Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Evasion

Post by zoelynn602 »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.
Bella was happy to graduate, because she could move on with the life she wanted afterwards, I was happy to graduate because I hated high school.

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen?
I thought it either had something to do with Jacob or Victoria, all I knew was that it was bad.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?
I just thought he had wanted to get away with Bella for a few days.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".
My talk was more or less taking health class in school, I would have flipped if my dad had tried to give me the talk.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?
No, I see that she is still having a hard time getting over her fear of abandonment from Edward, she doesn't want to upset him to the point where he might leave again.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:Thanks to Cocoa for the Questions!

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?
1)No comparison. I was ready to go!

2)At first, I thought she may have seen the Volturi on the move, then after that - Victoria doing something.

3)Yes. To get her out of Forks and away from danger.

4)My mom gave me 'the talk' and I was in no way embarrassed. Bella's was hysterical!!

5)No. She really understood Edward and knew that he was not being difficult for the sake of being difficult. She felt he did not understand and she just needed to be patient with him. It worked.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I was much like Bella. I was eager to get out of that school. I didn't have many friends to leave behind either, but I cried because I was leaving behind a few good friends.

Something bad. Like Victoria or the Volturi, thought the more likely was Victoria.

Edward had his heart set on getting Bella to marry him and it would be improper to marry a girl without meeting both parents. The only other time he had seen Renee was after Bella 'fell through a window' and I think he wanted to meet her again in a bit of happier circumstances.

I got the basics from a mother/ daughter class that I took with my mother, obviously. I learned other things thorugh my middle school years.

A little. I think if Bella had been a but more stubborn and persistent, he would have finally let her go, just once, to stop her from begging him about it.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-I haven't graduated yet, so I can't answer this question very well.

-Something bad happening to Bella, obiviously, but other then that I didn't know.

-I thought maybe it had to do with something Alice had seen, but I wasn't positive.

-Hhahahhaa, my parents don't really talk about that stuff with me, so I have nothing to compare it to.

-Yes. But Bella loves Edward and can never stay mad at him too long. I would forgive him that fast too!
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
peacel0ve
Settled in Forks

Post by peacel0ve »

Before I graduated, I couldn't wait and just get it over with. I was just fed up with everyone at school besides my friends. But I was also excited because I knew I would begin a new chapter in my life.

I though it would be about Victoria because it felt like when i was reading that part when Bella asked Edward what Alice saw he didn't seem to be really telling the truth. I'm not sure if that makes any sense.

I honestly think that he purposely mentioned Florida to Charlie when he said something about Billy, because Edward did tell Bella that she wasn't gonna see him.

I never had "the talk" so I can't really answer this question. =[

Hell no! I would have done the SAME exact thing she did. I thought it was pretty funny.
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

Graduation is not such a big thing in Belgium as it seems to be in the US so I was just worried basically. I was worried I'd do something wrong during the ceremony (it turned out I didn't have to do anything except for standing around for a while though). The days before I was just freaking out about choosing a higher education. :lol:

I didn't have a clue but I figured it was something bad-vampire-related=Bella-in-danger stuff.

Yep.

I never got "the talk". It's kind of taboo in my family. I did get books about *it* when I was 10 or so. :? And then when I was 11 we talked about it in class. And then when I was 12 we had the same course again but now with also the biological part of it.

Yes, she did. I don't like Edward for doing that.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's. Well, with my 8th grade graduation I was anxious to get to high school. When I graduate high school (go class of 10!) I think I'll be anxious to get to college.

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen? What Edward had said, the whole Jasper thing.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were? To use the tickets and maybe start moving forward with Bella.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk". Never got it. Seriously. I NEVER had it. I am nearly 17 and not a word.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob? No, I don't think so.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

- At my graduation, I just REALLY wanted it over with. I was having one of my "horrible days", and to me graduation was nothing.

- I wasn't too sure what she could have been seeing. If I had to think about, she could have been seeing Bella's wedding that day or possible her as a vampire again.

- I think he just wanted to understand Bella better since he can't read her thoughts, so he just had to meet the parents! He already met Charlie, and could only read certain thoughts from him, so next is Renee.

- Actually, I've never really had "the talk", believe it or not. I wouldn't consider a "talk" at least because I already knew before my mother spoke w/ me about it. My father!? I'm definitely not going there. It would be like Charlie's case, if we tried to speak about it. :p

- I think she did. ONLY because she was very happy to have him back and at that point would do anything for him to keep him there.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

hah haven't really graduated yet!
something pretty important.
i just thought he wanted to meet Renee again because last time they had only talked a little about Bella's condition.
we haven't really had "the talk". lol I learned alot from school.
no, i don't think so.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
runningali
Settled in Forks

Post by runningali »

I was so excited for graduation. I was dating someone a few years older who was already in college and I was going to join him at the same school. So, it was definitely a "FINALLY" moment for me.

Bella's experience was so different because she is worried about Victoria and the tie between the newborns and her missing clothes/pillow, she is worried about Edward's reaction AND she knows that her change to a vampire is rapidly approaching.

Based on Edward's reaction, I thought it must have to do with Bella and Victoria. Bella knew that too subconsiously.

Definitely. It was clear that he was trying to distract her - especially when he uses the "you're not the only one who has been stuck in this house" argument which is so NOT Edward's style.

About the same content - lots of embarrassment and difficult to make eye contact with my mom!

I think Bella ultimately knows that Edward is only trying to protect her - he loves her so much. The thought of being away from him (or keeping him away by closing the window) is likely too painful for her to go through with.