Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
deltamuse
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by deltamuse »

I enjoyed seeing how much Edward really loved Bella, especially reading about the exact moment that it happened. Throughout "Twilight" it seems as if Bella really does love Edward more...until you read it from Edward's POV.
Humbled
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Somewhere in the Appalachia's...............with the bears!

Post by Humbled »

I, like alot of you, tried to resist reading MS because of SM request. It seems that I have less patience than Edward. LOL. No, really, as a proud Twi-guy it was so satisfying to read the story from Edwards point of view. Vampire or not, he thinks like a man. I found so much understanding in this for all the Vampire characters. On top of that, reading this made alot of the movie click for me. The actors must have pulled from this more than anyone knows. I dont think that I can pick a favorite thought from the writing, but one thing I did like that I havent seen commented on is Carlisle and Edwards trip bank to Port Angeles. That really shows another faucet in those characters. It shows how far Edward has came in his journey to be like Carlisle. I do have to say though, I was rooting for his brand of punishment, but then Carlisle wouldnt be himself.
Every Good Vampire Could Use A Nice Set Of Bunker Gear
twilightfan1
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan1 »

I fully read what SM put about Midnight Sun but once i knew it was there i've been so addicted to all the books i knew i wouldn't be able to resist.

Now, despite feeling bad about it and wanting to respect SM's views, i am so glad i read it. I thought it was AMAZING!
i loved how deep it goes into the way the cullen family works and it intensified all the feelings i felt towards the characters even more, i now love emmett! I also loved how you got to find out exactly what points Edward changed his mind about staying away, when he began to love her and the signs of his humanity coming back etc. and how much better clearer it made the fact that he wasn't a stalker at all really just being protective at first because of Peter and Charlotte.
Also how intense Edwards feelings are -wow. It was so amazing to read and understand how intense his love, jealousy was yet how intense his desire for her blood was and how he forced himself to accept the burn. The conflicting emotions were addictive to me as a reader. It also made him leaving in new moon much clearer and even acceptable seeing as he did it because he loved her enough to leave. It doesn't surprise me now that he didn't figure how much Bella would miss him either, MS shows how much he really can't see himself clearly just as Bella can't see herself.
I desperately hope that SM finishes MS i'm not sure she will even though it says on her website she will- though Robert Patterson did say when he read it it was like 3/4's done and so surely that's more then 12 chapters??? i can't say how much i'd really love to read the rest now i've read this much if anything, that sahme of what's happened, has made the book into even more of a best seller if/when it's finally published.
t3am_Cullenn x13
Settled in Forks

Post by t3am_Cullenn x13 »

I feel great sympathy for Stephenie that something like this should happen to her. It shouldn't happen to anybody. I read the rough draft on her website and i think that it was off to an excellent start. She's such a talented writer and her stories touch the lives of so many of us. I wish that the series wouldn't end like this as i'm sure many do. We're not quite ready to leave Forks behind, but as a loyal Twilight reader and fan, i understand what was done and once more feel for Stephenie. In Midnight Sun, i love how you have the chance to see inside Edwards mind; how you get to understand the motives behind his actions in Twilight. I also love how you get to see how much he loves Bella and how he always will. Midnight Sun is a great start in the story of Edward.
Sienna
Settled in Forks

Post by Sienna »

I do hope that Stephenie reconsiders and finishes the Midnight Sun project. It is disappointing that it was distributed electronically without her consent. It is a sad and difficult fact of anything and in particular something that is of an artistic nature that is placed in an online medium that it can be stolen. The draft chapters that she has placed on her website are wonderful and fun - It fits so much into the series like a chorus to the Twilight reading. In many ways I enjoy it more than Twilight. I would also like to see New Moon, the second book done from Edwards point of view since during so much of the story he is away it would be just brilliant to hear how his story thread goes along separately during this time.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I really liked the 12 chapters. I loved reading from Edward's POV; it was very interesting.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Karistiona
Settled in Forks

Post by Karistiona »

Oh I *LOVED* it! I truly think that if Stephenie gets around to publishing this book it might actually be my favourite.
I smile because I have no idea what's going on :)
betweentwolakes
Settled in Forks

Post by betweentwolakes »

I agree with all the positive comments about MS. I too think this book is my favourite of them all but that is only because I finally understand how hard it was for Edward. If we only had this book we would probably want another with Bella's POV. I like breaking dawn because it has the different POV's. Stephenie also uses different POV's very well in The Host. She is such an amazing writer. One idea I had was that since I couldn't resist reading MS on her website, I would send her a payment as if I had bought the book. I was thinking $10 sent to her c/o her publishing company. If enough of us did this, she might feel better about finishing the book at some point. Anyway that's what I plan to do.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

One thing that I loved finally understanding is all the staring, ha! Especially at lunch time... when Jessica noticed. Some how it didn't occur to me that Edward was trying so hard to get into Bella's head that he didn't care that he was openly staring at her. I though it was great to see how frustrating it was for Edward to not be able to get into Bella's head.

I also loved the part with Edward and Emmet getting Ben and Angela together... though I thought it was a little awkward to have Edward claim to want to ask Angela out when it was such a big deal that he was actually noticing a girl at the school... Bella... seemed a little out of place to have him talking that way about another girl. Maybe that is something that will change with editing?

I also love finally understanding how Edward knew that Bella was in trouble in PA and that the motivation to keep tabs on her was out of protection against Peter and Charlotte and not just random stalking. And I agree with those who thought it was great to see Edward go to Carlisle for help when he wanted Bella's would be attacker to be taken out in some way.

Over all... I would have to say that my favorite part of the chapters was getting to see so much more about the Cullen's as a family and as vampires in hiding. It was so great to get to know so much more about them! Made me love them that much more, and understand them better.

My fingers and toes will be crossed hoping for the final draft to be published!!!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
ShootingStar
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShootingStar »

I absolutely adored Midnight Sun, I loved that after all this time, after all of us had completely fallen head over heels in love with Edward, we could finally see what was inside his head.

It also makes me like Edward SO much more, I mean, who can read MS and see the way he looks at Bella, and not absolutely adore him? Sighh...Edward.

The only thing I didn't like was how suddenly vindictive Jessica was, in the Twilight saga she is supposed to be a little self-centred, and a bit judgemental and bitter botu Edward, but I didn't think she was a cow from the very first day she met Bella, that surprised me.

I wish Stephenie all the best, and ask, even if she doesn't finish it, can she PLEASEEEE write the meadow scene from Edwards perspective, that would make my WORLD. =]

Abi x
"I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. No one was going to bite me." - Bella, first day of school. =]

Don't you know who you are, you're my shooting star.
E <3 B.