the mall at one of those calendar carts that appear in the middle of the mall at the end of the year. It was sitting there by itself - I think it was waiting for me all out of place and in the open, haha. I also love that it has all the UK special days, events, and holidays but none of the US specific holidays.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Jasmine- I know how you feel. For some reason that happens to me a lot with my best friend. We used to spend so much time together, but over the past couple of years we have drifted apart. Anytime we plan on hanging out something comes up. I think what you are feeling about not wanting to meet up with her again is exactly how I would feel. My other best friend lives over an hour from me and it's really hard to hang out with her. I miss them very much because even though I have Greg... having your best girl friends is very important!

Sarah- You and your Snowflake are too friggen cute!!! I hope you have an amazing time. Savor each day and live each moment to the very best. Love is such a crazy thing isn't it? Doesn't matter how many miles or oceans that may separate .. love is so strong!! I am very happy for you!!

roseaurora and ally- You girls can just call me Lily :)! That's what everyone else calls me here! And thank you for your kind congratulations!

roseaurora- Where did you move to on the East coast? I live in NJ. Good luck with your bar exam! My entire family is basically made up of lawyers and I know how hard they have had to work at it.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3