Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Location, Location, Location

Post by Pel »

A place to discuss the filming sites.
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Re: Location, Location, Location

Post by vegasn8ive »

We did the signing at Benaroya Hall so we had the weekend to tool around the State. It went pretty fast but We went all over Forks, La Push and down to Cannon Beach, Oregon. It was so beautiful! I could live there so easily. :lol: I would like to go back and do a more thorough tour and visit more of the sites that were used in the filming. Right now I'm just happy I have a pic of me in front of the Forks welcome sign. :D
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

Something that I absolutely loved was the beach that they used for First Beach. I went to First Beach when I was up in Washington and I was blown away by the resemblance between the two beaches. The crew definitely did a good job at choosing that location.
niko
Settled in Forks

Post by niko »

My friend and I are planning on visiting the coast towards the end of the year and a few times next year.

We live near Seattle so its considered a trip to go like four hours away.

We hope they'll keep the same locations for New Moon and Eclipse.

I love the scenic areas they use, for scenes such as the beach, the opening and whatever else there was.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

If they do future films, I think I may make a special trip to one of the filming locations...and I live on the east coast. So for me it will be a nice little getaway.
Alice_Cullen5
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice_Cullen5 »

ugh, i wish i did more research on filming locations. i was in portland the exact date they were filming...........UGH. are they done reshooting yet? if not...anyone have any ideas on where the filming locations going to be?
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

I was pretty psyched that they decided to do filming in Washington and Oregon because I have been to a lot of the places they shot at beforehand :D .

I had a couple of major fangirl moments when I was like "OH MY GOD, I WALKED IN THE SAME SPOT AS ROBERT PATTINSON!!!" It was hillarious :lol:

I had never really noticed the resemblance between First Beach and Cannon Beach, so I was a little "ehh" on it at first but now I am all for Cannon.
Last edited by srabrgr on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

srabrgr wrote:
I had a couple of major fangirl moments when I was like "OH MY GOD, I WALKED IN THE SAME SPOT AS ROBERT PATTINSON!!!" It was hillarious :lol:
That's so funny!

I'm so jealous of everyone who got to go onto the set to watch the filming! I wanted to go sooooo badly, but I live 5 hours away! Honestly, I wouldn't have minded taking a 5 hour car drive just to go visit the set for a few minutes, but my older sister thought I was insane :P!
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

srabrgr wrote:

bahaha i would've done the same thing TRUST ME!! cept it would've been more like walking along those places- realizing where i was then getting this expression---> :shock:
and passing out on the floor XD
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Alice_Cullen5
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice_Cullen5 »

srabrgr wrote:I was pretty psyched that they decided to do filming in Washington and Oregon because I have been to a lot of the places they shot at and I just found that kinda cool :D .

I had never really noticed the resemblance between First Beach and Cannon Beach, so I was a little "ehh" on it at first but now I am all for Cannon.

wow, that was really eye dazzling...i mean, the text was bright.

so how the heck did you know where the locations were and the exact timing????