Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by scarlet_forever »

Yes, it just wouldn't be right to not do Eclipse after new moon. I really hope new moon goes well since they have a bigger budget. Eclipse is my favorite. It really kept me on the edge of my seat. There was alot of action. Plus those hot scenes w/ Edward..lol. I'd be curious as to how they would keep Breaking Dawn good for all audiences. lol. :o
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
Vanquish
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

scarlet_forever wrote: I'd be curious as to how they would keep Breaking Dawn good for all audiences. lol. :o
Yeah me too. They'll have to do a lot of cutting here and there and let the audiences imaginations take over...because they have to keep it PG or whatever the rating was for T. I can't remember.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^PG-13. I don't think BD would be impossible to do because of those scenes. There can be scenes where a lot is left to the imagination, much like the book is.
Anyways, back to Eclipse, since they are filming back to back shouldn't we start hearing more about it now or are they going to keep the focus on NM?
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

They're probably just gonna keep everything about NM right now....and wait until it's released to start talk on Eclipse. Its probs just a way to keep control of us fans so we don't ask too many questions and go crazy about locations, script and cast etc. Although I bet MR would've started work on the Eclipse script already since they're doing back-to-back...and this would be the only real time she has on her hands. I wonder who Riley will be...

TEAM EDWARD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

well if MR hasn't started, I really hope they get someone new to do the screenplay. That's just my opinion though.
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Vanquish wrote:
shortstuff wrote:
Alice Lover wrote:

Oh Yes! We all need an Eclipse movie right after New Moon. I can already imagine how thrilling and action-packed it will be. Who else is excited already? lol.

but just because they'll be filmed back to back doesnt mean they will be released back to back... in fact, im pretty sure they wont be...
Yeah you're right about that part. NM will be released this Nov. And E Nov 2010. The main reason they're probs doing a back to back is so the characters don't start to look older. And it will also free them up to do other movies.
yeah exactly.. that kinds sucks tho, knowing the film is already made, and not being able to see it for like a year... :roll:
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

shortstuff wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
shortstuff wrote:
Alice Lover wrote:

Oh Yes! We all need an Eclipse movie right after New Moon. I can already imagine how thrilling and action-packed it will be. Who else is excited already? lol.

but just because they'll be filmed back to back doesnt mean they will be released back to back... in fact, im pretty sure they wont be...
Yeah you're right about that part. NM will be released this Nov. And E Nov 2010. The main reason they're probs doing a back to back is so the characters don't start to look older. And it will also free them up to do other movies.
yeah exactly.. that kinds sucks tho, knowing the film is already made, and not being able to see it for like a year... :roll:
I know! Didn't this happened with the Harry Potter movie??
It will be horrible to know that the movie is ready but don't be able to see it...hopefully the movie will be great and worth the waiting :)
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

JenJen2112 wrote:well if MR hasn't started, I really hope they get someone new to do the screenplay. That's just my opinion though.
Well hope is all we can do because according to this site:

http://login.vnuemedia.com/hr/login/log ... rUTmAIc%3D

it says that:
The company has acquired rights to the next three novels in Stephenie Meyer's blockbuster vampire series and has hired "Twilight" scribe Melissa Rosenberg to pen scripts based on "New Moon" and "Eclipse," the second and third books, respectively.

So looks like we're stuck with her. But hopefully she can do a better job this time around...and for Breaking Dawn who knows. Summit haven't confirmed that it will be turned into a film, but they do have the rights.

TEAM EDWARD
Rosmelie
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rosmelie »

I feel with New Moon there has to be Eclipse at the very least. Breaking Dawn would be great as well. However, I don't know about CGI effects for any of the movies. I'm hoping by Eclipse, the cast will have more say on what stays vs. what goes (or rather what's okay to let go) for scripting. I know for New Moon, after getting to speak with Ashley Greene, that the line asking Bella how opposed she is to grand theft auto, it will be in the movie but original script-wish, it wasn't. Now it definitely does. So I really think that the cast and the directors are going to have a lot of affect on how it runs.
Rosalie Hale's #1 Fan. Don't doubt it.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I absolutely LOVE Eclipse. So I'm very excited to see it on the Big Screen. It'll just be interesting to see how they are able to cut the 600 page book into a 2 hour movie, there's so much that happens! What will they change? What will they cut? I'm afraid some of my favorite parts in the book might be cut/shortened ( like what happened in Twilight. Where was all the fun conversations in school & the cafeteria? and all of Jasper's best lines.) But definitely if they do Eclipse they had better do BD. I would LOVE to see the wedding, reception, Bella turned into a vampire (finally!)and the happily ever after ending.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson