Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
gkk
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 17 ~ Alliance

Post by gkk »

At the graduation party in the Cullen home, Alice "saw" a future that we never learned about because Jacob quickly learned about "the decision being made" by Victoria/Riley. When Jacob committed to helping this changed what she saw. Whatever that future was had her and Edward in a horrified fluster.

What did she see??

I've scoured the FAQs and cannot find any reference to this "possible" future for the Cullens.

-gkk
-gkk (gkkmouse, gkkstitch)

Image Image
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house?

they defiently came to see the inside of the Cullens house. Bella is like the outcast who everyone wants to use or pretend to be friends with.. so this is the perfect opportunity to know how the freaky Cullens live.

2. Were you as surprised as Bella was that Jacob came to the party? Would you have asked him to leave?
Yes I was surprise that Jacob showed up. I really didn't think that he could phyiscally enter the Cullens house with the smell. If I was Bella, I would of asked him to leave after he pulled that kissed with her.

3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her?
I think it was a reminder to Bella of their friendship so that she won't push him out of her life.

4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised?
I knew that it would happen sooner or later to protect Bella. I hope that it erases the hate between the vampires and werewolfs but I know thats a long shot.

5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together?

I don't expect all the Cullens and all the werewolfs to get along but I do expect Jacob and Edward to be decent to each other and report to their families.. Edward and Jacob have Bella who will keep them from fighting and for her sake, they will make it work.
ment2be134
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ment2be134 »

1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house?
i think the majority came for the inside of the house
2. Were you as surprised as Bella was that Jacob came to the party? Would you have asked him to leave?
Yes i was becuase i had the feeling that the treaty didn't allow the wolves to go to the house if there was no treaty i wouldn't have been so suprised

3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her?I never really thought of it as a reminder to Edward i just thought it was the "good" side of jacob being thoughtful

4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised? i thought it should have happend at first though at that point it wasn't Bella's problem so it wasn't even being considered plus

5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together? No i knew that Carlisle wouldn't let anything happen niether would Sam and Edward wouldn't do anything to hurt Bellas friends because it would hurt Bella
"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
~ Edward Cullen

"she's diabolical" ~Emmet Cullen
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

- It was more obvious to me that they wanted to see the Cullen's house.

- I was surprised he showed up at the party. I'm not sure I would have told him to leave though.

3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her?
- It was towards both. With Bella is to remind them of their strong bond and with Edward is to show him how much Bella still cares for him and how he's better for her.

4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised?
- I was more suprised about this. The wolves have so much hate towards the Cullens I just didn't think they would actually decide to work with them to kill the bad vamps.

5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together?
- I knew they would find a way to work together. There wasn't any doubt of anything going wrong between them.
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I think that it is split into three part. Most of the people there just wanted to see the inside of the Cullens' house. I good part of them wanted to both wanted to celenbrate with Bella and see the Cullens' house. I think there was a small part that came mostly to celebrate with Bella and seeing the inside of the Cullens' house was just a perk.

I wasn't so much surprised to see Jake there than I was some of the pack. Still, I was glad that he came and would never had asked him to leave, even if I was Bella and still furious at him.

I think that it was most importantly to remind Bella of Jake, but it also was to more taunt than remind Edward of their relationship, too.

I was expecting an alliance, especailly with the whole new born thing. I was just waiting for it to happen.

I was a little concerned about how well they would work together, not so muh that they wouldn;t.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-To see the Cullens house, definetly, haha.

-Yeah ! I totally would've asked him to leave after what had just happend. I was as suprised as Bella.

-A reminder to Edward, definetly. It was his way of telling Edward that he was stilling fighting for Bella.

-I had thought about it, but it suprised me that everyone would actually go for it !

-I hoped that it would work, because I didn't want anyone on either the wolves or the Cullens side to get hurt.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house?

1)Both.

2)Not really. Yes.

3)Both.

4)I thought it was great and certainly necessary. First time around, I was surprised, but it was good to see both sides put aside their animosity to fight for a common thing.

5)Yes, I thought it would work. Both sides knew how imperative it was to kill this menace before Bella was killed and the Volturi got involved.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

-Both. Angela and Ben would have gone just for Bella. Mike Newton probably would have gone because he still had a thing for Bella and was jealous of the Cullens. Some of the others like Jessica were probably just being nosy.

-No, Jacob continues to "end" their friendship only to start calling or showing up again because he can't leave Bella alone. No, Bella considers him a good friend despite everything else.

-Both. He truly loves Bella and wanted to give her something special, but he also loves rubbing his relationship with Bella in Edward's face.

-I expected it. They're both trying to protect Bella-it makes sense. I did think it might backfire. I could picture Paul losing his temper and attacking a vampire.

-I thought the hot headed werewolves might attack the Cullens at some point.
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

I think the majority of the people came to see the house and her closer friends wanted to come for her but were also curious. I mean who could really blame them for being so curious.

I kinda was but at the same time I knew something was going to happen. I would have asked him to leave as well. Why would you even think about coming when she was so upset with him.

More to her than anything I guess because he wasn't aware of how much she really thought of him. But also a reminder to Edward that he's not going anywhere.

At first I was definitely not expecting it but after reading the series again it was inevitable that they were going to be fighting together.

I wasn't really concerned because of their love for Bella. I knew it was her safety that was their number one priority and that they wouldn't have problems.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

personally i think they just wanted to see the Cullen's house

no, not really. i had a vibe someone would show up. no i wouldnt have unless he annoyed.

i think its 75% reminder to Bella and 25% reminder to Edward

i was like OMG! so yeah i was surprised.

i had an idea that it would work but i was still worried (jasper!!!)

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC