Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

The smell is what threw me off, even if she was across the room, her scent would linger wherever she had walked. Edward would smell it, recognize it immediately, and rush Bella back home.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Edward would never say "sex... money... sex... cat"
Not only would he have not said 'sex'(he would've said making love or something)..
..but he wouldn't of told Bella that they were thinking that.

Edward is just to much of a gentleman to say things like that...

...and the first time he did say sex was in Breaking Dawn.

The Victoria thing REALLY annoyed me. As soon as I saw her there.. I was screaming in my head that Edward should be able to smell her/read her mind... I mean, COMMON.

And Bellas heart monitor thing at the hospital didn't go faster when she was psyching out about Edward telling her she should leave...

And Bella never blushhhedd :oops:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

Jadey wrote:Edward would never say "sex... money... sex... cat"
Not only would he have not said 'sex'(he would've said making love or something)..
..but he wouldn't of told Bella that they were thinking that.
im one of the few people who completly disagrees with that. i see where youre coming from but i LOVED that line.
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I disagree, too. Not because I am crazy about the line - I mean it's cute...but I'm not in love with it. I just don't think there's anything at all dirty or ungentlemanly about it. The word "sex" is not dirty. Especially when he was just telling her what people were thinking. And I don't think those grungies at the restaurant were thinking about "making love"...so I don't see Edward saying that either. There's nothing wrong with Edward saying that word. He swears sometimes, too - which is NOT gentlemanly, but he does it anyway.

Image Image
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I agree with Jadey on this one.

Okay, the ONLY funny part about the line was the "cat" part. He could've said anything else and the "cat" would've made it funny. It could've been, "mortgage, money, work, money...cat" and people still would've found it hilarious.

Even if they weren't thinking of "making love" Edward wouldn't have said sex, because when he was raised you just didn't talk about it unless you were dirty like that. So to him, in normal, everyday conversation (especially with the girl that he was pursuing) it would be horribly embarrassing and dirty to him. That being said, once in twilight Bella alluded to a closer relationship to Edward but he said, "that's not possible" and it was the end of the conversation (pretty much). The next time he mentions it (again, not even saying "sex") is in Eclipse when Bella pressures him. This is when he pretty much HAS to come out and say it, and he and Bella have been together for a long time, so it's not quite as awkward as it would have been in Twilight.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

debussygirl wrote:I agree with Jadey on this one.

Okay, the ONLY funny part about the line was the "cat" part. He could've said anything else and the "cat" would've made it funny. It could've been, "mortgage, money, work, money...cat" and people still would've found it hilarious.

Even if they weren't thinking of "making love" Edward wouldn't have said sex, because when he was raised you just didn't talk about it unless you were dirty like that. So to him, in normal, everyday conversation (especially with the girl that he was pursuing) it would be horribly embarrassing and dirty to him. That being said, once in twilight Bella alluded to a closer relationship to Edward but he said, "that's not possible" and it was the end of the conversation (pretty much). The next time he mentions it (again, not even saying "sex") is in Eclipse when Bella pressures him. This is when he pretty much HAS to come out and say it, and he and Bella have been together for a long time, so it's not quite as awkward as it would have been in Twilight.
Yeh, I agree.. Like, I know its not a 'dirty' word, but Edward would never say it, and so freely like that. And the only 'swear' Edward has said is "damn it" or something, and thats not even bad.

It's just things like that that really annoy me. Like, GAH! Its like having Bella say "yo dizzle" or something.. its just.. not right!
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I don't think there was anything wrong about Edward saying "sex" in the movie. Modern times, freer tongues.

But, I did expect him to word it differently. When he grew up, people weren't that direct about the subject.

As far as swearing, we know he swears from the books. The movie doesn't really show that, though.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

But Edward isn't a modern tongue.
And, when he has sweared (which was really only "damn" except for ONCE...the van incident) it's been when he is highly upset and emotional. At the dinner, he should have still been angry, but he was also very self-conscious and would have been even more careful around Bella than he usually would have.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

True- but it's also part of the disguise, talking the way people talk in the present.

But as I said, he should have worded it differently. He doesn't speak the way people speak now, which is one thing that tipped Bella off about him.

As far as the swearing, what I meant was that the movie didn't show that side of him very well. Even the pefect gentleman has limits.
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

and and AND.... he would never say 'Google' either :cry:
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart