A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 13 - Confessions

Post by Stacia »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?
In the meadow, Edward says to Bella, "You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever." I think for Bella, it was her response, "....I'd rather die than stay away from you."

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?
Well, I've already read Midnight Sun, but I can officially say that EVERY single moment is what I'm looking forward to. I really hope Stephenie continues because I can't WAIT to find out what Edward is thinking during the meadow scene....and at the car afterwards.....

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?
In being teenagers, its their need for physical contact.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
I don't have just one...I love the whole stinkin chapter.....that chapter could melt butter!!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?
In this part (I believe it's been awhile I could be mistaken) it is the first time Bella says out loud that she loves Edward. And Edward's confession is how scared he is to hurt her because in his own way he is saying he loves her.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?
When he sparkles in the sun for her and when she leans in to kiss him what is his inner reaction.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?
Bella: how she really wants to kiss him and how it is so natural just to lean in like that. Edward: I can't think right now and my copy of Twilight is lent out so I can't reread either.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
When he kisses her and she passes out and then he says "are you still feint from the run or was it my kissing expertiece. LOVE IT =]
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Elsbyth
Settled in Forks

Post by Elsbyth »

"Isabella." He pronounced my full name carefully, then playfully ruffled my hair with his free hand. A
shock ran through my body at his casual touch. "Bella, I couldn't live with myself if I ever hurt you. You
don't know how it's tortured me." He looked down, ashamed again. "The thought of you, still, white,
cold… to never see you blush scarlet again, to never see that flash of intuition in your eyes when you see
through my pretenses… it would be unendurable." He lifted his glorious, agonized eyes to mine. "You are
the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever."

Does it GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT?
"This is enough," I sighed, closing my eyes. That's it for Bella - whatever it is as long as they are together, she is at peace.

Oh I read them - and they were fantastic. Better than "Twilight". Since it's only 264 pages and not complete thus far my favorite (and it's a hard choice) is the car accident from Edward's perspective.

I think their humanity is best displayed in the wonder and discovery of each other. It's all so new to them both, to be able to experience the discovery of new emotions, new reactions, new depths of their feelings at the same time - that's an unbelievable experience that few ever can even imagine.

I love the humor in the romance between them. Their attraction and their emotion for each other is filled with such intensity that I so enjoyed the moments where they could laugh with each other. After Edward takes her running for the first time and he's so gentle with her when they reach the truck, their easy banter makes it easy to see that these two are perfect for each other.
Melarian
Settled in Forks

Post by Melarian »

On Bella's side the most meaningful confession is that she would rather die than stay away from Edward. On Edward's side it is the confession how very tempting Bella was to him on her first day and how she is still "exactly his brand of heroin", making him more dangerous for her than he is for anyone else.

Everything!

First of all by the way they act toward each other. Their affection for each other and the physical contact; way they test how far they can go. Their akwardness as they both never experienced a situation like that before.

The moment they declare themselves to each other. Edward telling her that she is the most important thing to him ever and Bella telling him that she would rather die than stay away from him.
Also, the moment when Edward touches her, telling her to be still while he holds her head in his hands and rests his cheek against her throat.
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part? bella's is when she tells edward it's obvious she'd rather die than stay away from him. edward's is when he tells bella she's the most important thing in his life now, the most important thing ever.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading? his thoughts in the meadow. pls finish it stephenie :cry:

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter? the difference in their skin.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you? of course "so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." part.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

His hunt

i don't get the question....i'm dumb today =P

all of them...it's so hard to choose. loll
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

Bella's most meaningful confession is telling Edward how much she feels for him, and how badly she really wants to be with him.

Edward's confession is how attracted to her blood he is, and how dangerous (of course) that it is for them to be alone because he might not bring her back.

I look forward to everything, actually! I can't wait to read Edward's side of the story!

To Bella, to be truly human, you have to feel compassion, I think. You have to have empathy, kindness, etc.

To Edward, to be human you have to have a beating heart, warm skin, and blood. At least, that's the impression I get.

The whole thing, really. I loved this chapter.
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

Bella's is probably her self-doubt in being worthy of him. That is a very difficult thing to admit to anyone, that you feel unworthy of them. Edward's is how difficult it really is to be around her. He doesn't want her to be afraid, he doesn't want to her to be in danger, and this confession is both frightening and is openly admitting to both her and himself that he is a danger to her.

I want to know exactly what he's thinking during this whole scene, particularly when she admits her feelings for him. I've read the 12 chapters, and I love every time he gets that giddy "omg she likes me!" feeling. I can't imagine how great his reaction will be when he learns with certainty how she feels for him

How they touch each other, almost in an exploratory manner rather than a sexual one. They are discovering each other with the curiousity that defines humanity.

When they are touching each other, as mentioned above. It's the gentle nature of it all that I love, the way they are trusting each other.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part? On Bella's part: when she tells him she's afraid because she'd like to stay with him much more than she should. On Edward's part: telling her how it was for him the first time he smelled her and how strong her blood pulls him. He now can tell her the exact conflict going on inside him; he's telling her everything about himself, laying it all on the line for her to see... and she UNDERSTANDS all that and still wants to be with him! How powerful is that!? :!: :!:

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading? I confess, I have read the copy of MS that SM posted! I get goosebumps when I read of all the things he's been doing... I am looking most forward to reading what is going through his mind when Bella touches him...is he revelling in the newness of it, or is he still fighting the urge to kill her, even though he fed the night before? I want to know what he's saying on page 260 when he tells Bella he is singing to himself; is he actually singing, or is he talking himself into being prepared for this day? I want to know what he felt when they kissed... ok, the whole chapter!!!

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter? When Edward listens to her heart beating, when he tells her he wishes she could feel the complexity and confusion he feels- the thirst for her blood, and now the hunger for HER that is new to him.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you? Page 277, when Bella traces his facial features... romance doesn't always have to be some grand gesture... the simplest things can be the most romantic.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

for bella it's her telling edward the depth of her feelings and how she feels like she is inadequate for him. for edward it's telling bella about the attraction her blood had for him. he told her about how he had wanted to kill her and i think those were very hard feelings for him to tell anyone, let alone bella, the one he wanted to kill in the first place. it's a really nice moment for both of them, and it's really touching.

yeah, i read midnight sun, i couldnt help it. i absolutely love reading about what he is thinking and feeling and knowing what he does when he isn't with bella. i really hope she publishes it because, seriously, that book will be amazing. i find myself sitting there when i'm reading twilight wondering what this chapter would be like in midnight sun. it's getting to be a problem, like, i reeeally neeeed this book to be published. i need to finish it!

they both show the most human of emotions in this chapter. edward is still very much human and bella wakes that up in him. he is feeling things that he has never felt before and never thought he would. and bella is also feeling the same thing. they both are new to love. and they're both completely in love. being in love is the most human thing i know.

oh geez, everything really. bella running her fingers along his arm and hand, edward resting his head on bella's heart. it was really beautiful the way they did it cautiously too, they were both in love already at this point, it was slow and meaningful, and not in the sexual way either. it's pretty much what i envision when i think of the word 'love.'
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3