Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

shortstuff wrote:thanks, i got your PM! :D
ok so i watched it ( ended up watching the whole movie AGAIN... :lol: ) and then i backtracked and watched that part again..

it seemed to me that he didnt actually mouth the words 'i love you', but rather, opened his mouth as if there was more he wanted to say.. and then decided to just leave it at that. i think someone else explained it well.. that it was almost a tortured whisper.. like he really WANTED to say it, but couldnt bring himself to even go there..

i could be wrong, but thats how i saw it. and i think it kinda worked better that way.. there was still a lot of angst in that moment...
You're welcome! :D Yeah, it's kinda driving me nuts, I've watched it a lot online and just saw it again in the theater with my friend yesterday and she said she thought he did. Maybe you're right and he is just supposed to want to say it, but not completely mouth it, we're just supposed to know that he wants to, ya know? *sigh* Someone get Rob on the board so we can ask him! :lol:
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:You're welcome! :D Yeah, it's kinda driving me nuts, I've watched it a lot online and just saw it again in the theater with my friend yesterday and she said she thought he did. Maybe you're right and he is just supposed to want to say it, but not completely mouth it, we're just supposed to know that he wants to, ya know? *sigh* Someone get Rob on the board so we can ask him! :lol:
While I'd LOVE to find Rob on the Lex, I somehow suspect that any quality questions we might ask would, unfortunatley, be lost amongst all the fangirl squeeing!! :lol: I really cannot wait to listen to the DVD commentary. Although, I don't know that I'll want to listen to someone talk over the movie, even if it is Rob or Kristen or Catherine. Every time I see the movie, I just about have a stroke any time someone so much as sniffs. :evil: That doesn't make me obsessed or anything, does it? :lol:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:
TeamEdward1918 wrote:You're welcome! :D Yeah, it's kinda driving me nuts, I've watched it a lot online and just saw it again in the theater with my friend yesterday and she said she thought he did. Maybe you're right and he is just supposed to want to say it, but not completely mouth it, we're just supposed to know that he wants to, ya know? *sigh* Someone get Rob on the board so we can ask him! :lol:
While I'd LOVE to find Rob on the Lex, I somehow suspect that any quality questions we might ask would, unfortunatley, be lost amongst all the fangirl squeeing!! :lol: I really cannot wait to listen to the DVD commentary. Although, I don't know that I'll want to listen to someone talk over the movie, even if it is Rob or Kristen or Catherine. Every time I see the movie, I just about have a stroke any time someone so much as sniffs. :evil: That doesn't make me obsessed or anything, does it? :lol:
I'm such a dork; I love to listen to DVD commentary of movies that I like. I always find it interesting to hear the perspective of the director and cast on how and why certain scenes were shot a certain way, what was going on behind the scenes, etc.

I look forward to hearing the thoughts of Rob, Kristen, and Catherine on fiming Twilight. I'm sure Rob will have plenty of witty and quirky comments about certain scenes. If the commentary is anything like some of the more entertaining interviews with Rob I've seen, they'll probably have to bleep over a few of his comments! lol
Banner by TammyAZ
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

older_twilight_fan wrote:I look forward to hearing the thoughts of Rob, Kristen, and Catherine on fiming Twilight. I'm sure Rob will have plenty of witty and quirky comments about certain scenes. If the commentary is anything like some of the more entertaining interviews with Rob I've seen, they'll probably have to bleep over a few of his comments! lol
I agree, although I actually never watch movies with the commentary on. I tend to get antsy, but I CAN'T WAIT to see this one, any ounce of information (or even just hearing his voice ;)) ...I'll take it! He has made me laugh so many times during interviews, I think this track will be awesome :D

haha, Jazz Girl I totally understand, we're all obsessed, it's ok ;)
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

[i've seen the movie 4 times, but still never catch it...]

["thanks, i got your PM! :D
ok so i watched it ( ended up watching the whole movie AGAIN... :lol: ) and then i backtracked and watched that part again..

it seemed to me that he didnt actually mouth the words 'i love you', but rather, opened his mouth as if there was more he wanted to say.. and then decided to just leave it at that. i think someone else explained it well.. that it was almost a tortured whisper.. like he really WANTED to say it, but couldnt bring himself to even go there..

i could be wrong, but thats how i saw it. and i think it kinda worked better that way.. there was still a lot of angst in that moment..."]

That's what I thought the first time I looked closely, but no, after Edward opens his mouth like he is struggling to say something, and right before Bella is whisked away he mouths "I love you" really fast.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

twilightnewbie wrote:That's what I thought the first time I looked closely, but no, after Edward opens his mouth like he is struggling to say something, and right before Bella is whisked away he mouths "I love you" really fast.
Interesting, you said "really fast" and we all know how fast our favorite vamps can speak ;) But really, I think you're right and he does :D
E<3B
KyAn22
Settled in Forks

Post by KyAn22 »

I enjoyed the movie, I left the cinema wanting more of the movie. I couldnt get enough of it. I thought it was gr8 when Bella walked into the classroom and Edward smelled her from the distance, because the fan was blowing her scent towards him. His reaction was purfect. I cant wait now to buy the movie on DVD, I just love the movie but wish it could have been longer too :D
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

twilightnewbie wrote:That's what I thought the first time I looked closely, but no, after Edward opens his mouth like he is struggling to say something, and right before Bella is whisked away he mouths "I love you" really fast.
Like I said folks, it is my absolute favorite moment of the movie. The relationship between Rob and Kristen as Edward and Bella just...works.

There is something so intense between them. There is another moment, right before the I Love You that brings me a similar reaction. When the family walks into the garage and Jasper and Emmett are talking about killing James. Edward and Bella walk in last, Edward's arm is around Bella's shoulder and she is holding his waist. There is something about the way they are physically oriented with each other, the way she is perfectly able to tuck herself into him. And, then, when Alice says she and Jasper will take Bella south, and Alice almost takes Bella from him, as Bella is moving from his side to Alice's, his body kind of arches towards hers, as if she literally is being ripped from his side. It's just one of those microscopic moments that brings you completely within that heartbreak again and again. Amazing.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Jazz Girl wrote:Like I said folks, it is my absolute favorite moment of the movie. The relationship between Rob and Kristen as Edward and Bella just...works.

There is something so intense between them. There is another moment, right before the I Love You that brings me a similar reaction. When the family walks into the garage and Jasper and Emmett are talking about killing James. Edward and Bella walk in last, Edward's arm is around Bella's shoulder and she is holding his waist. There is something about the way they are physically oriented with each other, the way she is perfectly able to tuck herself into him. And, then, when Alice says she and Jasper will take Bella south, and Alice almost takes Bella from him, as Bella is moving from his side to Alice's, his body kind of arches towards hers, as if she literally is being ripped from his side. It's just one of those microscopic moments that brings you completely within that heartbreak again and again. Amazing.
Yeah, should have just listened to you in the first place about that :lol: I'm sorta mad at myself for not noticing it! As if there's ever a moment I'm not staring at Rob/Edward :lol:

You're so right. It's those little things that really brought their relationship alive on screen. I'm so happy we got those two to play our favorite couple :D
E<3B
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Like I said folks, it is my absolute favorite moment of the movie. The relationship between Rob and Kristen as Edward and Bella just...works.

I love the intensity of this scene as well, and your description of it is just spot on, Jazz Girl. I do have one question about the scene that I meant to ask a Twilight-obsessed friend after we saw the movie together, and then I forgot. I think it's at this point in the movie that Edward says something to Alice about not wanting to hear her thoughts, or something along those lines. (Sorry, I haven't seen the movie in over a month and my specific recollection of the words are a little vague.) Is Edward referring to not wanting to see Alice's vision of future Bella as a vampire, or something else entirely?

Thanks for any help clearing this up for me!
Banner by TammyAZ