Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Esme Cullen

Post by debussygirl »

So you know how to get to the blog, right? twilightlexiconblog.com. from there, you go up at the top and there'll be a button that says "the lexicon timeline, bios" something like that. You click that, go to character bios, and then click on Cullen, Esme. They have her background there and her story. It's very interesting.
Or, if you would rather just click once, I'll post the link:
http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?p=22
But I think it's good to know, because they have everyone else's characters too, and timelines and personal correspondences, so it's interesting to look through.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

Thank you so much *hug*
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Time for Esme to have so love!

Do you think that she sided with Rosalie and Bella over the pregnancy because of the loss of her own baby when she was human?
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I think her choice to side with Bella and Rosalie was influenced slightly by the loss of her own child. Although more than anything, I think its because Esme is a mother herself, and she loves being a mother. She would never want to take away the chance at happiness and parenthood from Bella, especially when she sees how it has affected her eldest daughter.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

I think she knows how much it did hurt her and that she never got over it, she didn`t want Bella togo through the same.
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I would have to agree w/most people I LOVE Esme! She is just such an awesome character. I don't think I can add to what's already been said about her character. I wish she was in the stories more not like a background character. Especially in BD it would have been great to see her when she's preparing everything while Alice is getting Bella ready, like what is her reaction? (I'm sure she's very happy & excited that Edward is finally happy & has a person to love) but still it would've been nice to see her more & during the reception. And then when they get back from the honeymoon & during the pregnancy & then her reaction to Renesme (and her reaction to the baby being named after her.) I can picture Esme being a VERY PROUD & HAPPY GRANDMOTHER. So basically I just wish she was more central to the story!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Esme truly is an extraordinary character. Hmm..they should make a Team Esme thread! :mrgreen:
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I think its interesting that Esme chose to side with Bella and not Edward over the pregnancy. In the earlier books you see that Esme is willing to do anything to make Edward happy and also anything to keep her family safe. It seems like that would have lead her to want to save Bella for Edward and protect her family from the unknown fetus that could be a threat to her family (should it be as horrible as an immortal child...).

Perhaps her not going that route is evidence of her accepting Bella has her daughter, and now it is Bella's happiness that she is fighting for...

Thoughts? :)
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

roseaurora wrote:I think its interesting that Esme chose to side with Bella and not Edward over the pregnancy. In the earlier books you see that Esme is willing to do anything to make Edward happy and also anything to keep her family safe. It seems like that would have lead her to want to save Bella for Edward and protect her family from the unknown fetus that could be a threat to her family (should it be as horrible as an immortal child...).

Perhaps her not going that route is evidence of her accepting Bella has her daughter, and now it is Bella's happiness that she is fighting for...

Thoughts? :)
Even with Bella, who I think Esme did love as a daughter, I think she always had a soft spot for Edward and, if she had a favorite, it would always be Edward. But, in this particular situation, I think she truly agreed with Bella and understood first-hand how difficult it would be for Bella to lose a child. Esme was so upset when she lost her own little boy that she tried to kill herself. Maybe she was worried that if Edward got his way and aborted the baby, Bella would be so sad that she would try to kill herself, and then Edward would have lost her regardless. I don't think this would have happened, but if Esme was basing her decision on her own experiences, it makes sense that she would think it was a possibility. Esme showed that she loved Renesmee and treated her like a beloved granddaughter from day one. For Esme, Renesmee was never "the fetus," but always her grandchild.

As far as the fetus being an immortal child, I don't think that is possible. I think immortal children were human children who were transformed into vampires as children. Renesmee was half human and half vampire, not an immortal child. Esme, like the others, was probably scared that the legends of the incubus were true and Bella might die during the pregnancy. But, her understanding of how difficult it would be for Bella to lose the baby would make it so she would never side with Edward on aborting it, even if she thought it might kill Bella.
CelsHarlequinn
Settled in Forks

Post by CelsHarlequinn »

Yeah, she loves childern too much, and to do that, she would also cause bella pain.
How come Esme doessn't get as much screen time as the others? And Why did she react at the death of her child so hard at that time period (she was born when losing a child was natural)? I just don't get it. :oops: