The fashion thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: The fashion thread

Post by marielle »

^^ okay that's seriously insane...
I hate the cold and snow so much that I have been looking at snow boots... I only wear flipflops when it's above 25C...
I bought a really nice pair on holiday last week, they are really soft...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Believe it or not, they do here in the states (or at least here in Ohio) quite often. I don't really get it either.

The stuff that Lia from Fallen One wears on stage looks warmer than what a lot of people where here in the winter. And to think that winter isn't too far away. Where'd you vacation? Hopefully it was warmer there than that, as it doesn't really make sense for things such as that to be on sale, even as a clearance item.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hmm, not much activity here lately. Let's do something about that! ;)

I have a question: I'm going to a 100 Monkeys concert in about a month (with Marielle YAY! So excited already!), but I can't really decide what to wear. Now, I don't have a lot of experience with concerts, but I'm guessing it should be a little practical if I'm going to be standing all night. So no high heels? Would pockets be handy or would it be ok/safe to bring a bag? Jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt? Or is that a little plain? Also I think it might be cold outside, but hot inside. So t-shirt with a thick coat? Or a vest/sweater that I can take off? Hmm...

P.S. Is it weird that I'm trying to decide what to wear a month before? ;)
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Suzan, wow you are planning this so early... pffff.... I haven't even started to think about it besides that I should not forget I have something planned that Friday and that we still have to make plans for it...

My normal concert attire is a workerjeans or something similar with a lot of pockets so I don't have to bring a handbag, a t-shirt with a thick vest over it... one problem my favorite worker just revealed a massive gash in it so I need something new...
oh yeah, and comfortable shoes... remember you are standing for at least 3 hours if not more...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Leyroa
Settled in Forks

Post by Leyroa »

Twilight inspires me in various ways in my fashion style. I even bought this green dress from Bella, because I think it's such a pretty cocktail dress! I love the look of the volturi- it's a nice gothic chic.

Besides this fact, I also like normal fashion ;) I'm really looking forward to the H&M Versace collection... I will order it online... and I love the stuff of Forever21.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Marielle - Yep, I guess I am a little early with this, but it was just something that ran through my mind. Plus, I have a lot of time right now to do my winter wardrope shopping, so I thought I could go look for something if I needed something for the concert. Thanks for the input. I need a new pair of jeans anyway so I guess I should start looking for one with lots of pockets, hihi. I always feel sort of weird without a bag though, like I'm forgetting something, hihi.

Leyroa - That's so cool you got Bella's dress from NM! I really liked that one.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Leyroa wrote:Twilight inspires me in various ways in my fashion style. I even bought this green dress from Bella, because I think it's such a pretty cocktail dress! I love the look of the volturi- it's a nice gothic chic.
I love the Volturi look as well.. I said to Brienna when we were at the movie last week that I really love that cloak/coat Jane is wearing in Eclipse...I have to see if I can find something like that...

Suzan, I'm not decided on what to wear either... maybe I forgo my standard look and try to look cute... you know Jackson is there... :roll:
We will need to make a plan soon...

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Marielle - Do I need to remind you that you have a BF? Who is going to be there no less! ;)

I saw these really cool jeans in an ad. I don't know if it'll look good on me, but I'm definitely going to try it. It would be perfect for the concert with big pockets. I have some cool white t-shirts, so I think I'll be wearing one of those with like a black tank-top under it. Maybe...
Now I just need to figure out which shoes to wear and what I'm going to wear outside, over the t-shirt...
marriey12
Settled in Forks

Post by marriey12 »

I love to follow fashion but still i m waiting for help to finding good sites... ;)
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

^^If you're interested in good fashion sites, here are some of my favorites:
(It's been so long since I've been on the lex that I can't remember how to make the url go in the word like I normally would, so I apoligise!)

http://lookbook.nu/?utm_source=weibolife.appspot.com (you've prob heard of this, pretty common but great nontheless)
http://www.blogcatalog.com/category/fashion/ (this will direct you to some of the most popular fashion blogs)
http://www.blogcatalog.com/blogs/hello-again-vintage (a great blog found from the list in the previous link, looove vintage!)

and it's surprisingly easy to stay up to date with fashion by simply following your favorite stores online catalouges, just google a store and see what they've got this season! I generally try to check up at Charlotte Rousse, Forever 21, Wet Seal, H&M, KappAhl etc. and for the brand name designer stuff Nordstroms.And like I said blogs are super helpful as well, once you find one that suits your style it's really enjoyable to follow :)

I also noticed that was your first post, in which case, WELCOME! I hope to see you around the lex and feel free to PM me for anything :)

With winter coming, I've been thinking about all the extra clothing I'm going to be needing to survive here in Finland... haha it's really not so bad, but mainly I wanted to pose a simple question here: gloves or mittens?

Last year I went with mittens, but I felt a bit childish doing so. They're very warm though, which is good, but I was thinking of maybe changing to leather gloves (probably brown?) this year. I think I would feel a bit more sophisticated and feminine with the leather gloves... not sure though, and my biggest problem is I don't know how warm they'll be. And are they even considered "fashionable" anymore? I've seen a few women sporting the look this year, but I haven't checked up on the topic online or anything. I feel silly making such a big deal about such a simple thing, but since I found the fashion blog I supposed this would be the ideal place for me to do so! :D I'd love any opinions on the matter in any case, thanks!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd