Twilight Movie Premier Party and meet-ups

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Twilight Movie Premier Party and meet-ups

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Oh, geez...all day! Hmm, I can walk to my Borders from my work....But if I get one...what about my other friends who can't get a wristband?! lol. oh well, I'll see how the day goes...thanks for posting the info :)
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

threethings wrote:Just called.
The give them out all day, from 9am.
So I need to get somebody to get mine!

You're welcome!
Thanks, but that really sucks! I have work tomorrow all day. =(

P.S. The wristbands only insure the ability to purchase the DVD, correct? Can people attend the party without a wristband?
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

Alison wrote:P.S. The wristbands only insure the ability to purchase the DVD, correct? Can people attend the party without a wristband?
I'm not sure but I'm thinking no? Fire codes only allow a certain number of people in a space at a given time. Unless I'm just over-estimating and thinking these parties are going to be bigger then they actually will be....I'm pretty certain that the NYC store (where I'm going) will be utter chaos though.
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

I just called my Borders because I'm paranoid. The party I am attending is at a Borders Express, so they're not even doing wristbands. The store is in a mall, so it's pretty tiny. The girl I spoke to told me they barely promoted it, so they're not even really expecting a turnout. I hope it's still fun... I was kind of hoping for the chaos, as long as I got the DVD in my hands.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

When I called (twice, lol) neither person at Borders told me I had to do anything to get in for the party. Although, I only asked if I had to preorder the DVD ahead of time to attend the party, but I'm sure if there was a restriction to attending, one of them would have told me

I'm worried that the party I'm planning on going to will be chaos too, lol. "Oh, well I think we can handle that" ;)

(Sorry, couldn't help myself, lol)
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:I'm worried that the party I'm planning on going to will be chaos too, lol. "Oh, well I think we can handle that" ;)

(Sorry, couldn't help myself, lol)
haha love that! I moved last month and am still unfamiliar with the neighborhood and I saw a Jasper Street today and got all excited. I tried to not sqeal so I wouldn't get an odd look from my husband.
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Ah, the suppressed squeal, I know that one well :lol:

The mugs at our restaurant say Carlisle on the bottom, I got so excited, lol
E<3B
Amy
Settled in Forks

Post by Amy »

So, I haven't pre-ordered my dvd yet and I was hoping for some advice. Borders has a special edition dvd that comes in a cool cover with a booklet and exclusive photocards. I am not sure what comes in the booklet. Target has a 3-disc deluse edition that includes a bonus disc with 45 min of "additional never-before-seen content". Does anyone know of other deals? I want to get the dvd with the most so any suggestions would be very helpful.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Amy wrote:So, I haven't pre-ordered my dvd yet and I was hoping for some advice. Borders has a special edition dvd that comes in a cool cover with a booklet and exclusive photocards. I am not sure what comes in the booklet. Target has a 3-disc deluse edition that includes a bonus disc with 45 min of "additional never-before-seen content". Does anyone know of other deals? I want to get the dvd with the most so any suggestions would be very helpful.
I know that Target has a 2-disc(I think) with a free i-tunes download, and then Best Buy has one that's Blu-ray.
I think that Twilighters did a video with all editions, pros and cons.
Do you want a link?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

haha, wow, I made that hard on myself...breakdown's posted on the next page :? :lol:
Last edited by TeamEdward1918 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
E<3B