What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Jestak »

I've just finished The Green Ripper, by John D. MacDonald. This is another in the Travis McGee series, with Travis doing what he seems to end up doing quite a lot--setting out to avenge the death of a woman.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Current reading:

1) Alone, by Lisa Gardner. This is another of Gardner's taut thrillers. Massachusetts State Trooper Bobby Dodge, a sniper with a special SWAT team, shoots and kills a man named Jimmy Gagnon in a hostage situation. But there's far more to the situation than Bobby realizes, and he finds himself in the middle of a deadly net of plans and counterplans which he'll be lucky to get out of alive. Another good one from Gardner.

2) Shakespeare After All, by Marjorie Garber. Garber is a lit professor at Harvard, and she's written an often illuminating set of essays, one devoted to each of Shakespeare's plays. This one is pretty good and accessible to a general reader if you're at least somewhat familiar with some of the plays.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
LadyGhost06
Wandering Through Town

Post by LadyGhost06 »

I'm reading "The Dead-Tossed Waves" by Carrie Ryan. Next on my list will be "The Dark and Hollow Places" by Carrie Ryan. That will finish up the "Forest of Hands and Teeth" trilogy.
"I'll walk forever with stories inside me that the people I love the most can never hear."
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I just started City of Bones by Cassandra Clare and Succubus On Top by Richelle Mead today.

I've heard lots of great things about City of Bones. I'm hoping I won't be let down.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

^It's a good series, BlueStarEgo.I found it a little confusing at first but really enjoyed it.

I'm currently reading;

Clarity by Kim Harrington and Stay by Deb Caletti
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie. I like it. If it weren't for Benedict Cumberbatch, I'd take Hercule over Sherlock any day.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Black Sheep by Georgette Heyer. It is set in regency England and is pretty witty. I'm enjoying it.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie. I like it. If it weren't for Benedict Cumberbatch, I'd take Hercule over Sherlock any day.
And the nice thing about the Poirot books is that there are so many of them. Some of the best, IMHO, are The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile, and Cards on the Table. Don't overlook the Miss Marple books, either.

I'm reading The Snake Tattoo, by Linda Barnes. This is her second book about Carlotta Carlyle, the ex-cop turned PI and cabbie. In this one, she's working on a pair of cases, each of which has her looking for a young woman. Her ex-superior with the Boston PD, Lt. Mooney, is in trouble with Internal Affairs over a fight, and needs her to find a prostitute with a tattoo of a snake. At the same time, a boy from an elite prep school hires her to find his runaway girlfriend. It's pretty good so far; this is a series I plan to keep up with, although it isn't quite as good as some of my favorites.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Jestak wrote:
dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie. I like it. If it weren't for Benedict Cumberbatch, I'd take Hercule over Sherlock any day.
And the nice thing about the Poirot books is that there are so many of them. Some of the best, IMHO, are The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile, and Cards on the Table. Don't overlook the Miss Marple books, either.
I'm sort of excited to read all 80 of them. I'm just reading the more popular ones of hers before my Clue-themed church camp at the end of June. I have the Orient Express, the Nile and the first Miss Marple in my to read pile, too.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Though I've temporarily misplaced the book after going to the beach on Friday, I'm reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke.