What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: What are you reading?

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

rereading the entire Mediator Series. And repping the JFC as a result. (Jesse Fan Club...which post Twilight would be called Team Jesse)

"...Peace, Love, Fruit, Jolly Ranchers, and Sexy Jesse! JFC"
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

almost finished Vamp Academdy 3 (Shaddow kiss). I'd forgotten how SAD it is! :'(

Not sure what i'll read next?! haha But i wanna read some new stuff... Anyone got any good reading ideas?? :)
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Finishing up Total Eclipse of the Heart by Zane. It was a bit different than I was used to so I stopped reading it in March. I'm trying to finish it now. I feel like I need to since I got her to sign it for me :lol:
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Laidlaw, by William McIlvanney. This is his first book about Glasgow detective Jack Laidlaw, and it's often considered the starting point for Tartan Noir. It starts a bit slow, but if you stick with it for the first 50 pages or so you'll be pulled in--the characters and atmosphere are fascinating.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Tempest
Settled in Forks

Post by Tempest »

Currently reading "The Emerald" by Jennie Kessler. She's a new author, and I like to check out freshly discovered talent, so I picked the book up.

In summary, it's about pirates, romance, and adventure. :D Descriptive I know. But there's actually a trailer for the book, so I'll save some time and just let it do the talking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iPaqIp3sas
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Just finished The Hunger Games (which is so incredibly perfect that it is amazing :lol:).

I don't know what to read. My dad wants so bad that I read Lord of the rings (he is addicted. It's sad). but I want to read the uglies too.
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Twilight. It's been over a year since I read it. Plus it was easier than trying to decide what to read next. :D
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Finished "Burning Up", which is an anthology of a few different stories by some great authors!

Trying to decide what should be next!!

Thank you Naureen!!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Current reading:

1) Merchants of Doubt, by Naomi Oreskes and Erik Conway. This book tells the story of how a small group of scientists have, over the years, managed to create the appearance of uncertainty and debate on a number of scientific issues, and prevented or delayed effective action on issues like acid rain, ozone depletion, secondhand smoke and global warming. Very good and important.

2) Revolutionaries, by Jack Rakove. Rakove is a leading historian of the revolutionary and early national periods in US history, and here he's written a new account of what he terms the "invention of America." This one is pretty good, but Rakove seems to me to try to do too much--he's written a book that's part intellectual history, part political and diplomatic history, part military and part social. Not only does he face the perils of jumping between the different strands of his story, but some of them are clearly stronger than others--Rakove isn't really a military historian, for example, so that element of the book is relatively weak.

3) Persuader, by Lee Child. This is another Jack Reacher novel. As this one opens, Reacher appears to spontaneously intervene to thwart the kidnapping of a college student, and then to get hired by the boy's family as a guard. However, we quickly learn that there's more to things--Reacher is working with some DEA agents on an unofficial, off-the-record investigation of the boy's father. Like all the Reacher novels, this is pretty high in action and violence, but very well written and plotted.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

The Dark Carpathian Series by Christine Feehan

Unbelievable books!! I'm on Book 13 - Dark Destiny.

Awesome!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict