A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
I_love_Bloodsuckers
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 12 ~ Intruder

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes? I first suspected that Jacob was a werewolf when Bella had the dream, I had a feeling he had to be something mystical, too. :)

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else? I'm not sure....

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not? I thought it was pretty interesting, Jacob being a werewolf. I was not really surprised, I kinda expected Jacob to be something more than human, though that never crossed my mind with the whole campfire scene in Twilight, I didn't think Jacob was going to be so important in the next stories, it came more to mind as I noticed Jacob had more importance in the story that he must've been something more. I did like it, actually. It seems.....different. I dunno, just interesting, a vampire being your lover, and a werewolf being your best buddy. Strange, and unusual, but I found it fascinating.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse? I wasn't to sure if it really affected me on my perspective of Jake.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring? Not really. I knew that they were 'the protectors' and I thought they couldn't be the killers, it had to be more twisted than that, if you get what I mean, there had to be something more about those murders than: Jacob and his pack killing people.....BAM! No.....

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done? I'm not interiley sure, I can't remember that part. Sorry. :P
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related
CullenLove
Settled in Forks

Post by CullenLove »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?
When Laurent and Bella were at the meadow and a pack of werewolves came.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?
Guilt. Because he was breaking a promise from Sam and all those other people.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?
I don't like it. I loved the old Jacob.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?
It probably redeemed him because now, he can talk without his wolf gang friends watching him.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
At first, of course. I never thought Jacob would do that. And I thank god it wasn't him.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?
Bella and Jacob were best friends. If I was put into a situation like that, I would definitely warn him.
What if I'm not the hero?
What if I'm the bad guy?
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?
I think I knew for sure when he came to see her and was talking to her about the legends he had told her the first time they met. I think right around there is probably when I suspected it also. I was never really sure until then. I was suspicious of his drastic changes, but I wasn't totally sure of their reason.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?
I think I assumed it was guilt at saying something the he knew strongly that he shouldn't say. I just thought that he really wanted to tell her but on the other hand I could see that if he did he would betraying some sort of trust between him and the rest of the "gang". I also think his was warring about whether or not it would put Bella in more danger if she knew the truth, and then on the other hand he didn't want to hurt her.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?
It surprised me a little bit. But then when he started to explain things it all started to make sense to me. I liked it, I thought it was cool that the legend was true and was founded in so much ancestral history. I also was glad that there was someone around that could protect Bella.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?
At first it made things worse, I was just as mad at him as Bella was. Then I was kind of frustrated that he was there to supposedly make ammends and explain himself, but he was being cryptic. Later, of course, I understood the reasons for him being cryptic at first.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
I didn't think so, but there was a part of me that was afraid that they were, but then I would just remind myself of Jacob's genuine goodness.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?
I thought she would warn him, she cares about him too much not to, whether she wants to admit it to herself or not. I would have told him if I was Bella.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I was kind of suspicious of his drastic changes.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?\
I think it was fear that prompted his sudden silences. He wants to tell her, he really does, but he probably thinks she is going to be too freaked out to care.

I didnt like it. I loved it. I thought it was awesome. Now there is someone else who is suppose to be just a myth.

I never hated him even after being so mean to Bella. Sure he should have tried harder to tell her. But I never hated him. It just made me feel better that he was going to try to get Bella to understand.

Nope. After the way they went after Laurent. I would say that they were protecting people. They could have easily killed Bella too if they were murderers.

I think that she should warn him. I would have.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
xxabbsxx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxabbsxx »

I knew he was or was going to be a werewolf in the first book when Bella had the nightmare with Edward, Jacob, and Mike in it. Where Jacob was gone and a wolf was there in his place..

I think he was trying to give her clues about what he was without actually telling her or giving her "too revealing" clues. He was just afraid that the pack might rip his head off if he actually told Bella the truth.

At first, the relationship and the whole part with Jacob honestly bored me. There was nothing exciting in it. I knew from Twilight that he was going to be a werewolf already, but when he finally came around to being one, I thought, EXCELLENT, now we can get this story going!

He was being very cryptic. I felt like he didn't actually want to be mean to Bella and he was only acting that way because he was trying to hide something, and like he said "keep her safe".

I was debating with that one myself. It made it sound like they were the ones responsible, but when they wolves totally passed Bella in the meadow and went for Laurent, I knew that it wasn't them.

If Jacob's my best friend, I would definately warn him, but I would want an explanation in return!
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

I spoiled this book for myself before I even stated to read it. So it wasn't any surprise

it was a mix of fear and deciding how to word what he is about to say

it goes along with his background and I think it makes sense. It wasn't surprising

I'd glad he did that because otherwise Bella would of came to the wrong conclusions. He did redeem himself in a way, but in a way he made things worse.

I'm not sure

I think that she will wanr them and I probably would do the same.
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

Right in the meadow, I knew it.

At first I was like, God, Jake spit it out. But then I realized he couldn't speak... it was physically impossible for him to go on. I was scared for him.

I was surprised at first. I liked it, yeah. I thought it was really cool. But then I thought, man, this is too much. Bella's head is going to explode.

Totally redeemed him. I was glad that he tried the best he could. I loved Jacob once again!

I found it really hard to believe that Jacob would kill anybody. And I was shocked that Bella would think such a thing... but of course, stranger things have happened. But I remembered that wolves had one enemy, the Vampires, so I was pretty sure they weren't killing anybody.

I thought she should go warn him. Like I said, I knew they weren't killing anybody, I knew that if Victoria followed her there she would get killed... so I thought she had nothing to lose and everything to gain by going.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

I figured it out once he got sick.

I thought it was something binding him from telling like some sort of spell (don't laugh they have just about eveything else in this book)

No it wasn't surprizing and I didn't like it, it turned him into a jerk.

It kinda redeemed him, but not by much.

actually yeah... :oops:

I thought she should, I would've.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

-I figured it out when she did, it never even crossed my mind even after reading Twilight

-Well it always just seemed like he really wanted to tell her since Jacob was always open and honest to Bella, but it was very obvious to me that he couldn't tell her because he wasn't allowed.

-I really loved that he was a werewolf. Not only was he her best friend but he was someone that could also protect her.

-I really think he redeem himself. I could definitely feel the guilt and hurt in his voice and I just wanted to embrace him back right then and there. I loved how he reminded her about the promise he made to her that night they all got sick from the theater.

- Well at first I suspected, until Laurent appeared in the meadows. When I noticed how they didn't attacked Bella as well I knew it couldn't have been them.

- I thought she should have warned him.
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

When Bella figured out what Jake was.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off. Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?
I didn't know why he couldn't finish his sentences.

Yes, I was surprised, but I was fine with it, as long as he didn't hurt Bella.

I felt better about him.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
No, I didn't think Jake could do something like that.

I thought she would warn him. I would have been too scared to go myself.