Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by MRK »

Hey my lovely lexies...

There are some very hard family decisions I am in the process of making right now, and tho I can't get into them on the Lex more than what I'm doing now....I'm just gonna ask you all to pray (send wise vibes) for me to be able to make the right decision. I need ALL the help I can get!
Thanks! *HUGS*
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hi guys...I'm finally back, though not 20 any more LOL I hope this time I'll have time to follow this thread and join in the conversations.

First of all I'd like to congratulate Ninna (again)...well done, mommy!!! :D

Regarding friendship - it's the only topic I've found in the last few posts - I must say that life-long friendship is a very rare thing. I have two or three friends belonging to my childhood days while all the others were "lost" along the way. I guess it's life: you grow up, you change, you take different or maybe "wrong" paths...so sometimes people simply do not fit in your life any more. This process can be very sad sometimes, especially when it's a friend of yours who goes away...for example, a friend of mine I shared the college days with simply disappeared when I was arranging everything for my wedding. I don't know why she stopped taki ng my phone calls and replying to my e-mails but she did and I cannot but respect her choice. I text her now and then but she never texts back. Am I sad? Yes. Am I asking myself what I did to make her behave this way? Yes. But there's nothing I can do...I personally don't like to beg people regarding this kind of stuff. Misunderstandings are easy to be solved but when there has been "nothing"...what can you try to solve? I think she was more involved in her medic career and not interested in my new life. That's all. She'll always have a special place in my heart though I lost my special place in hers.
I hope my experience will help some of you to put things in a new perspective.

MRK My thought and prayers are with you...
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Oob, its not like i dont read other stuff than vamps..i mean im really into the dresden files aswell...guess what, hes a wizard :P
(and damn, im in the last book, now i have to wait for 3 series to come out with a new one. *pouts*)

@MRK, my thoughts are with you, hope everything will work out for you *hugs*

Im annoyed by someone right now, but its like a fly that comes buzzing around your head and dissapears again into the room. It keeps getting smaller and smaller, and now i dont even think about swatting it, such a waste of energy. I sometimes even have to laugh about it. Especially since it tries so hard to annoy and pester and provoke, and somehow, it just doesnt get to me. its pretty sad really. i almost feel for it. almost.

Yeay for Ninna, cant wait for the pics and such. and im dying to know its name.

My sisterinlaw is getting het mexicanflu shot early...because a boy in her sons class has it, aswell as a boy in her neighbourhood. Weird, cause sid had a collegue he has direct contact with, who has the mexican flu, and even went to to hospital for 2 days, with her kid, and he just has to wait for the regular shots.(so that takes over a week since theyve known, itll be on monday now).
It feels like double standards to me...but hey, at least someone in the family is protected.

im cold, really really cold. And were pretty broke this month. Nothing to worry about, because ive been through a lot worse, but im not sure if we can make it to new moon on thursday...And the stupidest thing is..we get money the very NEXT day. *sigh*. Oh well, ill try to keep some money apart for it, but in the worst case, well see it a day later.

I dont remember if ive told about sids grandmother having a braininfarct? She been in the ospital dn everything. NOw shes at home, but shes not talking properly. Like shes really really drunk. And we all have a bad feeling about it.
At least shes started talking about trips and such again, because at first she didnt want to do anything, ever again. Hopefully, itll make her better somehow. But she has this buzz in her head...that just cant be good.

Oh and i caught a mouse at work, hahaha. long story/. lets just say my collegues dont like our lill friends and i do. And our lill friends like our packingmaterials, its some sort of waste of a cornfactory or something. So one big feast to our lill friends. They are always there.(amsterdam is full fo them), but now we even got to see one. Its the second time ive caught one, hehehe.

Anyway, not much interesting to tell really. my mind has been a lill occupied, but im not sure with what exactly.
Im not getting into the friends conversation, lots too many, and it wont do me any good either.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Maria all I can say is your dreams truly are crazy. :D Although I think that one does have a lot to do with BD.

Maria maybe you just need to find the right group of people and situations to be your more open self? Anyone of my friends will tell you I’m a loud mouthed so and so who never shuts up but even I can be overcome with shyness and clam up around certain people. (Unless we get onto a topic I’m passionate about – then you cant shut me up again!)

Also its not such a bad thing to be quiet. Quality over quantity and all that. Much better to have a conversation with someone who makes a couple of good comments/thoughts than a raving loon who rambles on about badgers and the green men from Pluto and goodness knows what else (ie – me :lol: )

Obs let me know what Men who Stare at Goats is like if you see it. I think it looks interesting-ish, made better by one of my gorgeous Scottish men but I’m not sure if theres even a plot? Confused.com!

Ally! Hello, welcome back. Sounds like you had a great Halloween. We don’t have drive ins here – probably because it rains so much. I meant to message you actually – what on earth happened to our WA cookie idea? I was a bit disheartened after my first (awful) batch but I think I may try again when I finish my course and have a bit more time.

Lol Misty – I so would have just kept that and sold it on eBay or something!

I reckon Ninna’s dragon-pup is going to be the most loved kid in the world. Look at all these aunts and uncles he has from all around the world! Ninna btw – if you didn’t know before we are all officially his aunts and uncles, glad we cleared that up! :D

Cody *HUGS*

Misty I’m thinking of you and your family. Sending lots of positive vibes and virtual hugs your way. *HUGS*

Aww Janny! You’re the brave one in your work then? I’m kind of like that. I don’t mind spiders and mice and things and I’ll remove them as humanly as possible and set them free. Show me a wasp and I’ll run a mile though! Maybe you could start a little mouse pet shop type thing and entertain kids in the store with them? Ok crazy idea.

Whats up with me??? Works pretty awful. My managers taking gardening leave from next Friday because the atmosphere is so awful. The CEO expects us to raise £200K shortfall before Christmas and I’m so unmotivated by how badly they treat people its beyond a joke.

Also all of my friends are moving out of home and if I’m the last one out of my parents house I will cry. :( I’ve helped three people pack up and move this year and watched them get settled into their own space whilst I still have my mum phoning me wondering what to cook for dinner! Ok granted its sweet and I’ll miss it when I move out and obviously she does treat me like an adult but still its quite frustrating to not quite feel like “a grown up” yet. Grr. :evil:

Anyways that’s about it with me. Apologies for the mini rants. Sounds quite negative but things arnt that bad. Lets end on some positive:

Going to see Muse tonight at the 02!
Friends birthday on Sunday = lovely fun meal out
Only 6 weeks until Christmas

Muchos love n stuff to all :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

MRK wrote:Just read this on TMZ:

"The Good Samaritan who found the script for "Twilight: New Moon" in a St. Louis dumpster -- and then returned it -- says the reward she got from the movie's production company is actually costing her big-time in the end.

Casey Ray tells TMZ she's grateful Summit Entertainment coughed up two tickets to the film's L.A. premiere and after party on November 16 -- but the cost of traveling expenses is biting her in the behind.

Ray says the round-trip tickets for her and her niece cost $1,200 -- plus another bundle to pay for a hotel and whatever other expenses the duo happens to rack up.

We spoke to a rep for Summit who says Ray's complaint comes as a complete surprise. The rep said Ray had no problems with the reward package -- which also includes a walk down the red carpet and a signed copy of the script by the movie's lead actors -- when she agreed on it back in May ... and Summit hasn't heard a peep from Ray since."

SERIOUSLY!! You get ALL that and you're still complaining! C'mon!!!!! Fine, give me the stuff and I'll go instead!
Don't have time to make a proper post but this cuaght my eye because I could have sworn the same thing happened with Twilight?! Or maybe another big movie? Where a script was found in the trash and the person actually turned it in to the production company.... who keeps throwing away their scripts?! Haha... seriously?! Almost makes me thing "publicity stunt" but thats just the conspiracy theorist in me talking...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Hope everyone had a good day, especially if you got to be off from work/school like me.

Sarah---what the freak is "Gardening leave"??? I think I should get to take that too---work on my daffodils or something lol. It sounds insane, so I'm thinking it's a language thing. I think gardening and I think people working in their yards. I must know about this, so that I can petition to have this leave lol.

Janny- We get money on Friday too, the day after NM is released. Thank GAWD I bought my midnight tix a while ago. But I feel you. I hate being broke, but it could always be worse.

Dimber---welcome welcome.

Misty- Now I need to know what's going on. I'm concerned! I'll keep your family in my prayers/thoughts and all that jazz and you let me know if I can do anything!

I need to send Ninna my baby gift asap or else it won't arrive until pup is like five.

Works been busy this week. Lots to do before Turkey Day gets here. I think my last day at work isn't going to be until Christmas Eve, but that depends on the doc signing off on that. He wants me to rest way ahead of time, and I told him unless he can pay my bills and take care of my kid he needs to shove it.

Quick fic recs: Elemental is awesome, Tides is great for the slow burn of lemons, and University of Edward Masen is what I'm currently reading and enjoying.

Of course, it must be said that my fave, Clipped Wings and Inked Armor, is freaktastickly the greatest fic EVER. Tattward owns me.

I'm about halfway through the first vamp diaries book and I'm really diggin it.

I'm currently addicted to Million Dollar Listing. Does anyone else watch this clusterF of a show?

Got to scoot. I need to get to the cafeteria and get food in da tummy!

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

Rose I think I must agree with the conspiracy theorist in you. Also the "publicity stunt" alarm buzzer is going off in my mind.

ROFL Obie I totally agree with the thought that we could just take leave to fix up the garden! I think its something thats changed name over the years - I think it used to be "guarding leave" as in your "guarding your company"

Its when someones been made redundent or fired and they have x amount of time on their notice period (ie in my boss's case 3 months) but due to whatever reasons that person staying in the office may actually be detreimental to the company. So they are still technically employed and paid until the end of their period but they dont have to come in to the office.

I think its quite a cushty arrangement myself!

Frick! I so need to get the baby gift sorted or it'll turn into a graduation present! Also need to get the Christmas card for Noah done. Damn WHY are there not more hours in my life???

Lovelovelove - Happy Thursday peeps! :mrgreen:

PS - Becca if your just reading and not posting then get some of those wicked random UK thoughts down online please! Where'd'ya go? :lol:

PPS: Had to come running back in here for a fangirl SQUUUUEEE!!! Absolute radio station is running a competetion for an early morning wake up call from Mr David Tennant! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages ... 388?ref=nf I so sent my email the second I saw that. As Becca will justify I am SOO not a morning person but he could wake me up any time he damn well chooses. Ok I'm off into dreamy fangirl world now... :lol:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

SarahGoddard wrote:Rose I think I must agree with the conspiracy theorist in you. Also the "publicity stunt" alarm buzzer is going off in my mind.

ROFL Obie I totally agree with the thought that we could just take leave to fix up the garden! I think its something thats changed name over the years - I think it used to be "guarding leave" as in your "guarding your company"

Its when someones been made redundent or fired and they have x amount of time on their notice period (ie in my boss's case 3 months) but due to whatever reasons that person staying in the office may actually be detreimental to the company. So they are still technically employed and paid until the end of their period but they dont have to come in to the office.

I think its quite a cushty arrangement myself!

Frick! I so need to get the baby gift sorted or it'll turn into a graduation present! Also need to get the Christmas card for Noah done. Damn WHY are there not more hours in my life???

Lovelovelove - Happy Thursday peeps! :mrgreen:

PS - Becca if your just reading and not posting then get some of those wicked random UK thoughts down online please! Where'd'ya go? :lol:

PPS: Had to come running back in here for a fangirl SQUUUUEEE!!! Absolute radio station is running a competetion for an early morning wake up call from Mr David Tennant! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages ... 388?ref=nf I so sent my email the second I saw that. As Becca will justify I am SOO not a morning person but he could wake me up any time he damn well chooses. Ok I'm off into dreamy fangirl world now... :lol:

I want gardening leave immediately. My sarcasm is detrimental.

And NO FREAKING WAY---If Doctor Who is waking up anyone's fine rear, it's MINE. I'd go through Daleks and Cybermen to hear his voice (that.was.so.freaking.lame)

Now, how do I go about getting John Barrowman from Torchwood AND the Doctor to call....hmmmmm.
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

First of all, thank you to everyone for that outpouring of support. It means a lot to me that you all care.

Secondly--WELCOME DRAGON PUP!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS NINNA!!!

Thirdly--welcome Dimber! Warning: This thread will become your life.

And Finally, THERE ARE 8 DAYS LEFT UNTIL NEW MOON!!! Well, okay, 7 if you're going to a midnight showing. Personally, I'm skipping that so maybe I'll be able to enjoy the movie without so many tweens. By the way, anybody seen the new TV trailer? They have Bella punching Paul. And not getting hurt. um...quack??? How in the heck are they going to explain when Bella BREAKS HER HAND on Jacob's face in Eclipse if punching Paul's face didn't even make her flinch??? I hope the rest of the movie is better than that.

Misty---adding you to my prayer list.

Me stuff----I'm in a much better mood now, despite having lost my job. Pray for me/ send vibes for me to get a new job soon--I don't want to be jobless over Christmas. I am trying my very best not to disconnect from the friend who's moving away. (that's a bad habit of mine--when I know someone's leaving I disconnect emotionally so it doesn't hurt as much when they're gone) I know I'll have the internet and I WILL stay in touch with her, even if it's a while before I can visit.

Today I broke my toe on the corner of my bed. It bit me, I swear. :lol: It hurts a little, but it's a pain I've felt MANY times before and I can deal.

I finished reading IT. The ending was way trippy. I think Mr. King was stoned when he finished writing it.

So--has anyone seen the Prince of Persia teaser trailer? It looks really good. Jake Gyllenhal with long hair and a very good English accent....yum. *sigh* I'm addicted to that game, but I want to beat it before I see the movie.

For whoever wanted to know how to make a word link, click the url button, and in the first bracket ([url]) after url, type =, and then your desired url (i.e. [url=www.yahoo.com]) and then type your words between the brackets ([url = http://www.abc.com] hello [ /url]. Does that help?

That's all folks! Later lexlings! muuuuuah!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

Omg Terri, you just gave me the happiest mental picture of my life. Being woken up by John Barrowman. *sigh* I could die happy. lol Wow um. I really don't have anything else to say, but wow. Okay, back to your regularly scheduled lexing. ;) I'm off to um, do something else now. lol