Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Chapter 18 ~ Instruction

Post by Jadey »

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?
Nope, she needs to quit worrying. They're can take care of themselves.

2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were?
Uhm I don't know.

3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety?
I'd thought they would work together, but they'd be sour about it - especially Jacob and Edward.

4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings?
It was cool finally being able to see how they actually fight.

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised?
I knew Bella would be fine with it because its Jacob, and Jacob is her friend. With the whole face licking thing I was a bit annoying but otherwise fine, because it wasnt a lip to lip kiss thing. It was a dog licking a human. Mans best friend :D He wasnt human so he wasnt being obnoxious and arrogant about it. And he didn't force it really..
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?

Absolutely. She's seen how strong the Cullens are -- and has even been around (not necessarily conscious, but around) when Edward has been in a fight. She still doesn't know how the wolves will do in more of a one-on-one scenario (versus several on one, when they fought Laurent).

2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were?

I honestly had no idea, and didn't give it a second thought. 8-)

3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety?

I thought they would work together, but separately. which is to say: divide and conquer. There is one scenario in which I knew Edward & Jacob would be able to successfully work together: if Bella were in danger.

4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings?

It was kind of strange, I guess, to see Jasper play such a central role. It seemed like one of the first times in the series so far when we really got to know him.

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised?

I thought she would be more scared at first -- just because both times she saw him as a wolf before he was being aggressive. I was pretty sure she would get used to him, and even start to like him eventually so I wasn't surprised.

Image Image Image
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

Yes, they are only kids and they are risking their lives by fighting vampires. She doesn't realize how strong the wolves are and she is worried they will be hurt or killed in the fight.

I didn't know exactly. But, I did suspect that it was probably people who were at the bonfire.

I figured the wolves would stick to one area and the vampires another and they would just have to put their issues aside and work together. Jake and Edward would get along if for nothing more than to protect Bella. They don't like eachother, but they don't want anything to happen to Bella so they would do what they had to.

I was impressed with how quickly and subtely Alice moved, and I was surprised that Emmett wasn't better at avoiding Jasper. I also wonder how long Jasper and Edward would have kept messing around before someone "won", and I wonder if Alice and Edward were to practice together if anyone would ever win that lol.

She has already seen Jake in his wolf form so I knew she wouldn't be scared of him. He was like her pet for a few minutes and the pressure seemed to be taken off of them for a little bit.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

No, the pack can take care of themselves. Of course she would worry about them, like she did for the Cullens, but it was un-necessary. They knew what they were doing.

I had no idea. There weren't many possible candidates introduced at this point.

I thought that the wolves and vampires would be able to cooperate well. They just needed to coordinate so that everyone knew their tasks. There would be some tensions between Edward and Jacob, but I felt that they would cooperate for Bella's sake. Her safety was the most important thing to both of them. They would not like eachother, but they would be able to work together for the most important thing in their lives.

It was really interesting. I liked to see more of Jasper, and see the leader figure that he can be. And I liked to see how the Cullens fight. It was especially sweet of Jasper to show Bella just how good a fighter Alice is, since she was one of Bella's main concerns.

I didn't think that she would be afraid. He's her friend, and she knows that he wouldn't hurt her. It was easier to be around him, when he couldn't talk about his feelings for her.
Last edited by Dovrebanen on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?Well yes.. she is friends with most of the pack and knows there are young kids in it. She is worried like a normal friend would be. Even though she knows its necessary and that they can handle themselves, she is still worried.

I wasnt sure.. I just knew they must be Quiletes.

I once again, wasnt sure. I just knew they would have to work it out in order for everyone to go home safely and alive. The Cullens are civilized and know how to control themselves, so if they put forth the effort, they can work cooperatively. The wolves have Sam to keep them in check.

It seemed pretty cool. It was entertaining and interesting to read about vampire strategies in fighting.

No.. of course she being Bella, would freak out, then be impressed by it lol.
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable? No it's what they are made for after all. Bella has always been to protective over her supernatural friends.

2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were? I had not clue Seth and Leah at the bombfire made me suspitious but I didn;t think girls could change

3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety? In my mind it was about time. I even rolled my eyes when Sam refused to come any closer at the beginning. These are obviously not the same evil vampires that are in your legends.

4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings? That they all kick butt!

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised? She acted exactly how I thought she would.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?
Yes, she doesn't want anyone getting hurt.

Leah and Seth b/c they were at the campfire that night.

I figured they each have there strengths and together they would accomplish what needed to be done. I think it was neat how well they cooperated on her safety..no matter their vast differences..they thought the same on this issue.

This showed a whole new view to Jasper.

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised
Kind of. If I was here, I would be more afraid of a wolf than a vampire. lol. I can't beleive he licked her face...gross. Surprised Edward and him didn't go at it. lol.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

no. but i do think it was natural. i would worry about anyone i cared for to in this situation!! not reasonable, but it wasnt like she could fight them...

i thought seth for sure. but leah,i thougt, "oh, edward is just makeing sure bella's awake." but i was really shocked when i found out it was really true!!

i think that the worst disasters bring people together the most. and this was no exception so, it was natural!

oh my gosh!! this is awesome!!!! this is one of my fave chapters, cause you get to know jasper a bit better. i think it was really cool! :!:

i had no clue how to react myself! it was all really open ended and exciting for me!
Betting on Alice.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Yep

I didn't know I wasn't sure who people in LaPush were.

Both of their home teritorie was being invded, and I loved that

How cool it would be to get to do that.

I thought she'd love that he couldn't talk.
**Kathryn**
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Not really, I think the wolves can handle themselves. Tho I can understand why Bella was worried, especially since she has seen how strong and fast and violent vampires can be!

I thought Seth and Leah were, since they were at the council meeting a few chapters back. I thought it was an interesting twist having a girl werewolf! I didn't know who the others were, just some kids from the reservation I assumed?

I knew the Cullen's would manage fine, I was more nervous about the wolves. But I think they handled it well. I thought Edward and Jacob were being much more mature than normal, actually working togther for Bella's sake for once!

I loved this part. I would have loved to have seen this - hope this part is in the film! Especially Alice's fight with Jasper!

Hmm, not really I guess. I'm glad Bella got on ok with Jake in his wolf form tho!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!