Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y Annex **Eclipse Spoilers**

Post by jasmine »

I thought Leah was aweomsee, she's supposed to be anooying :)

About the wolves, i liked them a lot better, more like real wolves, the movements and such, and they were bigger, looked a lot better and i think thats more like the book.

no one missed the Eclipse line??? hmmm...

alice didnt have much scenes, i agree, i do like they put in the yellow porsche, but they didnt explain how she got it..oh well. There was so much to tell, i think they did a pretty great job.

and about edward, yes edward is always calm and composed on the outside in the bookd, but on film, thats just not doable. Because you cant get bellas thoughts in there all the time..''oh edward is mad'' or whatever. BEcause we KNOW he's mad in the books even though he smeems calm. So i kinda liked he really looked mad and such...

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

You guys are absolutely right. Leah is supposed to annoy and the actress did a very good job.
Just saying I didn't like her ;)

And I think it could have worked, Edward being calm in the movie. Especially the part were he says he won't hurt Jake, 'cause it would hurt Bella, she disagrees and Edward says she would think differently in the morning. I think the point would've gotten across that way, too. But hey, opinions differ :)
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

jasmine wrote: Jasper stole the show though, and we decided he might be the new Johnny Depp.
Jackson is too cute for words. I think he's the new Orlando Bloom, myself!
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

I think Im the only girl on earth who doesnt care for Jackson at all LOL
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

MRK wrote:I think Im the only girl on earth who doesnt care for Jackson at all LOL
I am right there with you- I thought he looked weird in this movie, just don't feel him! And I thought it was odd that Jasper suddenly had so much personality, and a southern accent... should have been there from the start...

This might be odd, but something that really stood out to me was the changing of the Cullen eyes for when they were hungry and needed to hunt, such a nice detail to get right!

Over all I thought it was by far the best adaptation so far but I think it also helped that I haven't read the book in long time so I wasn't as nit-picky about it as I was with the other 2.

I still wish they would redo Twilight, the last 2 movies were just such better quality... what a bummer.

Oh yeah, and I didn't mind the actress change with Victoria at all which says to me that Bryce (not sure if that spelling is right...) did a great job.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

oh yeah changing an accent thats SUPPOSED to be there is really weird.....com on..look at a whole different actress for victoria, and you dont mind THAT. I -DO- btw, she has such a babyface almost childlike, i dont like her, i wish rachelle was still victoria.

You can't epect diff directors to keep all the details. THANK GAWD, otherwise we ould have been stuck with the horrific wigs for example..

@mrk, i dont LIKE jackson in THAT way, but I've started to like his acting(hes a better one than RPatz for example), and im curious how he'll do in the last airbender..

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

jasmine wrote:oh yeah changing an accent thats SUPPOSED to be there is really weird.....com on..look at a whole different actress for victoria, and you dont mind THAT. I -DO- btw, she has such a babyface almost childlike, i dont like her, i wish rachelle was still victoria.

You can't epect diff directors to keep all the details. THANK GAWD, otherwise we ould have been stuck with the horrific wigs for example..
Hmmmm... I guess I wasn't clear in my thoughts. I loved that they gave Jasper more personality and his accent and all that.... that was all fantastic. What I was saying is much more a criticism of the other 2 movies where he so dull and really didn't have much of a part, it was weird (but good) to suddenly have so much going on with his character in this movie. Hope that makes more sense. And seeing Jackson with such a bigger part made me wonder what the fuss was about him, he did a good job but didn't do much else for me.

I think Victoria didn't bother me much because she wasn't on the screen enough to bug me.

I also don't expect them to keep all the details, I was saying I like the ones they added this time- like playing up the dark eyes for the Cullens when they needed to feed, I thought that was a brilliant detail.

To each their own tho.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

I agree with you on that, but then again, Twilight was a big Fail, ad new moon...well was a lot better, but didnt nail it either. Id rather see a lot of differencese with the first and a better movie than more similaities and a so so movie :)

dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Finally last night we went to see Eclipse and it was amazing!!! I'm still overwhelmed by the movie, which was spectacular in many ways: the fight scenes, the flashbacks on the minor characters, the scenery...that's why I'll wait a couple of days to express my thoughts.
I liked it very much but I don't know if it really is the best of the three so far...I felt there was something missing too. I think Eclipse is the most romantic of all the books and this could be improved in the movie. Anyway, they did a good job...apart from Victoria: I love Ron Howard's daughter but she had no personality in this film.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Ally_Cat »

I haven't posted in forever, but I really haven't had anything to share either.

Surgery on my sinuses/nose went we and I am back to normal with the added ability of being able to breath out of both sides of my nose.

I haven's seen Eclipse yet, but I have really lost my buzz for the series. I still enjoy discussing all the books and reading the first 3, but the movies don't do anything for me. I'll probably wait another week because I still plan to see it, but no rush. I'm glad the reviews have been good so far though.

Saw Airbender and was partially disappointed. I think fans of the show will be dissapointed at some level, but others may enjoy it if they are quick enough to follow the choppy story and pick up on skimmed over details. Very pretty and action packed, but M.Night messed up a lot. I knew it would be more serious and stuff would have to left out (it covers book 1 which is like 18 episodes or so), but it got frustrating. It reminds me of how I felt with CH and her direction of the Twilight movie.

That's really all,my life has been super boring. Everyone enjoy your viewing (or multiple viewings :D ) of Eclipse!
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily