Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
catieolacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Just Ian

Post by catieolacullen »

Ian, Ian, Ian... He's probably my favourite character of any book I've ever read. Edward, Jacob, and the Cullen boys close behind. It's embarrassing to say, but I'm immensely jealous of both Bella and Wanda. Haha. They get the epitome of perfect men. Whaat the crap? Can they share? ;) I like how Ian is described. Especially when he gets close to her face '...And all I could see what snow, ink, and sapphire.' And did anyone notice, as the chapters went along and Wanda described Ian's eyes to us, that it got more descriptive? First he had just blue eyes, then they were vivid blue, cobalt, sapphire, etc? I thought that was kind of interesting :) So yeah! Go Ian :D
La tua cantante...
HATE SPINNERBAIT!
Is anyone else here a Sarah Dessen fan, also?
2awesome4u
Settled in Forks

Post by 2awesome4u »

I LOVE Ian
he's probably my favorite character; he's almost a perfect cross between Edward in Jacob in my opinion.
he's sooo amazing with everything, how he said she could be with Jared (gag) if she wanted, as long as she stayed.
ILY HIM!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by 2awesome4u on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why should we date?
Because we are attracted to each other.
I'm attracted to pie, yet I do not feel the need to date pie.
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

bethrose wrote:i have a question, does anybody have a physical description of Ian? i was having a hard time picturing him in my brain. all i could come up with was edward.
Stephenie described him as having dark hair, fair skin and bright blue eyes. I can't remember the page number but I think it was around where Jeb found Wanda in the desert.

I love Ian!!! I want my own Ian he's so sweet!!!Every time he was with Wanda, I just about melted!!! I loved the part when Kyle said something like "Who's got the crush on the worm?" I squealed and screamed "Ian does!!!" this event happened last year during study hall with approx. 250 other kids in the cafeteria staring at me... I couldn't help it Ian is just so great....
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Krys [Team Werewolf]
Settled in Forks

Post by Krys [Team Werewolf] »

After Ian started being friend with Wanda I was like...GASP! Perfect pairing.

Just because Ian is so damn...awesome.
People are saying he's perfect but I think he's the opposite.
He's very flawed, but he's so imperfect it makes him beautiful.<333
Wow, that sounded REALLY fan girlish didn't it?

Well, I still haven't gotten over my "I just finished the Host, I LOVE YOU IAN!" phase. xD
But honestly, Ian is awesome and he's a great guy....
*whines*
I want an Ian toooo.
jaspercookie

Post by jaspercookie »

I love Ian, but I had trouble picturing the description Stephenie gave, so I made up my own. I like it ;) .
He's the best character EVER!!! I loved how he was so thoughtful and gentle but still strong. He seemed more realistic that Edward, which was always a problem I had with the Twilight series. But Ian has flaws, and that's great.
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

Now I can't figure out if I want to find my Edward or to find my Ian :lol: :lol: .
I'll Take The Aston
Settled in Forks

Post by I'll Take The Aston »

Even after reading Twilight and The Host, my expectations for men are still the same. Excuse me, boys since I'm only 14. :roll: Anyway, I loved Ian. He had ten times for personality than Edward and he didn't seem so...unrealistic. Okay, yeah, Edward's a vampire, he is unreal. But Ian isn't impossibly gorgeous, invincible and controlling. He cared for Wanda and protected her when necessary. He didn't, however, take apart the engine of her truck (I know she didn't have a truck. This is hypothetically speaking.) to prevent her from seeing Jared or someone else who he deemed dangerous. At the end of the book, he realized he had to let her go because she had Melanie's body and Melanie loved Jared. But, as always, there is a happy ending (with only someone we don't care about dying "tragically") and he finds her a body. Not only that, but he made sure to put her in a body where the human soul didn't come back, which was extremely considerate. Therefore, I love Ian more than I..."adored" Edward. In fact, he and Jacob are number one on my list.
I put the fresh in FRESHMAN!
teeroxmuhsox
Wandering Through Town

Post by teeroxmuhsox »

I love Ian! He's as perfect as a human can be! I know Ian is around the same age as Jared but what is it?
ilovespaceheaters
Wandering Through Town

Post by ilovespaceheaters »

I absolutely love Ian. I love how he realised how cruel he was being and then he fell head over heels in love with Wanda.

He is definitely onne of my favourite characters but he doesn't quite beat Jacob and Edward. Maybe if Stephenie continues The Host universe then that will change.

"Go fetch a space heater."

[22.8.08] Best day of my life.

ManSpice
Bianca
Settled in Forks

Post by Bianca »

teeroxmuhsox wrote:I love Ian! He's as perfect as a human can be! I know Ian is around the same age as Jared but what is it?

When Melanie and Jared meet, he is 26 and she is 17.
I think, that Wanda mentions that Melanie's body is 21 at the end of the story. (Am i right?)
So he must be 30 ??