Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by Chernaudi »

My personal take on Nessie as an adult is basically pretty much as yours(by the way, I didn't steal your ideas-I wrote my two stories before I knew of The Profit's Child, but the coincidence may be because I based my Renesmee off of a friend of mine who's a teenage girl/young adult woman), except that she's a little goth and not quite as spoiled-of course, Renesmee is a little spoiled(or at least the temptation for her family to spoil her is there-the Cullen family is rich and usually easy going, remember), but she doesn't let it get to her, as her parents raise her with such values, and she cares about others-including humans and hybrids. And she's a little shy(in Dark Side of the Moon, which I wish I could post where ever the fan fiction is posted here, she acts akwardly when she meets the lead male character in the first chapter until late in their initial conversation), but she's also kinda a Kristen Stewart-esque feminine tomboy-she wears dresses and make up, does her nails, etc, but is a big car girl(in Echoes, she becomes the only private owner of an Audi R15 racing car-remember, my story, I make it up!:) ), and often wears a T-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes, too.

I know that I'm making Nessie sound like every male Twilight fans' dream girl, but she has that effect on people-in the story and sometimes to the readers. And of course, she's one of the more interesting characters because her future isn't so set in stone, and only Stephenie Meyer knows what the future really holds for Renesmee.

But back to my question, as I pugged my wish to be posted fan fiction, does anyone think that Bella and Edward's personality changes since Bella became a vampire would help or hurt Renesmee, especially considering that Nessie will likely have enough problems of her own growing up at first without her parents being sullen and self-depreciating? I and Amanda have given our thoughts-anyone else care to venture a guess?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

Heart_in_Hand wrote:
Kachiti wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:Yay, a new Renesmee thread shinier than her parents in the sun! Last topic was how Nessie would react if a member of her family had an accident... actually, last topic was that we needed a new thread. New Question:

Which members of her family do you think Nessie will be closest to when she grows up? Which parent?
I'm going to say Alice. Nessie's to smart to keep hanging around Rosalie. Parent wise, it would be Bella.
I think she would still hang out with Rose. I don't particularly like her, but I don't really think she is a bad influence on Nessie. Like you said, Nessie is smart, and is not likely to pick up the same self-absorbed behaviors that Rose has. In any case, Rosalie is family, and she does love Renesmee, so I don't see why Nessie would not want to be around her.

On the same note, Alice might not want to be around Nessie much because of how she clouds her vision. In the book SM never writes about Alice holding Nessie. I never got the feeling they are the least bit close. That might have something to do with the fact that Alice is gone throughout most of the third section of BD, but still, when she was around she seemed to me to avoid Renesmee. Not to say that Alice doesn't love her, because she does go out of her way before she leaves to make sure Bella has a way to make Nessie safe, I just think that fact that Renesmee makes it hard for her to see the future make Alice keep her distance.
The reason why Alice never seems to hold Renesmee is because it gives Alice a headache. I think she gets that because she can't see her in her visions, but they seem to be about Renesmee. And she was trying to be around Jacob as much as possible when he was in their house because he's like a Tylenol for her as Stephanie described.
ImageImageImage
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Anyone think that it's the 24 chromosones why Alice can't see Jacob and can't clearly see Renesmee?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I don't know if it's chromosomes exactly but something like that... she said she can see vampires because she is one, and human because she was one. Humans and vampires have different chromosomes but it's like Alice retained something from her human body to allow her to still them.
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

Cullen_Lover wrote:
Heart_in_Hand wrote:I think she would still hang out with Rose. I don't particularly like her, but I don't really think she is a bad influence on Nessie. Like you said, Nessie is smart, and is not likely to pick up the same self-absorbed behaviors that Rose has. In any case, Rosalie is family, and she does love Renesmee, so I don't see why Nessie would not want to be around her.

On the same note, Alice might not want to be around Nessie much because of how she clouds her vision. In the book SM never writes about Alice holding Nessie. I never got the feeling they are the least bit close. That might have something to do with the fact that Alice is gone throughout most of the third section of BD, but still, when she was around she seemed to me to avoid Renesmee. Not to say that Alice doesn't love her, because she does go out of her way before she leaves to make sure Bella has a way to make Nessie safe, I just think that fact that Renesmee makes it hard for her to see the future make Alice keep her distance.
The reason why Alice never seems to hold Renesmee is because it gives Alice a headache. I think she gets that because she can't see her in her visions, but they seem to be about Renesmee. And she was trying to be around Jacob as much as possible when he was in their house because he's like a Tylenol for her as Stephanie described.
Isn't that what I said? Or are you just agreeing with me? I did leave out the headache thing, because I thought I got the point across without mentioning it, but it only serves to further prove my point. Alice would not be close to Nessie because of the trouble it causes her with her visions. She loves Nessie I'm sure, but with the fuzziness and headaches Alice is going to want to avoid her as much as possible.
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
absolution
Settled in Forks

Post by absolution »

Heart_in_Hand wrote:
Cullen_Lover wrote:
Heart_in_Hand wrote:I think she would still hang out with Rose. I don't particularly like her, but I don't really think she is a bad influence on Nessie. Like you said, Nessie is smart, and is not likely to pick up the same self-absorbed behaviors that Rose has. In any case, Rosalie is family, and she does love Renesmee, so I don't see why Nessie would not want to be around her.

Isn't that what I said? Or are you just agreeing with me? I did leave out the headache thing, because I thought I got the point across without mentioning it, but it only serves to further prove my point. Alice would not be close to Nessie because of the trouble it causes her with her visions. She loves Nessie I'm sure, but with the fuzziness and headaches Alice is going to want to avoid her as much as possible.
Actually the only reason Nessie was giving Alice headaches was because she was trying to see how Bella was going to end up after the pregnancy was. But because Nessie was inside Bella and because of the constant change of the rapidly growing baby Bella became fuzzy to Alice and that gave her the headaches.

Alice would want to be around Nessie because it she is her aunt and she would not get a headache she would just see nothing, like when she spent time near Jacob or Seth to avoid the headaches she was having. The 24 chromosome pair people in the story don't cause Alice to have a headache it was only that one part with Bella and Nessie's futures being so bound together.

Alice probably got bad headaches while trying to look for Nahuel as well since she was searching for the blank 'blind spot' withing the futures that were clear.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

What would on think of Renesmee if she was a little emo or goth-not in attitude, but in her fashion and taste in music?

dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

Alice does spend time with Renesmee in Breaking Dawn...on day 2 after Bella wakes up, she's one of the family laughing at Renesmee playing with the spoons. She also does the morning fashion shows for Renesmee with Rose and is helping compile her baby album.

However, she's not at all maternal, unlike both Rose and Esme, so I get why she's never the one to hold Renesmee while she sleeps....she probably just wouldn't see the interest in doing that, whereas both Rose & Esme are obviously adoring having a baby in the house. There are a few comments in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn about how Alice's attitude to children is so different because she doesn't remember being human at all...having a child was never something she thought about, let aone wanted desperately the way Rose & Esme did.

Alice can't see Renesmee because she's a different species, with 24 chromosomes. Alice sees vamps best because she is one and she sees humans okay because she was one, but she can't see the "half-breed"s at all.

Edited to add...

I have a question that another post on the Quileutes made me think of...does Renesmee have the potential to have children?

I'm assuming so because Jacob imprinted (presumably to get super strong werewolf pups with a 1/4 vamp in them!) but it's not mentioned in the books. She is living, breathing, heart pumping, but will she get periods and fertile cycles? I wonder if SM ever explained this? I'm assuming she thought it through. Wow, that's a sucky thought though...getting periods FOREVER, whilst living with vamps! :shock: :?
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

dazzledBrit My one fanfic, The Prophet's Child, centers around Renesmee when she's full grown, and my take is that yes, she can have children. Although she no longer ages, her heart beats, lungs breath, blood flows, and she eats food. It means her insides do "change" in order to use the oxygen and expel CO2, digest food etc. So that's a yes from me.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Dazzledbrit~ Oh, the age old question lol. I can't even count the amount of discussions I've been in over this topic but my answer remains the same. I personally believe that the whole reason a wolf imprints is to find the person most likely to pass down the werewolf gene. Following that line of thought, it only makes sense that Nessie can produce children, otherwise it wouldn't be practical for Jacob to imprint on her (unless SM just needed a happy ending for Jacob, but our fearless leader would NEVER do something like that, right?).

I agree that Renesmee would have the same effect on Alice as Jacob, since Alice can't see anything that concerns Renesmee it would be like Tylenol to her. I also agree that Alice might not spend as much time holding and cuddling Renesmee because she doesn't remember what it's like to be human, she never had the desire to have a child. But then again that same line of thought could be used to ask how is it that she loves Jasper the way she does if she doesn't remember it from her human life?? Hmm, not even going to go down that road lol.