Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by *Bloodlust* »

I liked it, though I didn't have the best reaction to the movie. But I also didn't have the worst :D . My initial expectation for the movie had been pretty low, and I think if I'd gone and watched it feeling that way, I would have more than loved the movie, but since my expectations increased over time, I was disappointed. Slightly paradoxically, I was pleasantly surprised with the final product as well.

I'd always been worried about Kristen Stewart and how she'd portray Bella, but she did just fine. Impressive even. She could have smiled more and had more inflection, but overall, I think she did a good job. Rob..."smoldering" is impossible for a human. I've come to that conclusion. Also, Edward-like rigidity is extremely difficult to play, and I don't quite think Rob has that down. Honestly, I don't think he's quite embodied quite a few of Edward's traits.

I did like the movie. I LOVED the humor that was supposed to be in there. Of course I was dying at the Bella tripping scenes. Mike was sooooo funny!! "You're alive!!" There was a lot of funny dialogue. The Blacks were funny. Billy wasn't what I was expecting, but I liked him. My favorite line to date:
"Sex. Money. Sex. Money. Money. Cat?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Cullens were HILARIOUS in ways I wasn't expecting. Emmett was so classically Emmett without even having to talk much. I thought Alice was stunningly beautiful and VERY sweet. Carlisle, who I felt looked the most vampiric(him and Alice), out of everyone, did a wonderful job and looked great ;). Esme, as usual, was hardly present, but she looked quite nice as well. Rosalie...could have been meaner, but I liked her. Another great line: "How do you know she's Italian?" "Her name's Bella, duh!" :lol:
spookybell wrote:--Jasper's faces make me want to pee my pants.
Jasper's face bothered me. I know Jessica saying "He's the one that looks like he's in pain." was supposed to explain his expressions and stiffness, but I didn't like it at all! It felt so...ridiculous and like a parody of Jasper. But I do like that the one time Jasper talks, he has the southern accent that we love! Baseball was AMAZING. Surprisingly so. I loved the way the whole scene looked and Alice looked so graceful and beautiful pitching the ball. And the actors running! That was soooooo cool. Lastly, the fight scene. I thought that turned to be extremely awesome, especially since I'd been expecting it to look not-so-good. Very pleased with the final product. Kristen's screams when the venom was burning her were very convincing. I felt the pain with her.

Two complaints: Do something about the vampire eyes! They look unnatural, and not in the right way. Secondly, PLEASE find a way to eliminate Rob's 5 o'clock shadow! Pasty white make-up and stubble do NOT look good together.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by butterfly420km »

*Bloodlust* wrote:Jasper's face bothered me. I know Jessica saying "He's the one that looks like he's in pain." was supposed to explain his expressions and stiffness, but I didn't like it at all! It felt so...ridiculous and like a parody of Jasper.
Omg, did anyone think that Jasper looked like Edward Scissorhands? I could swear that is who he modeled his character after, lol. He had that freaky look on his face. I asked my fiance if he thought so, and he didn't but then I spoke with my best friend earlier who also saw it last night, and she said the same thing before I even told her I thought so!

He could've toned it down a little more, I did think it was a little over the top. Still loved the movie though...
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D
caro1998
Settled in Forks

Post by caro1998 »

<<vamp baseball was fantastic... jasper looked super sexy swinging that bat around and i think it was super cute when rob and kellan fell and laughed when they slammed into eachother while trying to catch the ball...>>

Hello,
This is my first post. I had to comment on this 1 little thing. The baseball scene- was fantabulous! BUT did anyone notice how Rob gave Kellan the finger after they fell to the ground?? (he was smiling while he did it). I wasn't sure while watching the movie, but I saw it again on u-tube today and now I am almost positive. I was hoping someone else saw this because I am starting to think I am crazy because no one else has mentioned it!

I am going to see the movie again tomorrow and will have more thoughts then :D
caro1998
Settled in Forks

Post by caro1998 »

<<omg did anyone think that Jasper looked like Edward Scissorhands? >>

LOL LOL. Yes!!! That is too funny. I said the SAME exact thing to my frind while watching the movie and so missed most of his scenes because I was too busy giggling.
AnaBanana
Wandering Through Town
Location: Stuck in a deadbeat town in the middle of nowhere...

Post by AnaBanana »

Well, I went to a midnight premiere of the movie and loved it. I couldn't believe how close it was too the book, and I loved the way it seemed like the scenes were pulled out of my head. Especially the baseball scene :D . I loved how Rob and Kellen hit into each other when the went for the ball. I also loved how funny it was. I thought the film would be more serious than it was. It was nice to have thing like the line that went something like "Money, sex, money, money, cat." I'll admit, I went in with few expectations - seeing how disappointed I was with Blood and Chocolate. But I didn't even need to worry about it...the movie did not leave me disappointed. Honestly, though, I thought the kiss was a bit too intense. I know Bella was supposed to overreact, but I think it went a little too far. It just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the movie, with how careful Edward was around Bella. Overall, I was pretty happy with the film. I'm going again Wednesday. :)
These volent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume.

~Romeo & Juliet
azziemoved2forks
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by azziemoved2forks »

^^I agree with the stubble there was waaaayyy too much of it (cgi, please?)
I really did enjoy it, I'll probably enjoy it more when I see it again, but all and all it lived up to my expectations, and really all the hype leading up to it.

My only problem is Kristen, I didn't feel that so called "amazing" chemistry from her, Rob is amazing, you can tell he probably has a real big crush on her, but she didn't return it. She just looked pained the whole time, and always sounded breathless. It seems the only emothion she can do is angst, and thats pretty much it, and I don't think she smiled...at all.

I love when Edward and Jacob stare each other down, that maybe was my favorite part so far. You can see the animosity clearly, and that also set up for the next movie very nicley. also the line "I leave you alone for a minute and the wolves descend" or something like that made me laugh really hard

I embarrassed myself when Stephanie Meyer did her cameo (ala Alfred Hitchcock) because I screamed "its her!!!" :oops: :oops: :oops: it surprised me and I have no brain filtering system.

Did anyone cry during it? I didn't but a girl behind was blubbering so loud I missed the dialouge in the last scene, sheesh, I'm mean it was a good movie, but not in my case tearworthy good. well maybe the next movie I'll cry, especially since Rob won't be in most of it, oh jeez I'm already crying from that thought :cry:
mananda

Post by mananda »

I saw the movie for the first time yesterday. I went to the 10:30am show hoping there wouldn't be a lot of people there. There were maybe 20 in the theater. I did this to miss the crowd and the squealers. (although the lady behind me at one point said, "ooh girl, you best get away. he gonna eat you!")

I don't know if it's just me, but going in I felt like I had already seen the darn thing because there were so many different previews out there. Plus, I probably just couldn't believe the movie was FINALLY out.

I still don't know what I think about it... I wasn't like, "omg that was so amazing." but I didn't hate it.

There was more 'human' dialogue than I thought there would be. The Cullens barely had any lines and that made me sad.

Jasper was just weird and looked constipated the whole time.

Alice looked the part but I wasn't impressed with the acting.

Emmett was great. Funny and believable.

Rosalie was a pleasant surprise. Nikki Reed did a great job. (Anyone else love her shoes when she broke the bowl?)

Edward was great. I loved his entrance to the cafeteria and how he smiled when they talked about him. but anyone who hasn't read the books wouldn't know he could read minds until way later.

Bella Bella Bella... I was kind of disappointed. It was like I could tell she was trying hard to act the whole time. Didn't seem natural. I think Nikki did better than Kristen...

That's my two cents. I will definitely be seeing it again though...
msbrit90
Settled in Forks

Post by msbrit90 »

I LOVED it lol
i saw the premier at midnight then later that night too and it was soooo amazing both time

I think they did such a good job about not changin it totally from the book, i mean yeah there were different scenes and stuff but everything that happened in the book still got carried over to the movie

when i go see harry potter im like, well where was this and this and this, but in Twilight i felt like i didnt miss that much, only things that stick out that i missed was the biology blood scene and the airport when she escapes, but it was still so amazing, im ready to see it again.
Devon061381
Settled in Forks

Post by Devon061381 »

I loved the movie when I saw it at the midnight release, but it was a shocked kind of love. I was critiquing it and going over in my mind everything that was changed and left out, but I still loved it. All day Friday and Friday evening I couldn't get certain scenes out of my head and kept hearing the music with it (the soundtrack is phenomenal). Today I went back to see it a second time with hubby, who went with me to the midnight release (he just finished Breaking Dawn last week). I must say, everyone definitely needs to see it a second time, at least. I am blown away by how much better it is on second viewing! The dust has settled and there was no screaming this time (we went to a 3:45 pm showing, and there weren't that many people there, which was good). I got to sit back, watch the movie and enjoy it so much more. I noticed more things that I missed the first time in my excitement. I love the "indie flick" feel to it! I think they did an awesome job on this movie, with the budget and 2 hour movie-time constraints. Do I think it could better? Of course - book to movie adaptations are never perfect...but having said that, this was awesome. Nothing is ever better than the book. Stephenie had pages and pages to dole out inner dialogue and not rush the feelings of Edward and Bella...in the movie, you have to speed it up to get everything in that you want/need, so of course it's going to seem a little rushed. But when I went in today I purposely pulled a "tabula rasa" so I could fully absorb everything and enjoy it with no strings attached. I was just amazed coming out of the theater at how good it was. I'm seeing it again on Tuesday night with my cousin who is just now reading New Moon.

Many, many kudos to the cast, crew, Melissa, and Catherine for bringing this to life for all of us! I'm so excited for New Moon!

Officially the sexiest neck kiss ever. Ever.
I_love_Bloodsuckers

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

butterfly420km wrote:
*Bloodlust* wrote:Jasper's face bothered me. I know Jessica saying "He's the one that looks like he's in pain." was supposed to explain his expressions and stiffness, but I didn't like it at all! It felt so...ridiculous and like a parody of Jasper.
Omg, did anyone think that Jasper looked like Edward Scissorhands? I could swear that is who he modeled his character after, lol. He had that freaky look on his face. I asked my fiance if he thought so, and he didn't but then I spoke with my best friend earlier who also saw it last night, and she said the same thing before I even told her I thought so!

He could've toned it down a little more, I did think it was a little over the top. Still loved the movie though...
I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen various trailers, and I agree with you. Jasper does look like edward scissorhands. Strange......xD :shock: :lol:
Last edited by I_love_Bloodsuckers on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related