Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 6 ~ Switzerland

Post by Alphie »

Thanks to Be My Escape for the questions!

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car?

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why?
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Chapter 6 ~ Switzerland

Post by museicalking »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?

Both. Jacob does have something for bella and he knows it; Bella is so close to jacob and im guessing Edward's jealous of what extent she'll go to see him. Which includes going against the better judgement of both alice and edward. From Emily, he knows what the danger is and bella of all people is going to trigger it, that's what edward is thinking.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?

She loves jacob and wants to see him, both as a friend and family. Not from guilt, but from the bond they shared in most of NM.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?

Alice is a pretty controlled vampire, i guess jasper's influences has done something too.

YEAH!

Yes, I would be angry but i would probably be expecting it.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
thecrimsonrose
Settled in Forks

Post by thecrimsonrose »

i think he is slightly jealous but would not stand in bellas way if she wanted to go to jacob instead of him, but also that teh wolves maybe dangerous as bella has such a strong alliance with the cullens

partly gult and partly that she still feels that he is her closest friend and she does need him as any time she is hurt she goes to him as she was hurt when they beame best friends wehn edward left, leaving her depressed and jacob made her feel better

because she knows that she is getting paid for it and she believes its for bellas safety and the fact that her older brother will be more comfortabel knowing shes safe.

prbably because it wasn't like she drugged bella or anything sshe was trying to do a good thing by keeping her safe

probably because they spent their money on a bed just for her for a few nights and it really wasn't neccessary as she preferred sleeping on the couch anyway
Didn't Edward tell you how many houses me and Rose wrecked?-Emmett, Breaking Dawn
Jublio
Settled in Forks

Post by Jublio »

both. Jacob can give Bella what he can't give. and he knows what happened to Emily, so he also is afraid that if he gets to angry he'll hurt Bella.

guilt and because they became so attached to each other. and is more free with Jacob because

because Alice knows that Bella will calm down.

hell yeah!

no, but I'm the laziest person on earth and love my bed to much, so I would loove the bed
....::Image::....
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

He was definitely a little jealous and a lot concerned. He knew that his absence had opened Bella's heart, even if it was just a tiny bit, to Jacob, and no one who is in love with another person could ever not be jealous about that.

I thought it was something more, which really ticked me off, since she always made this big show about how much she wanted to be with Edward.

Because she knew she wouldn't like it, so it was to be expected. She probably saw the reaction as soon as Bella made the decision to stay over.

I would have, because Bella needed protecting, mostly from herself.

Ha. Not a chance. No futher comment.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

I think he is jealous a bit. He knows that there are things that Jake can give Bella that he can't. He knows that the wolves are dangerous as well but I think it comes down to more of a jealousy thing. He can see inside Jake's mind and he knows that Jake will try to take Bella away from him.

I think guilt plays a little part in it but Bella does love Jake, just not in the same way that he loves her.

Edward probably told her how she would react and besides, Alice could see Bella's reaction in advance anyway.

Heck yes!

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why?[/quote]
Not really, no. It's a nice sentiment. I can understand why she would be any though. She knew Edward wouldn't let her spend time with Jake, hence the turning of his room into a place where Bella would have all the comforts of home.
Sturpherz
Wandering Through Town

Re:

Post by Sturpherz »

Chapter 6 ~ Switzerland

I think it is a little bit of both. He knows that the wolves what the wolves are capable of and he knows just how dangerous they really are, but at the same time, I think Jacob gave him an idea of just how close they really had gotten in his absence when they were out side of the school.

First of all let me be clear, I do not think that Bella is in love with Jacob, I think Bella feels responsible for his pain. She of all people knows what it feels like to have your heart ripped to shreds and she does not want to be the person who does that to Jacob especially since Jacob is the one who kind of helped put her heart back together again.

She saw it coming.

HECK YES!

Hmm… I am going to have to say no. I mean, yes he is holding me hostage, but at least he took in account that I do have to sleep…..
"The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become..."
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car?

yes, i would have been embarassed mostly though.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. Both. Even though he is mature on jealousy type things, I think, he still may be jealous of Jacob and the wolves. But then they do pose a danger, in his POV.

2. Guilt. I just think she feels bad.

3. Bella isn't really being held hostage, since she did enjoy it, somewhat. So I understand Alice's reaction.

4. I don't know. If I were Alice, I would buy my own car.

5. I think she overreacted. I would be pleased that they went out of their way to make me comfortable, but that is just me.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I absolutly think Edward is SO jealous. He may not be human, but he isn't without feeling. If you were Edward, wouldn't you be jealous???? I think he is concerned also.

I think Bella needs to see Jacob. She needs him to smile! She loves him. He is her best friend. She has been consistant in knowing that it isn't a romantic love she has for Jacob, so I don't think she's swayed by those kinds of feelings.

Alice is Alice... she is entertained by it all!

Yup, and not because of the car. If I was Alice I would do it for my own personal entertainment. I get that.

That's a funny question. If I was Bella, I would be angry at the Bed as Bella is. If it was me, I'd be annoyed, but know Edward did it because he loved me and my booty would be chilling in the bed.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!