A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
biteme21
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

Post by biteme21 »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
I was worried the whole time that Bella was around those men. Yeah i kinda had the idea that Edward would show up and save her. its a classic "Man saves the woman he loves" thing.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?

I was deffinatly not worried about Bella, i was more worried that Edward would go back and kill those men in front of Bella. Plus who could be afraid of Edward ;).

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?

I was very suprised that he was honest so quickly, it suprised me that he actually told Bella. I kinda had guessed that he could do something to do with mind reading.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
My theory was that Edward couldnt hear Bella because her thoughts were so different from everyone else. she was much more complex than other peoples.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?

HA! cmon if Edward was stalking you wouldnt you be so excited? i would be very pleased ;). plus he was so in love with her, and for Edward, it kinda made sense what he did.
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
I had some idea in the back of my head that he would come. But I still was worried that he was going to show up a little bit too late and she wouldn't be able to get away from them.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I wasn't ever afraid of him and I wasn't worried for Bella really, because it wasn't her that he was upset about. I didn't know why he was that upset. I mean he did get there in time.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
I knew something was up but I was surprised that he was so open about it. I thought he was going to hide his secrets until a little bit later in the story. But the restaurant scene is definitely one of my favorites I wouldn't have it any other way.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
I thought it had to do with the mystery of why they were so attracted to each other. But I really wasn't sure. Obviously that's not the case.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
It didn't really concern me, I like that he's overprotective. I kind of thought it was stalker like, but I wasn't really creeped out about it.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

There was always something in the back of my head saying " Edward HAS to show up.. it would be perfect!" haha but I was scared for her.. especially when she realized they were "herding" her.. SCARY! 0.o

I thought it was sweet how upset he was. He really cared about Bella's safety. I was alot like Bella.. I was never REALLY afraid of Edward.. just wondering what on Earth he could be thinking..

I was very surprised! I thought he would hold out longer than that.. I had a feeling that was his secret.. just bc theres no way he would know where Bella was.. it also explained a lot of his reactions throughout the book

I had nooo idea! I thought there was just something very wrong.. lol

I didnt think it was stalkerish.. it was cute! He was watching over her.. keeping her safe! The only thing thought was stalkerish was him watching her sleep that s all :)
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-i was worried for bella when she first noticed the guys. i knew something bad was gonna happen, though i didnt think edward was gonna show up.

-i know this will sound weird, but i thought his reaction was sweet. it shows how much he cares for bella and her safety. i wasnt worried for bella, i knew edward wouldnt hurt her and that there wasnt a reason to be afraid of him.

-i was suprised ! i wouldve thought it would take some more time for him to trust bella enough to admit that. his ability to read minds was a suprise also, i wouldnt of guessed that haha.

-i thought that maybe it had to do with their attraction and connection to each other.

-if it was anyone else, i would be like, whoa, your a stalker. but with edwards its different, hes just looking out for bella's safety, hes not like watching her undress or anything creepy like that.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

Right away I knew that Bella was in danger, but I knew that nothing was gonna happen to her. I wasn't all that surprised when Edward's volvo showed up.

I think that was the first time I was acctually scared of Edward. He finally seemed like the vampire I knew he was. I wasn't at all concerend about Bella's safety, but I was worried that Edward was going to turn the car around and rip of the thugs' heads.

I was actually surprsied by how quickly he told her. But I guess he just felt it was time she knew the truth. But I never saw that one coming. I thought that being a vampire was his only secret.

I didn't really have an explanation. I think I just thought what Edward thought at the time: her mind ran on AM and he was only getting FM.

It didn't bother me until he told her that he had watched her sleep without her knowing for a few months. That was a little too stalkerish for me. Sometimes I just want to yell at him to let the poor girl have enought room breath.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I had no idea that Edward would show up but from the moment the thugs said Hi to Bella as they were passing I was nervous for her.

I was worried that he would try to kill those guys and he seemed to be much more upset than he should have been.

Yes, I couldn't believe that he gave up that secret so quickly.

I really didn't have a theory about why he couldn't hear her, I just accepted it.

It seemed kind of stalkerish to me but then I just brushed it off.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
palistus
Settled in Forks

Post by palistus »

i was worried the whole time i thought something terrible was going to happen to bella
i thought it was perfect, why shouldnt he have that feeling, i wish he did go back to kill them
the only thing i can think of is the "lovers keep no secrets" thing and he was crazy about her, also because she alrdy knew about him being a vampire and all of them have powers
my theory was that he didnt have any time to think about that in his mind he loved her so much, in other words he loved her more then anyone else that he always reads the mind of and so he cant find room to do it. my other theory is that her mind somehow resists his and maybe if she ever turns into a vampire her power will have something to do with it.
i dont think its stalking i think its protecting. its always good to protect your girlfriend because you know if anything happens to her you wouldnt be able to live without her and you would feel agony and grief for a long time.
øø„¸ ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨ copy and paste if
¨°º¤ø„¸ Linkin Park, ¤º°¨ you think LP
¸„ø¤º°¨ owns! ``°º¤ø„, rocks!
„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤

the power of edward vs linkin park = godzilla vs mothra 2.0!!!
gossipgirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by gossipgirl »

I always had some idea that Edward would show up just in time. I mean, he is her own personal life saver. ;)

I loved how he reacted. It just showed how much he cared for Bella. And when he said he couldn't let Bella leave him because he might hunt down those thugs, it just showed that he never wants hurt anyone when Bella was around... so how can he ever hurt Bella herself?

No, I think at the moment he already knew that Bella had an idea of what he might be so he might as well just spill.

Hmmm. I had no idea too. :lol:

Not a stalker, just a protector. If it had been someone else, it would have been stalkerish. But Edward was so protective and such a gentleman that the word "stalker" never crossed my mind. It was also sweet how he loved to just watch her sleep.
I don't need a knight in shining armor. I'd settle for a vampire in a silver Volvo.
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

Yikes! When the thugs were like... "Don't be like that, sugar." It creeped me out. I was like... EDWARD! But I knew she wasn't going to die, because there was more to the book.

It touched me, oddly enough. If you read the first post, I mentioned that I put myself in Bella's position, and it made feel feel that Edward actually cared about me. i was like... aww and YES! at the same time.

Kind of. I mean, I always knew there was something different about them, and he knew that she knew something, so the truth couldn't be denied any longer.

Since she was so mature for her age, her brain wasn't like everyone else's. That's as well as I can explain t.

I thought it was so cute. And like... amazing. I mean, everyone wants a guardian angel, right? So it's a bonus if he is amazing. I don't see Edward as a stalker. The line is blurred when you are in love.
~Bee Marie
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

When she saw that two of the guys were following her and the other two where at the end of the street. That scared me. I mean what do you do? Scream? Try to fight them off? scary :?

Afraid of him? No, i was happy he showed up.

It seemed natural for him to open up to her because she was obviously trying to figure him out for what he was so..why not I guess? The mind reading was a surprise, but it was not at the same time, I mean in my head it makes sense LOL.

She was special. That was my theory. Deep, I know. :roll:

Umm, no. Which is weird because normally I dislike guys that want to keep tabs on girls BUT..this is fiction and a love story so it did not bother me. I did not see him as a creepy stalker guy. I saw him as a "falling totally and completely in love with Bella vampire" :mrgreen: