Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight movie~ Who played it best?

Post by scarlet_forever »

I'm not just saying this b/c rob is cute. He really did do a great job as Edward. Looks wise he absolutely nailed it. His expressions and the way he carried himself were right on as well. It's hard not to read twilight and get rob as your vision of Edward. I also think ashley greene did a good job as alice. She carried her voice and movements well for her. Hair was right on. And the girl that played rosalie did well too. She portrayed her snobiness good. :D
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

littlelamb wrote:
shortstuff wrote:
littlelamb wrote:
I think the problem is that the humor is in the lines but not so much in the way that Kristen delivered them. She doesn't really have much emotion or expression in her tone or face for that matter. I know that Bella is supposed to be sarcastic and all but Kristen didn't really nail that. Sometimes her performance felt very monotone and flat to me. Looks wise, Kristen is very much Bella but I'm really hoping she can channel some better acting skills for New Moon because there is a lot of emotion I am expecting to see. I am not saying she did a horrible job but I think she could do better and needs to try.
i second that.. i didnt hate her, but i thought she could have done a better job, and not have been so monotone and flat all the time (but she kind of talks like that in real life, so maybe that's not really changeable..) im hoping with better direction, she will do a good job in NM.
Yes, you are right. She is like that in her normal day to day life. Which is another reason why I think her acting could be better. There is no definition between herself and Bella. When you act, you need to BECOME the character, not just spew forth lines that the person is supposed to say. Perhaps her flat monotone unemotional voice is a result from being super relaxed from her "recreational" activities involving the herbage! :lol:
exactly.. i feel like kristen didnt play bella, she played kristen. so there is room for improvement and im hoping CW will help with that.. no comment on the herbage! :lol:
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

scarlet_forever wrote:I'm not just saying this b/c rob is cute. He really did do a great job as Edward. Looks wise he absolutely nailed it. His expressions and the way he carried himself were right on as well. It's hard not to read twilight and get rob as your vision of Edward. I also think ashley greene did a good job as alice. She carried her voice and movements well for her. Hair was right on. And the girl that played rosalie did well too. She portrayed her snobiness good. :D
the thing with rob is.. i only liked him some of the time. i liked the way he played edward's sense of humour, and the way he had this kind of dark laugh, and when he was more lighthearted.. there were certain little scenes and lines that stood out to me, andi really liked the way he delivered them.
- "why dont you put on YOUR seatbelt!" (laughs incredulously, when bella tries to calm him down in the car)
- "yes, no, to get to the other side, 1.74..." (in response to bella wanting answers)
- when he jumps on bella's truck and says "i'm gunna take you to my house"
- "not the moats.. " (repeating bella's joke about his house)

i didnt really like the way he played some of the more intense scenes, like the first meeting in biology, and the whole meadow scene was akward (but i dont blame him for that) it seemed a little overdone sometimes, and it often just came across a bit creepy, like the way he said he liked watching her sleep.. but overall, i think he did a better job than kristen.

alice was amazing, and i was so shocked when i saw ashley green in real life because she is SO different from alice.. it shows that she did a good job.

same with nikki reed.. i was kind of prepared to hate her because she looked NOTHING like rosalie should, but her acting was spot on, so that made up for it...
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

littlelamb wrote:
shortstuff wrote:
littlelamb wrote:
I think the problem is that the humor is in the lines but not so much in the way that Kristen delivered them. She doesn't really have much emotion or expression in her tone or face for that matter. I know that Bella is supposed to be sarcastic and all but Kristen didn't really nail that. Sometimes her performance felt very monotone and flat to me. Looks wise, Kristen is very much Bella but I'm really hoping she can channel some better acting skills for New Moon because there is a lot of emotion I am expecting to see. I am not saying she did a horrible job but I think she could do better and needs to try.
i second that.. i didnt hate her, but i thought she could have done a better job, and not have been so monotone and flat all the time (but she kind of talks like that in real life, so maybe that's not really changeable..) im hoping with better direction, she will do a good job in NM.
Yes, you are right. She is like that in her normal day to day life. Which is another reason why I think her acting could be better. There is no definition between herself and Bella. When you act, you need to BECOME the character, not just spew forth lines that the person is supposed to say. Perhaps her flat monotone unemotional voice is a result from being super relaxed from her "recreational" activities involving the herbage! :lol:
I'm usually out here defending Kristen as Bella, but to have pictures of yourself all over the media smoking pot and wearing a bikini top with marijuana leaf designs positioned, er, shall we say strategically :D , is just wrong. I mean, this young woman is playing an iconic role for millions of teen age girls for crying out loud, you'd think Kristen would have a little more sense.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

twilightnewbie wrote:
littlelamb wrote:
shortstuff wrote:
littlelamb wrote:
I'm usually out here defending Kristen as Bella, but to have pictures of yourself all over the media smoking pot and wearing a bikini top with marijuana leaf designs positioned, er, shall we say strategically :D , is just wrong. I mean, this young woman is playing an iconic role for millions of teen age girls for crying out loud, you'd think Kristen would have a little more sense.
Maybe Kristen and Michael Phelps can get together! lol
Banner by TammyAZ
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

Jackson Rathbone was perfect as Jasper.
Peter Facinelli... there are no words.
Taylor Lautner was really good. My fav part was still the glare at the end that he gave Edward at the prom. :lol:

Everyone really had their great moments though. Even if he only have one good line lol I loved Solomon Trimble. I even liked Krys and he had no lines. He just looks the part for me. I want to see how he does with lines.
Twilighter88
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilighter88 »

I think Edward and Alice were perfect! Robet Pattinson mastered all the looks and Ashley Greene was such a good choice for Alice. I think both actors portrayed their characters perfectly - I loved them!

As much as I love Kirsten Stewert as Bella, I have to say that she didn't really master Bella's sarcastic side. She's always so serious. Although I thought that was good for the movie because it was more intense, it could have been a little bit more lighthearted at times. I also think the part where she's leaving and she's supposed to be yelling at Charlie - she was saying it all in an almost bored tone ... still loved her though, just thought she could improve on that.

Edward&&Bella,forever.<3
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Peter 100% He's completely how I pictured Carlisle and got every single bit of him in there!
Ashley is a close second as Alice though.
Everyone else I liked also, but those two shined in their roles.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Ohs0sexyBella<3

Post by Ohs0sexyBella<3 »

I agree that Edward and Alice were cast perfectly.

I imagined Rosalie a little different though...

Its kinda funny because when i started reading twilight, youtube had already posted who would be playing who so i already knew kristen would be bella but i enevr pictured her looking like that at all during the plot of all 4 books. She just didnt convince me. As for Rob, he was my Edwars 100%. I just don't particularly love Kristen's mono-tone attitude... :?
Randomness Reggi..:)Banner made my the awesome shel:]
jesscaa
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by jesscaa »

Carlisle was definately right on, as well as Alice :D
Jasper's Confederate Army-Delilah Devon. Recovering patient at Carlisle's Medical Center. Sarah is my Twi-twin!