Host Question of the week 8-27

Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cocoa

Host Question of the week 8-27

Post by Cocoa »

This is the Host discussion question of the week. If you have an idea for a topic PM me.

Discussion Question:

Wanda's love for Jared didn't go away after she was placed in her new body. How will this impact her relationship with Ian? Will Wanda ever fully be able to love Ian when she is still so very much in love with Jared?
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Host Question of the week 8-27

Post by una »

Great question Cocoa!

To me this is like first love. Wanda first felt love for Ian, true it wasn't exactly her love but the remembrance of the host body's love for Jared. First loves are hard to get over, the emotions so strong, fresh and new. But then she falls in love with Ian. I know that I will always love my first love (even though he broke my heart). Would I ever want to be with him again? No. I love him, yes, but he is not where I belong. Soon I feel that Ian's love will overshadow what she felt with Jared. Wanda knows and feels she belongs with Ian and that is where her path lies. She may always love Jared but she will bond with Ian.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
RealJinx
Settled in Forks

Post by RealJinx »

i think wanda will get over jared within a year or so :)
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

RealJinx wrote:i think wanda will get over jared within a year or so :)

Agreed, in my opinion her emotions for Jared were a result of Melanie. They did share a mind and the same emotions, so it's no wonder as to why she'd be in love with Jared- especially since Mel's love for him was so strong. It's not wonder why a love like that for someone would rub off on you. I think as Wanderer continues to explore her own thoughts and feelings, and not that of another person, she'll be able to see the truth; how much she loves Ian
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
ilovespaceheaters
Wandering Through Town

Post by ilovespaceheaters »

I don't think she's still very much in love with Jared. It's kind of just like a lingering. I think it's like how a soul gets placed into a new host and the soul remembers the memories of the host. I think Wanda still feels some of those feelings but they are just lingering. Majority of those feelings towards Jared were because of Melanie. And now that Melanie is gone I think she'll be able to fully love Ian and forget Jared.

"Go fetch a space heater."

[22.8.08] Best day of my life.

ManSpice
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

ilovespaceheaters wrote:I don't think she's still very much in love with Jared. It's kind of just like a lingering. I think it's like how a soul gets placed into a new host and the soul remembers the memories of the host. I think Wanda still feels some of those feelings but they are just lingering. Majority of those feelings towards Jared were because of Melanie. And now that Melanie is gone I think she'll be able to fully love Ian and forget Jared.
agreed! I think she is ian's now, not jared's
ColormeBSG
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

I don't think all the love really came with her in her new body because partially it was Melanie's love for Jared not Wanda's. With time she might get over Jared. Notice at the end of the book she was checking if Ian was also confused with Melanie and she thought that Ian had trouble handling his love for Melanie which never existed. At that point I beleive is when Wanda kind of fully got over Jared because she realized he could never be hers when he's still in love with Melanie.
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
kkswmmr114
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kkswmmr114 »

I think Wanda's initial attraction to Jared was because of Melanie. Then I think she started loving him like she loved Doc and Jeb and everyone else in the colony, more like a family- but not the love that we all know Mel had for Jared. Wanda is Ian's now though. I agree with mlola who said that once she explored herself and finds out what she personally wants, then she will able to truly love Ian and only consider Jared like she would a brother.

Proud Randomnesser since Numero 3!! :)
E<3B
Private Jezebell Blacke of Jasper's Confederate Army
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

Ya, i think wanda will get mostly over ared. at the end there her and ian were just so close i cant see her not getting over it. she will always love jared but the way bella loves edward (kawinkey dink i think not ;) )

LOVE CAM<3
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

Here is the thing.
I don't believe that your love for someone ever truly goes away. Think about it. But i do believe that Wanda, after being in her new body, will be able to love Jared the right way. A love that she has for Mel and for Jamie and for all her friends. A love of FAMILY. Because now Jared is her family. So i believe that, although it will take time, that Wanda will be able to love Jared the right way the family way and then she will be able to love Ian in a more personal and emotional and parter way.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward