A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Adrenaline

Post by Dovrebanen »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?
No, not really. She had achieved what she wanted: She heard the most beautiful voice in the world in her head. So she couldn't care less about the blood, I think.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?
Reading way to fast to notice..... I figured it would mean something, but didn't have the energy to consider what.

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story?
They seemed like some sort of gang. Not necessarily bad guys, but strange. And I was concerned since Jacob seemed to so worried about them.

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob?
A bad idea. The meadow was her special place with Edward. And she shouldn't bring Jacob into it. I can understand that she was afraid she might get lost in the woods, but...Bringing Jacob there would sort of mess up the memory I think.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?
Yeah. I expected her to completely freak out and faint or something. I thought she handled it really well, considering.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?
I knew they were wolves. So I knew they were important and going to be important, and paid more attention.

I thought they were goody-goody to the extreme. I had no idea what sort of powers they'd have being wolves, so I didn't know a great lot about the super strength and healing thing. I thought they were being cocky in numbers, but at least doing it for the good of something. I thought they were a bit arrogant.

I didn't like it. I mean, I was glad that she wasn't doing it alone, because she'd be lost before you could say meadow and have no idea where she was going or what she was doing... But it was still Edward's place, and Jacob should not be there. I was glad she found it alone in the end.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood? No I don't think she's as sensitive to it as she used to be. She's learned to calm herself down.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it? When Billy didn't sound to concerned about the bears like Charlie was it made me suspicious

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story? With Billy not being suspicious and him treating Sam with respect again I started to have my suspicions that they may be involve somehow.

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob? I didn't understand why she would do that with Jacob at all even I new it would be painful for her to go there. It's like how she didn't want to ride motorcycles with Edward in Eclipse why would she want to share Edwards meadow with Jacob??
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Yes -- especially considering she passed out after smelling one small drop of blood in Twilight.

Well, I didn't think as much time would have been spent describing them & talking about them if they weren't important. I knew werewolves were coming before I read the book so I was pretty sure this was foreshadowing.

I liked Jacob, of course, but I wasn't sure about the other guys. Quil & Embry just seemed like your typical teenage boys and I got a bad impression of the rest of the guys from Jacob talking about them.

I couldn't really blame her for looking for it -- and couldn't be mad at her for betraying Edward because he'd already made the ultimate betrayal by leaving. In some ways, she may have been stringing Jacob along & using him.

Image Image Image
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Yeah, I thought she'd freak.

Yeah I did.

I knew they were something, and would play a bigger part later.

I thought it was kinda funny, it was hers and Edwards spot, and Jake isn't really Edwards biggest fan
**Kathryn**
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

yes, i thought that there would have been a larger reaction but i guess shes been so "emotionally tired" that she was still waking up and that part of her hadnt come back yet.

i thought nothing of it till it stared to pop up everywhere. then it annoyed me!!

iffy. i didnt know a lot about them to really have an opinion.

i respect jacob with all my heart but i saw it as some kind of betrayal. that was bella and edwards place and it should be kept that way. now dont get me wrong, i love jacob, but i saw it as a bit intrusive.
Betting on Alice.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I think she was really trying to not pass out. Especially cos she knows how hard the Cullens tried when she cut herself at the birthday party, so I think she thinks "if they can do it, so can I". Eg. breathing thorugh the mouth instead of the nose.

I thought it was weird that it kept coming up, so it must have been important. I had no idea what it would mean tho.

I din't like them. They were hurting Jake, and I trusted his opinion, so I thought they must have been some kind of "gang" too.

I didn't like it. The meadow is Edward and Bella's place! Nothing to do wit Jake!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

A little. I expected her to feel all dizzy and that. But she didn't...

At that point, I was sure they were wolves. And of course they were going to play a future role in the book, a very important one.

I didn't know what to think... so I just kept reading.

I felt sorry for Jacob. He was all happy spending his time with her, and she was trying to find Edward's meadow.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

Not really,.. she was so distracted by everything going on. Plus she probably had a concussion lol

I still didn't think very much of it,.. I knew from Twilight to expect the unexpected.

Irritated.. hall moniters gone bad.. haha I figured it was like a tribal thing, maybe drugs or something weird. I wasn't super super concerned with it. It's so hard for me to read New Moon, I always feel half distracted and trying not to rush through the pages to find Edward ;)

I didn't really like that at all! It was Edward's special spot that noone knew about except Bella. I understand the reasonings and how she probably would never be able to find it by herself,.. but I didn't think she should bring Jacob there!
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

Yeah, I was a little. But maybe in her mind she was preparing for a life of being a vampire and got used to it. Or like the user above me said, she probably had a concussion and didn't realize she was bleeding.

I knew it was going to be something big, I still just didn't know what it was.

They bothered me a little bit. I was starting to really like Jacob and I didn't like how they seemed to be waiting on him. Wanting him to join. I was upset that he was upset.

I thought it was a little weird. That was her and Edwards' spot. I think if Bella could, she'd find it own her own. As she said later on, she was glad when she found and that it wasn't like she remembered. She was glad that Jacob couldn't see her bad reaction to it.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.