What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: What are you reading?

Post by pennybug84 »

Lean on Me by Jack Weyland. I haven't read this book in years & while I was in high school it was my favorite so I wanted to read it again. I'm only the first chapter in so I don't know if I still love it as much as I did back then. We shall soon find out!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

I love this book. It has an interesting writing style and the storyline is interesting (well duh, thats a good book.) I love the relationship between the two main characters and everyone else around them. The story is dark-ish but it is surrounded by humor, which makes it all the better! You all should read this. Definitely.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Maximum Ride by James Patterson. I'm only in a couple of pages, but I've heard good things about it, so I decided to start it. Does anyone have any opinions on it?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Post by Essay33 »

I know I left post here yesterday. I know I did.

*scratches head, wondering if the thread went through a black hole*
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I never have time to finish anything I read! Here's a list of what I'm "reading," from what I started the longest time ago to the most recent:

LOTR: The Two Towers by Tolkien
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Just After Sunset, a collection of short stories by Stephen King
Liberty and Tyranny by Mark R. Levin
The Divine Comedy (Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso) by Dante
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
The Awakening (for school) by Kate Chopin
V for Vendetta by Alan Moore

And, I've been meaning to re-read my annotated version of The Wizard of Oz...and speaking of Oz, I'm buying Wicked, Son of a Witch, and (possibly) A Lion Among Men this week.

And I'm sure there's still something in there that I failed to mention...
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Alone, Together - Jack Weyland. Another one of his books :D
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

I just finished Lover Revealed, the 4th book of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Man, I'm loving this series. I'm doing nothing but reading everytime I have a free moment.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife and it is strange :? ! Anyone want to discuss? I'm 75% through the book and it is hard to follow. My friend who loaned me the book LOVED it and I can't really see why she loved it so much. Input?
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Susie wrote:I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife and it is strange :? ! Anyone want to discuss? I'm 75% through the book and it is hard to follow. My friend who loaned me the book LOVED it and I can't really see why she loved it so much. Input?
I'm only about halfway through it, and I left my copy at school, but I like it! It is a little hard to follow at times, though. What I like about it is that it's original, and I like how it doesn't really tell you everything about anyone all at once...you kind of pick stuff up as you go.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Michelle ~ I absolutely hated the book Wicked. It's very...wordy.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl