What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skinnybones4
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: What are you reading?

Post by skinnybones4 »

Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham
Talking about the Twilight Saga!
Jrm2492
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jrm2492 »

bran hambric: the fairfield curse by Kaleb Nation :D
I'm Jenna
ImageImage
Banner and Avi by me
"When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

I just got my hands on Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. So excited to read it!
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

*Wanderer* wrote:I just got my hands on Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. So excited to read it!
Catching Fire is SO freaking-tastic, I LOVED it!!!

Anyhoo, I'm in the middle of Magic Study which is the 2nd book in the "Study" series by Maria V. Snyder. I like it, but not as much as I liked Poison Study.
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Chapter 2 of my Chemistry textbook.
And the first two chapters of "The World is Flat," which is fairly interesting, except for the fact that I have to have it done and a synopsis on it by Monday. :(

I did however, finally get my hands on "Betrayed" from the House of Night series, which I've been searching for for like 2 years now. I finished it in two nights, and naturally, my WalMart is sold out of the next one too, now. :roll:
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

xXBeSafeXx wrote:Chapter 2 of my Chemistry textbook.
And the first two chapters of "The World is Flat," which is fairly interesting, except for the fact that I have to have it done and a synopsis on it by Monday. :(

I did however, finally get my hands on "Betrayed" from the House of Night series, which I've been searching for for like 2 years now. I finished it in two nights, and naturally, my WalMart is sold out of the next one too, now. :roll:
Yep good stuff, Chosen is better that Betrayed...You see the growth of the writters every book...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I recently finished Q and A, the book that Slumdog Millionaire was based on. It's a really good book, but not in the same league as the movie. Now I'm on to Handle With Care by Jodi Piccoult, which I'm finding quite sad.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:
Anyhoo, I'm in the middle of Magic Study which is the 2nd book in the "Study" series by Maria V. Snyder. I like it, but not as much as I liked Poison Study.
i have now read the whole series and have to say that i prefered Poison STudy out of all of them. Gotta love Valek!

I finished Fire Study by Maria V Snyder - the third in the study trilogy. i enjoyed it imensly, and am waiting untill i can afford to get the subsequent trilogy.

i have also read Dragonfly Falling by Adrian Tchaikovsky, and loved it - i want to by the next book, which is Blood Of The Mantis.

Am curently reading Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris. so far i am enjoying it, but i had to go into the book store and get a new copy because my original stopped randomly halfway though and began from the begining again. i think that there must have been a mix up when they were binding the books.

My friend lent me the Vampire Diaries by L J Smith, and said that "if you don't cry then you are heartless". well i must be heartless because they were rubbish. i had to fight through it to get to the end, because i hate giving up on books, but they were truly shocking.

I found out my exam text for english lit is Tess of the D'Ubervilles - i am very excited about this!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Bloodline by Katy Moren.

It's about a British boy when the Anglish are invading the Isle, and eh has the blood of the old kings in him but his motheris also one of the invading lord's daughters and he kinda has a magival tie to animals and it's just really cool.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
bronzehairedmiracle
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bronzehairedmiracle »

debussygirl wrote:For English we will be reading/watching Hamlet.
And I need to pick an outside reading book. I was thinking about Paradise Lost, but I worry it won't be enough pages.

Ooh..Pick it. I read it and it's amazing. Maybe you can take Pardise Reagained too if you are worried its too short.
Here's my favourite quote from Paradise Lost:

And me, with thee hath ruined; For with thee
certain my resolution is to die.

And another one:

All higher knowledge in her presence falls
Degraded, Wisdom in discourse with her
Loses, discunt'nanced, and like Folly shows

(8:551-3)
If all else perished and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained and and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.