The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire

Post by gamb1t »

Wow, I had been putting off reading this series for a long time....and I'm SO UPSET at myself for waiting this long (but glad I finally read them). This is a very good series that should get a lot more recognition than it does. I'm excited to figure out what happens in the next/final book (one good thing about waiting this long I guess is that I don't have to wait and wait and wait like I'm sure some people on this thread have). What does everyone think is going to happen in the last book?

My prediction (SPOILERS):
I don't see Gale surviving for some reason. I see something really awful happening to him, and even though Katniss is upset, I have a feeling she is going to realize she has more than just small feelings for Peeta. Also, I think that Haymitch and the others will have a sure way to overthrow the Capitol, but somehow the President is going to sneak a message to Katniss about a way to somehow save Peeta that invovles messing with Haymitch's/rebellions plans. Then, Katniss risks everything to go save Peeta, the rebellion still somehow finds a way to overthrow the Capitol (but I have a feeling a lot of people are going to die, including Haymitch and maybe Kat's mother). This is just speculation lol, so I'm probably way off.

End spoilers.
ImageImageImageImage
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hey Gambit, good predictions. I'm glad you finally read The Hunger Games after putting it out for quite some time. I agree this series should receive lots of attention. It's really good, the action scenes are heart stopping, the drama and suspense would really keep you awake at night :lol:

I'm really looking forward for August for Mockingjay...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Dazzel21 and Gamb1t, I think you made pretty accurate predictions. Collins has shown that she is not afraid to kill off beloved characters and I agree with you that it's going to be a bloodbath. I also have a feeling it's going to feel a bit different from the first two, because it's not like they are going to have another Hunger Games like competition - it's going to be a battle. Sorry, I can't remember the invizzy font, so if I spoiled people with my lame guesses, my apologies!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I just found this thread!
I love the books!
Can't wait for Mockingjay. I just hope that the book will come out soon in Dutch, 'cause I don't want to buy the English version... I can read it in English, but if I have to wait until the library has it, I'd be better off waiting for the Dutch version...

I have just one hope for the last book: Katniss should end up with Peeta.

Very excited about the movie... I read it would be Fall 2011, but can't remember where I read that :roll:
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

IMDB had the movie as being Summer/Fall 2011. Lionsgate picked it up, which means it should have sufficient funding. I just hope whoever directs it can do a good job because Suzanne Collins is writing the script. Due to the demographic, the movie will be rated PG-13...but since there isn't really any "adult scenes" in the books so far, I think they will be able to get away with a little blood without changing the rating.
ImageImageImageImage
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Wow I'm surprised the movie will be PG-13. When I was reading The Hunger Games I thought the deaths are way to brutal and the blood bath at the start of the game. It gives me goose bumps as I was reading it. I agree with Laydi, Suzanne Collins have no problems killing the beloved characters so I'm brazing myself for Mockingjay. Several people are about to die there...I hope none of the characters I like...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

DebussyGirl[/b ROFL on the Peeta comment. :lol: I loooooooooove the Hunger Games series. Best thing I've read since Twilight, honest to God!!! I was so into it that I'm hosting a Hunger Games event tomorrow Wed at 6 pm at Borders Pasadena so we can get ready for Mockingjay, and Im begging my boss to keep us open that night for a midnight release party cuz I don't think I ca wait till morning xD Really excited!!

Hope <3
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Hope, the book store near me is having a midnight release party for Mockingjay. I want my Mockingjay fast, but I'm a little nervous about what sort of events they'd have as activities (and although I can stand being humiliated for Twilight, I'm not sure how much I can tolerate being the only adult in a room full of teens again - they aren't always the most welcoming crowd and I can't drag my friend to it because I'm the only one that's read the Hunger Games series so far).
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

dazzel21 wrote:Wow I'm surprised the movie will be PG-13. When I was reading The Hunger Games I thought the deaths are way to brutal and the blood bath at the start of the game. It gives me goose bumps as I was reading it. I agree with Laydi, Suzanne Collins have no problems killing the beloved characters so I'm brazing myself for Mockingjay. Several people are about to die there...I hope none of the characters I like...

I'm not be surprised. Many who read the book are of the ages of pre-teen to adult. The movie producers want to target the movie to that audience, and if they rate the movie too high, they will miss most of that audience. And for movies, it's all about making money.

I'm sooo excited for Mockingjay to come out!!!! I can't wait!!! :o
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I have to wait until November for Mockingjay! :o :o :shock:

The English version will be here in August, but I only want to buy the Dutch version. I can read English fine, but I don't want to buy the same book twice. And since I have the first two in Dutch...
I could read it from the library first, but by the time they got it, I could just as well just wait for the Dutch one..

I'm bummed..... :cry: