Edward Cullen #4

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: Edward Cullen #4

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Woah. *claps* That was great SenorGimp.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

eclipserox wrote:I agree with Esme Echo. At that point, Edward would do ANYTHING that might save Bella's life, including share her, give her up, let her have a baby with someone else and then take her back...anything. I do think he must have known it was a long shot. He was trying desperately to get through to Bella and nothing was working. This was a final failed attempt that he hoped might work, but didn't really expect to.
I agree with that completely. ^^^^ Talk about a 'burning' man with a 'burning' desire to save the woman he loved beyond life. I think the term 'burning' here would definitely imply all actions, reactions, feelings, thoughts, you name it. It certainly encompasses everything that Edward was at this moment.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

New question:

If Bella picked Jacob....what do you think Edward would do immediatly?
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:New question:

I truly believe that would have shattered him. There could be no other reaction from him. Bella is the core of his existence and that would have hurt deeply. Yes, he would have lived with her decision as he said he would in Fire & Ice. But, he also stated that Jacob may leave Bella and like Sam & Emily, Jacob would not have a choice and Edward would be waiting for that to happen. Edward would have stepped in and swept her away. Of course, that would have blown the whole 'imprinting' thing out the window because Jacob found his soul-mate in Renesmee, so maybe he never would have imprinted with anyone and he & Bella would have lived out a 'normal' life. *sticks out lower lip in full pout mode* *sniffs* No Edward & Bella? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Immediately, he would have on a front to hide how much pain he was in, but if it was truly what Bella wanted (hard to believe that...) then he would be gentlemanly, maybe even shake Jacob's hand, tell him to keep her safe... I also think he manage to remind Jacob of what he said he'd do, that he'd be on the sidelines in case he ever left her.

Then I think he would go off on his own for a bit to sort out his feelings. But, if it was truly what Bella wanted and she was happy, some part of him would be happy knowing that.

At least thats what I think...

:)
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
ariadnee
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ariadnee »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Describe Edward's emotions after Bella's kiss with Jacob. Or write a few sentences in his perspecctive in that sitautation
SenorGimp - that was great! I could really hear Edward in your prose! I really love that sort of thing. Yes, please think about writing some more Edward POV fanfic - it'd make my day, really. I could listen to pretty much everything narrated by Edward. His mind is my favorite place to dwell.

I have to give it my best shot too - this was just too tempting a offer to resist....

Jealousy and anger flowed within me, and their strength was such that I locked myself down, so I wouldn't scare Bella. Of course I was jealous of Jacob! That she had kissed him willingly, rested in his arms, and known that she loved him. And I was angry - angry at Jacob's brute emotional blackmail and his physical force with her. My vision seemed to turn red at the corners with bloodlust at the thought. These reactions were so natural to me these days, especially as regarded Jacob. I marshalled my control once again, and forced myself to relax a degree. It was tougher than it had been last night in the tent, and that had been...agonizing. But it was even more important than ever that I keep a clear head about this.

I focused my thoughts on what was important. She loved him. My poor, sweet, Bella was in love with him. I had known it, down in the deepest reaches of heart, but I had been in denial...apparently just like Bella had been. All of my bitter jealousy had been caused by this - that she loved him but didn't know it, and wouldn't admit it. That it would always be something that threatened to come between us, because it was hidden, something we couldn't discuss, couldn't face. Now it was out in the open - Jacob knew it, Bella knew it, I knew it, even the pack knew it.

I felt the strangest emotion - relief. My unnamed fears were gone. I realized that I had been afraid that Bella would never figure this out, and would end up regretting that she had never seriously considered a life with Jacob. Now she knew, and whatever choice she made, it would be an informed one. As much as I feared some of the possible outcomes of that choice, for one reason or another, I was no longer afraid of her making the choice.

It's got a lot of similarities with what Senorgimp wrote, I know. I wrote about twice as much, to get into and out of the scene in the tent. If you'd like it - let me know.

Thanks for listening. - Ariadnee
"None of us can choose where we will love." - Erik, from Susan Kay's Phantom

I've written an Edward POV fanfic for New Moon: http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story ... &chapter=1
hrtwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by hrtwilight »

Senior Gimp and Adrienne-you both just made my day!!!

Senior Gimp-wow, you have to write more, PLEASE. You immediately took me into Edward's head. It was AWESOME. You know Edward so well, your writting style is the way in which I envision him thinking (very similiar to MD).

Adrienne-I loved yours too. I especially loved the fact that Edward was relieved, that he realized that this had been the source of his jealousy and an "elephant in the room" kind of thing w/ he and Bella.

Both of you guys are AWESOME. Let me know if either of you write a fanfic. Oh hey, can anyone recommend any good "Edward" fanfics????
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Ariadnee, amazing! Wow. I feel completely in awe of both you and SenorGimp. Thank you both for sharing.

I do so love dwelling in Edward's head, so I will encourage everyone to stay there. I think one of the hardest times for me to get in there is during Renesmee's birth. It was so chaotic and Edward had to change gears so many times. So, the question to the crew is this:
Talk about what is going on in Edward's head during Renesmee's birth. What was he feeling? What was he thinking? What were the contingency he plans he was making?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Thank you again
I really liked yours Ariadnee, I didn't think to include relief into the myriad of emotions he was feeling, so you one-upped me there, though I don't think it was necessarily a competition.
I will be happy to write more from Edward's POV, and if you want to read a short little thing I wrote from Jasper's POV, check it out in the confederate army thread, on the second to last page, currently.
HRtwilight:
I have written a fan fic, co-written actually, with my love, and if you'd like to check it out, there is a link in my signature that you can follow right to it! :D

Okay, Edward's thoughts on Renesmee's birth.
Here goes:
She was in pain! My Bella, my sweet, sweet Bella was suffering and there was only one thing she wanted. To hold our child, the child she had fought for. The child she might yet die for.
What could I do but comply? I wordlessly handed Renesmee over to her mother, watching the flash of joy that overtook Bella's face, joy that quickly turned to a startled pain when our daughter sunk her diamond-hard teeth into her mother's breast.
In a flash I had taken Renesmee from Bella, handed her off to Rosalie and set to work. I was NOT going to lose her, I could not. The thought of it was unendurable.
"Keep her heart pumping!" I yelled at Jacob, as I slapped him out of his indecision, hearing the satisfying crunch of bone that signified his return to attention. And I worked. I took the syringe, full of my most potent venom, and injected it straight into her heart, forcefully pushing down the plunger to ensure that every drop made its way inside.
I tossed it away, dismissing it utterly from my mind. I bit her then, on her arms, her legs, the joints of her elbows. I slapped Jacob out of my way, with a much more substantial crack this time, indicating that the break had been more severe, but I didn't care. I shoved him out of the way, injecting my venom into her neck, shoulders, chest.
I didn't notice when Jacob left the room, didn't hear the timbre of his thoughts, or the murderous intent behind them. I beat furiously on her chest, willing her heart to pump. Just pump for me, once, please!
I worked over her for an unknowable period of time, drifting farther and farther into despair, until, at last, I heard it. Heard the labored sound of her heart beating on its own, transferring my venom to every point of her body. I slumped back then, hope swelling once more, as her heartbeat increased in tempo. She would survive this, I told myself, but my sweet, innocent, breakable human Bella would be gone forever.
Only then did I let my thoughts drift outward, and when I heard Jacob's mind, so different in nature to when he had left the room, my hands clenched into fists, and I barely noticed as I ripped the arm of the chair I had just sat down in clean off.
It seemed that if it wasn't one thing, you could count on the fact that it would always be another. I composed my thoughts as best I could, then went downstairs to meet my daughter, and the unholy union she had apparently developed with the dog!

Not my best work, but that's a hard scenario to unravel....
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:New question:

I would imagine that there are no words to describe how Edward would feel. For Bella's sake he would try to not let her know and keep all it all inside. I can imagine her telling him...
She would go up to him and explain, in depth, why she chose Jacob. I don't know what Edward would say, but I can imagine him kissing her forehead, and then turning and walking away...silently.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"