Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Writers Central

Post by Amanda Beth »

alphanubilus wrote:Now I am trying to figure out what voice I want to use. I'm leaning on first person, as it would be fun to be in her head, as she has an unusual way of seeing things, but at the same time it would create creative issues as it limits what can be seen or heard... We'll see... I'll let you know as I approach the project. RIght now I have to finish a few more things for my friend's werewolf book, and then I have to finish a screenplay for another friend, and then I can focus on my new novel project. :)
I'm STILL struggling over this part of my book. The first draft was written in 1st person, then I realized it needed to be in 3rd, NOW I sometimes even switch to 1st person again while writing and kind of miss it but know what I would lose if it went back to being 1st person. Hope you have better luck than me lol
alphanubilus
Learning to Love Green

Post by alphanubilus »

I totally understand Amanda Beth. To me it will ultimately come down to what will give the reader the best possible view point. It is really a tough decision, but at this point, I'm still plotting out the plot differences between the script and the novel. Novel writing is so much more liberating than screenplay writing, so I'm really excited to jump in, but business has to come first, as I have others waiting on me to finish their projects. I'll get those finished first, and then I'll jump into the world of novel writing! :D
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

That is exactly why I like to write in third person. It gives me the chance to include more viewpoints without excluding any characters. Good luck with the decision, Alpha!
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

OMG I'm on such a role right now. I love the new direction I'm going in!!!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Amanda Beth wrote:OMG I'm on such a role right now. I love the new direction I'm going in!!!
That's wonderful AB!! Rock on, lady!
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

man, I didn't realize how much this would change. I've deleted and rewritten three entire chapters already. The only thing that seems to be the same are the characters and the war. Plot is all changed.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

So glad it's going so well, AB! We have yet another snow day today! Grr! I may do some writing afterwhile. But then again, I may not. :?:
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Amanda Beth wrote:man, I didn't realize how much this would change. I've deleted and rewritten three entire chapters already. The only thing that seems to be the same are the characters and the war. Plot is all changed.
:shock:
Wow! Please tell me you saved the first draft just in case...
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Hahah I have like four drafts all at different points in the writing process. Every big overhaul got a new draft (remember I started writing in 1st person and switched to 3rd too lol) When I'm completely done I'm going to go back and read them just to see how they've changed :)
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Glad all is going well for everyone in here. Kayla, I'm still up for a WC. I just need to get through this weekend. Maybe SUnday night?? I thought I'd just mention it here in case anyone wants to join in. :-)

Goodnight!!