Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 25 - Mirror

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

1. How did you feel about Jacob's injury and Bella's reaction to it?
I was scared for him. Since he is my favorite character, I was worried. I think Bellas reaction was funny at first when she was like "Of course" But passing out wasnt good.

2. Did you suspect that the Volturi’s late arrival to the fight was planned? Why?
I didnt think that it was planned. They didnt know when exactly the fight would have taken place.

3. What did Jane mean when she told Edward “Quite a pity how things turned out, isn’t it?” P 577
I think she means the fact that none of the Cullens were injured or killed. She would have liked that.

4. Before you read Breaking Dawn, how did you think Bella would compare to Bree as a newborn? Did you think she would have better control over her bloodlust or that she would be as wild as Bree was in the clearing?
I thought she would have better control because of who is turning her. And how she would be brought up. Though she would probably still be as thirsty and everything.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Jacob made his choice to protect one of the younger wolfs, and he should have known that something bad could happen. Bella had this deep connection to Jake and was afraid for him because of this, she was in shock that someone had gotten hurt because of her again.

2. Did you suspect that the Volturi’s late arrival to the fight was planned? Why?
Yes I think it as planned because they must have wanted to see how they would fair and then have left for them to take out.

3. What did Jane mean when she told Edward “Quite a pity how things turned out, isn’t it?” P 577

I think Jane wanted to hurt someone, wanted to clean up a mess by a growing coven, and that she was annoyed that there was nothing she could do. The Volutri had been rendered useless by the Cullens.

4. Before you read Breaking Dawn, how did you think Bella would compare to Bree as a newborn? Did you think she would have better control over her bloodlust or that she would be as wild as Bree was in the clearing?
I thought that she would be a little like Bree but with a little more control because Bella was aware of what was coming and wouldn't be in the dark like all new borns. Bella had a choice to become a vampire and Bree and the others didn't. She was willing to change to be with the one who had her heart and knew that her vampire family would try and help her as much as they could.
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

I was like, "Huh... her worry was well placed, after all". Poor Bella, I felt bad that she felt responsible.

Yes, I do. I think they wanted to see how it turned out and they probably would have stepped in eventually if things weren't going in the Cullens favor.

I'm not too sure, really.

I thought she would want the blood just as bad, but Edward and the rest of them would keep her in check and try to help her adjust faster.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I knew that something was going to happen to him! It was expected though, I mean someone had to get hurt on their side. I feel that Bella was justified in being worried about Jacob; she does love him and was concerned about him.

Not so much their late arrival, but their arrival. I think that one of their main motives of coming was to check up on the Cullen's.

I think that Jane wanted to be in on the fight and use her mind games to hurt the newborns. As we can all see, it seems like she enjoys causing pain to other people/vampires.

I always thought that Bella would NOT be a normal newborn. I predicted right for once in my life on this one, Bella turned out to be almost exactly as I imagined.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

Her reaction was expected

I didn't think the Volturi were gonna show up at all

She was being sarcastic about not helping out at all.

I always thought Bella would be different from an average newborn vampire.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
patricac
Settled in Forks

Post by patricac »

I thought it was sad for Jake to be the only one to get hurt out of everyone fighting on their side. Bella’s reaction was normal, she loved him. I thought it was sad for Edward though.

Of course! They were hoping the newborns would kill some of the Cullen’s and were probably hoping that they would probably “collect” the remaining ones to join the Volturi. That’s more in Breaking Dawn – where they collect vampires with abilities. The Cullen’s are a large coven that have abilities that Aro wants (Alice, Edward).

The Volturi’s plan didn’t work out how they wanted it to, they probably thought the Cullen’s would have lost a few of their own and that the remaining would join them.

I wasn’t sure how Bella would react. Hearing Rosalie’s story, it seemed entirely possible to not turn out like Bree. Rosalie went after her murderers, but other than that – she didn’t kill any other humans. So if it was possible for Rosalie to not turn savage, Bella had a good chance.
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I was just relieved that he was going to be OK. I thought Bella's reaction was a bit much, though.

Yes, because they don't want their power threatened.

She meant that it was too bad the Volturi guard couldn't help the Cullens.

I thought Bella would be wild.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-I was pretty much like, Oh, that sucks. I knew he wouldn't die so I wasn't too worried. Personally I thought Bella's reaction was a little over the top, Jaked wanted to fight, he knew what could happen to him.

-Yees I did. The Volturi wanted to wait and see if (and hoped that) the newborns could kill off a couple of the Cullens before they stepped in a to end the army.

-It was a back handed remark. Jane was saying that basically it was too bad none of the Cullens were killed in the fight.

-No, I just never thought of Bella as being as bloodthirsty as Bree. Even though they kept saying over and over that all Bella would want is blood, I just couldn't picture that being all Bella wanted. After all, shes always unpredictable.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

It wasn't as surprising as I thought because it seemed too good to be true that there were no injuries or losses on our end at all. I can understand how she felt because she didn't know how the wolves would be if they got hurt and if there was a possibility they could be killed.

At first I didn't but then later when they come I can tell that they didn't mean exactly what they said.

I assumed that she was referring to the fact that all of the Cullens were still living after the conflict and that none of the numbers were decimated.

I was extremely curious as to how Bella wold be when she was a newborn. I had thoughts that she would be wild but definitely not as wild as Bree. She's been around the Cullens long enough that she knows what her lifestyle will be like after she is turned into one so then again I had my thoughts that she would behave somewhere in the middle of Bree and completely calm.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. How did you feel about Jacob's injury and Bella's reaction to it? I was surprised that he would've been hurt. But I think her reation was overdramatic

2. Did you suspect that the Volturi’s late arrival to the fight was planned? Why? I wasn't sure.

3. What did Jane mean when she told Edward “Quite a pity how things turned out, isn’t it?” P 577 I think she was hoping more of the Cullens would've been hurt or something happened to Bella.

4. Before you read Breaking Dawn, how did you think Bella would compare to Bree as a newborn? Did you think she would have better control over her bloodlust or that she would be as wild as Bree was in the clearing?I figured she would be as wild & crazy as Bree.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson