Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by MRK »

Obs- more like Pass-T :)

Ok guys I just saw Kellen Lutz on Ellan and she told him to take his shirt off and she'd donate $5,000 to the Humane Society and he said no!!! He couldn't take off his shirt...and I was SOOOO proud of him in a weird way lol...I mean would she ask KStew to take off her shirt?!?!? But he did do these crazy pushups for it...and MAN is he STRONG *yum* LOL
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Megs wrote:
You are my band of sisters who have made my life better and happier w.o measure.

(Aww, I feel so left out and derelict. :oops: )
Megs ALSO wrote:
We are a sisterhood (boys you know what I mean here too) connected thru a small love that has changed me for the better.
(Okay, well at least we get SOME acknowledgment... :lol: ;) )
House/Apartment: HalfWay House... It rules, I share a room with seven other guys! :roll:
Neighborhood is:Full of Criminals... :?
Your town/city/state, etc is known for this type of food: Um, Beer? There are like 3 different breweries in our town, which doesn't include the Microbreweries, of which there are about 18, probably...

Demographic of where you live/work:Cold and crowded...
What's the bad part of your town/city?: Lots of methheads, and drunkies running the streets and smashing beer/liquor bottles everywhere, giving all the poor bicyclists flat tires...
(added another question) - Whats the best part of your area: God I love the mountains and just the atmosphere in general...
It's SO HOMEY, ya know!?
Local attractions: Rocky Mountains just a stone's throw (mortar launch would maybe be more accurate) away.
If you left home, what's one thing you'd miss the most? My family... They're practically all right here in Larimer County, with the exception of my little half-brother Daniel, who moved to Ontario, Toronto, Canada (or is it Toronto, Ontario, Canada? I honestly don't remember).
Where would you go if you could travel ANYWHERE? Probably Seattle, Washington. That place has just had such a magical drawing power for me since I was little. Despite all the pollution, and all the rain. I've always loved the rain, and when everyone would say, "I'm glad I'm not in Seattle, they get rain non-stop", or whatever, I would instantly fantasize about being there, getting drenched and loving it!
Gotta go (stupid computer time limits! Errrrrr!)
Much Love to EVERYONE~
~SenorGimp~
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Prepare to read the most boring thing you've ever read in your life (unless you've ever read A Tale of Two Cities):

Location: Modale, IA (a teensy weensy town (pop. about 350) about 45 min from Omaha, NE) My high school had about 200 kids. My graduating class was 45 kids, so no, Cappu, you don't hold the title for smallest town, lol. :lol:

House/Apartment: Three bedroom trailer

Your town/city/state, etc is known for this type of food: We have all kinds of food around here, from Mexican to Sushi.

Demographic of where you live/work: Little town, everybody knows everybody, mostly middle class white folks

What's the bad part of your town/city? My town doesn't have one, the only good thing about living in a one-horse town

What's the best part? The strong sense of community. It's like one big family (no we are NOT all related)

Local attractions: Weeeeel......we have a county fair in the summer, and there are several boring historical buildings around, mainly because nothing's changed here but the addition of electricity since 1896 or so.

If you left home, what's one thing you'd miss the most? My family--that's it. I wouldn't miss anything about the place--AT ALL

Bonus: Where would you go if you could travel ANYWHERE? I can only pick one place? Okay--Europe. That's my answer. I mean, how can I choose between Stonehenge and the Trevi (sp?) Fountain? Seriously! (Funny fact--even though it would be insanely easy to look up the answer on the internet, my little brother refuses to accept that I'm right when I say Stonehenge is in England, lol)

So, me news. I have not yet found employment. Boo-hoo. Enough whining--I'M GOING TO SEE NEW MOON TOMORROW NIGHT!! Well, ok, it's actually Thurs. morning cuz it's 12:01 am, but WHO CARES??? IT'S NEW MOON!!! And it's also a really cool birthday present for my cousin that's really for me (she turned 14 today) because I promised to take her. I know, bad me keeping her out until the wee hours on a school night, lol. So that's it for now. Love ya lexlings!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

)Hey Everyone!!

Tomorrow night is the night for those of us with release dates of the 20th!
My friend in France already saw it and said it was amazing! And I trust her, since she hated the first one too. I'm even more excited now!

Obie: diet: I may lose my weight before you, but we can be our own lil diet/workout support team :D
Eric: He only got beat by Edward Cullen (I would take Eric first any, Eddie ain't my type ;) )
Kate & Michael - I saw that on the vampire program, One crazy lycan turned vampire - vampire romance.
BBQ - I haven't had Texas BBQ, but I've heard the difference is Carolina's has a sweetness/tangy-ness to it. Possibly more vinegar in the sauces. I can't say about the rubs other than Carolina rubs are good - and that's coming from someone who doesn't like BBQ that much.

McDonalds Specialties - we don't have McDonald speciatly, but at Wendy's in the Carolinas you can get a special Carolina burger. I believe it has BBQ sauce and coleslaw on it. I have never eaten it.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Just popping in to do the survey :D Finished my paper early (by 3 hours) so I am treating myself to a night of reading my Kindle in bed!

House/Apartment:
2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment

Neighborhood is: Safe, which is why we moved here (there was an armed home invasion at the place we were living before :shock: ). It is also pretty centrally located which is great and even has a trolley stop in the complex! I love it! Though it can get a little loud from time to time.

Your town/city/state, etc is known for this type of food: I would have to go with Mexican I think, the boarder is just 30 miles away after all. Then maybe I would say sushi, but that could just be because I love it so much!

Demographic of where you live/work: Lots of military! Lots of Hispanics I guess too. I don't really pay that much attention, haha, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing....

What's the bad part of your town/city?:
I guess Imperial Beach/National City. That is WAY south, right near the border. I also hear that East of interstate 15 and south of interstate 8 is "bad" too, but I don't know anything about that personally. I don't really go to east county much.

(added another question) - Whats the best part of your area: Well, La Jolla was named the wealthiest city in America recently, so that area is pretty nice :lol: :roll:. I personally LOVE the beach areas: Pacific Beach and Mission Beach, great places to hang out and there is a wooden roller coaster at Mission Beach which I LOVE. Coronado is absolutely beautiful too.

Local attractions: The "World Famous" San Diego Zoo; Sea World; the beach ;) , Marine Corps Recruit Depot- which the west coast base for boot camp, Old Town has America's "most haunted house, USS Midway Museum, Balboa Park... I could go on and on it seems... I really shouldn't ever be bored here should I?

If you left home, what's one thing you'd miss the most?: Its strange because I don't really think of San Diego as home. Its where I live for now. I've lived in 6 states, the longest time in one has been 5 years so I feel pretty nomadic. I would miss the people for sure, but I won't have too hard a time leaving here. I'll be looking forward to new experiences where ever I end up.

Where would you go if you could travel ANYWHERE?: GREECE!!!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@obie, no it doesnt smell of cheese here, just the stores that sell cheeses ;) I havent been to the cheesemarket, but that probably smells 2.
On the mcdonals part(yuck), we do have those burgers here, but only for a limited time. They have specials here for a bout 2 weeks and then they change them again. I only know because of the commercials, because i really hate mcfood.

OKay, yesterday we wnt to that concert. oh. my gawd. its the worst concert EVER. 2 first bands were boring, then atrocity came and for some weird reason they decided to do gay 80's songs. dont get me wrong, 80's are kewl, but not these songs. And on top of that they were sung by a guy who usually grunts...needles to say, his voice was bad, really really bad.
LUckely for me, the drummer was AWESOME, he kept showing off his skills by throwing his drumsticks in the air and such. And he was a pretty thing to look at...all covered in tatts, long black hair..brooding eyes, and very nice muscled arms.
so..next band wasnt bad, but it was boring. been there dont that, 6 yrs ago.
Leaves eyes was kewl, but the singer was pretty sick(had been in the hospital) and she wasnt alowwed to talk, just sing. Even though her voice was screwed, she did a pretty good job. but...the have the same band as atrocity, so i got to watch the drummer AGAIN. YEAY for me!. Was really fun to see when he flipped out for not getting the best sound, because the communication between bandmemnbers and soundguy was cut off. LEt me just say, that guy was PISSED. Screaming at the techies, making slashing motions over his throat, in the middle of the song. And NOT missing a single beat. He was really a perfectionist, but damn that guy was tight. later he did a solo, so fast, so tight., i think hes one of the best drummer ive ever seen. So the night wasnt a total bust...i did get to watch a yummy guy going crazy :)
Other than that, watch of money and time. And the public was weird to, lots of old guys in plain clothes, and lill girls in pants and a tanktop. Where did hell did time go/ few years back everyone would be in corsets, leather, lace and so on. I just put on my pvc dres and i was waaayyyyyy overdressed. *sigh*
Anywasy, at least we got something to rant at.
and sid apparantly got today off, so yay.
AND tonight well see new moon. *more yeay*

Photocomments on the festival:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1309688754
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1309688754

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Ally---Coleslaw on a burger???? weird dude.

Um....I know something is happening today, but I can't remember what......Hmmm....Something about vampires and a book we all know......Oh!

HAPPYFREAKINGNEWMOONDAY!

Ok...So technically it's not until 12:01 tonight, but screw it. It's New Moon Day. "No boss, can't work----New Moon day today!"

I heard the same thing from people who got to see New Moon last night (we have some friends in the journalism world who got to see it a day ahead): One who loved twilight and one who didn't: Both said YOU WILL LOVE IT, especially if you found the first one lacking. Just be prepared to see a bunch of Rpatz, because even though we all know he ain't supposed to be there, he is. So there you go. Enjoy my lexily!

I'm off to work for the next four hours, then I've got a ton of stuff to do (I'm sick with a cold, so I got to get some meds) AND fit my old butt in for a nap before tonight. I expect everyone to drag in here late tomorrow and without giving away anything to those who haven't seen it, tell if you liked it or not.

I say there are at least 13 scenes with topless Jake. Anyone want to bet?

Obs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

obieewok wrote: Sarahthegoddess(everytime I see Goddard I think it looks like it anyways)
I giggled for this. Yesterday I was posting on Sarah's wall and first started it with "Hey there Goddess, I'm gonna call you that from now on because my head twists your me like that all the time anyway)" but then thought she and all her friends would think I'm nuts... or we have something going on behind the curtains... ;) :lol:
Cappu-I'm totally telling Lulu you eat Rudolph lol. And you have a sauna? Only rich people or gyms have that here!
yum yum. Rudolph tastes so goooooooooooooooood! :P
Sauna is a Finnish thing. We have it in all the houses, in most of the row houses and in some of the apartment buildings have it in every apartment (and if they don't, they have a community sauna in the basement). Not very uncommon here and I guess the pricess aren't as high as there since here there is a lot manifacturers for the stuff needed to make a sauna. Competition and so on. It's still considered a luxory. Most Finns love it. And when shopping for a house, the rare ones without a sauna sell slower.
Ohhh! Random question: I know Mcdonald's is an international thing, and everyone here has ate there. I was wondering if there were things on the menu that only your place had: like, for instance, here in Texas we have the Big N Tasty, which is like a homestyle burger-it's got mayo and tomatoes and onions and stuff on it. We also have angus burgers, since in TX it's all the rage right now. Angus beef is supposedly so much better than regular beef, but I taste no difference. So yeah---I just wondered if there were weird funky items native to your land at Mcd's!
We've got McDonalds in some of the bigger cities but I don't think I've ever been in one. There's many similar Finnish/Scandinavian burger chains. I think there's a Hesburger and/or Scanburger in almost every town larger than 1000 people. There's also Rollo. I don't like hamburger meat in them at all. It made me sick to my bones even before gerdy. But if you come here and want a good burger, I'd have to recommend Scanburger's Scan meal. It was my favorite when I still could eat the meat. Now days I always look for veggieburgers or chicken burgers or chicken salad. Those are yummy to me. :D
Can I take a moment and just sqeeeee that best bud Will got me Bon Jovi tickets for Christmas??? Um, yeah....that's my guilty pleasure. I LOVE Jon Bon Jovi.
*squeeeeeel* I love Bon jovi too. And Bryan Adams. And U2. Well, you get the picture. :)

oops. I know we shouldn't be posting answers for just one person, so in general to all, I scream NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN! It's gonna be one wild night! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yaaf3Krp_o
One wild night (blinded by the moonlight)
One wild night (24 hours of midnight)
One wild night (I stepped into the Twilight zone
And she left my heart with vertigo)
One wild night (hey, c'est la vie)
One wild night (welcome to the party)
One wild night (life is for the living so You gotta
live it up, come on let's go)
One wild, one wild, one wild, one wild night
:D

Well, you all have a good New moon party night! :D I'm just gonna lurch for a bootleg until I get any short of news when the heck it's gonna come to my theater. I'll probably get to see in theater in december.

BTW, all the dieting talk. I need to loose about 15-20kg. I think it was referred as "three stones" once. It's been my pet project for 4 f'ing years and no change what so ever. I'm lazy too but nothing happens when I eat well and workout much either. It just sticks in the same 72kg. No up no down. Old news to some.. sorry for the repeat. Since gerdy came along all my guilty pleasures have gone down; I can't even eat chocolate much now. Just couple of pieces a day, preferably dark. I'm always wanting to eat fruits and veggies all the other things in the vegan menu. Maybe it was an unconcious choice or just what my body asked for. Or maybe people should pay more attention to what they silently pray for in their beds at night (religious or not. i'm not), because there was a time 1-1,5 year ago that I thought on several nights "It's so damn hard to loose this weight. sometimes I wish I had some mild decease in my belly.. nothing that would kill but would make me eat less and more healthy" and BUM! I get GERD...

Talking of which, I have no idea what I am gonna eat today but I better go cook something for the kids already...

♥♥♥I love you all!♥♥♥ I was very touched by Meg's post too.
therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Just popping in because I totally forgot about the McDonald's thing. Yes, we used to have the Big N' Tasty up here, but I never called it that.....I called it the Big N' Nasty. Right now we've got these specialty chicken sandwich things, they're not bad, but in general I don't dig burger joints, 'specially Mickey D's.

And now I will squeal: NEEEEEEEEEEW MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, Happy New Moon Day, Y'all!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....