Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by soozabooza54 »

There was an article that came out today with a bunch of experts chiming in on how much money they thought the movie would make in it's opening weekend. I think most of them predicted somewhere between 30mil and 50mil. So that's a good start, right? But I would totally love for it to make way more than that!!! So I will go all I can! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

im just planning on closing my eyes when Edward pretends to be all supermanish for Bella aka the flying part (what a show off)... then i'll be fine!

WOOT WOOT

(btw just kidding, dont come after me with a hammer and nail, please!)
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

soozabooza54 wrote:I'm going to a midnight showing and then we're going to go again on Sunday. WOOOOP! And then probably two more times the next weekend... dude... the more I see it, the more likely New Moon and the rest will be made. :)
You are so lucky! I'm shocked that my local theatre doesn't have a midnight showing because they always have midnight showings for big "blockbusters" like Twilight. Plus, it's a large theatre, so it isn't like they don't have the room! I'm going to have to find a petition to make them do a midnight showing!

I'm sure they will do a film on New Moon, but nothing is set-in-stone. I don't think a movie on New Moon will be "guaranteed" even if Twilight makes record sales. Things in Hollywood fall apart all the time. We'll just have to hope, pray, and cross-our-fingers.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I will let you know how I like the companion, I think I'll like it lots. I want to go to the midnight showing so bad but I know I'll have work the next day and the fact that I'm still recovering from my surgery doesn't help much, basically by the time it's midnight I'm tired like now for example, and with me going back to work that's likely going to be worse. sniffles.
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

HM anyone having a

DEJA VU moment?
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Slayer, the best way to get your theater to hold a midnight showing is the get people from the town you live to go and ask them to have one. Petitions don't do a whole lot - the theater wants to know they will sell tickets before they pay all the money to hire people to be there, run the show, the extra electric, etc. So find people in your own community to go and ask them about it or call.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

ellalou73 wrote:I will let you know how I like the companion, I think I'll like it lots. I want to go to the midnight showing so bad but I know I'll have work the next day and the fact that I'm still recovering from my surgery doesn't help much, basically by the time it's midnight I'm tired like now for example, and with me going back to work that's likely going to be worse. sniffles.
Oh, definitely don't go to the midnight showing then. I work hours of my leisure, so I can go to the midnight showing (if they decide to have one) without fear of not being productive during the work day. If you've just had surgery, don't push yourself. If you don't stress yourself out you will heal more quickly. Believe me... I have had 16 major surgeries in my life (11 of which were spinal and neuromuscular surgeries), so definitely know to take it easy. The movie can wait. I hope you recover quickly. We'll try to not spoil the movie for you! I look forward to hearing whether or not you like the movie companion guide!
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

soozabooza54 wrote:Slayer, the best way to get your theater to hold a midnight showing is the get people from the town you live to go and ask them to have one. Petitions don't do a whole lot - the theater wants to know they will sell tickets before they pay all the money to hire people to be there, run the show, the extra electric, etc. So find people in your own community to go and ask them about it or call.
Good idea! I'll definitely do that! It was so hilarious... I went to Target yesterday and started-up a conversation about Twilight with a girl who was working in the cafe there. She talked about getting a large group together to go see the movie. I was going to go with them, but at that point we thought there would be a midnight showing of the film. I'll have to get a hold of her to see if we can organize something to get the theatre to do a midnight showing. Maybe we'll just go to another theatre if we have to.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

soozabooza54 wrote:Slayer, the best way to get your theater to hold a midnight showing is the get people from the town you live to go and ask them to have one. Petitions don't do a whole lot - the theater wants to know they will sell tickets before they pay all the money to hire people to be there, run the show, the extra electric, etc. So find people in your own community to go and ask them about it or call.
WAIT... YIPPIE!!! :D

There is a midnight showing at another theatre in my neighborhood. It's odd because that theatre is much smaller and rarely has midnight showings! Hmmm... maybe I'll buy midnight showing tickets for that movie and see if I can exchange them for the other theatre if the other theatre decides to do a midnight showing. Or, I can just keep the ticket for the theatre that has midnight showings currently and see if the group wants to change locations. I'll have to see if I can find that girl on Monday and ask her what her group plans to do. Still, I'm glad one place is at least doing it!!
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

Okay, here's something I'm a teeny bit worried about. Just because I'm an over obsessed Twilighter. In an interview, Peter Facinelli (is that how you spell his name?) said that they wore gold contacts after they hunted. Their characters, obviously. That's correct. But he said that when they got thirsty, they put in RED contacts!! That's wrong!!! Here's the link to the interview:
http://www.premiere.com/features/4790/e ... light.html
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight