Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
AliceLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by AliceLove »

huh, the whole Rose-Bella-Renesmee situation was a bit icky. I suppose all good books need a "eh" character like Rose, but whatever her own intentions were, Bella trusted her with her baby, and that's gonna have to be enough. But either way, the book ends happily, so no need to worry about Bella dying! :D

Thanks ilovetwilight!
~BabiiElzxVampiress~
Settled in Forks

Post by ~BabiiElzxVampiress~ »

I've always thought Rosalie was nice. Deep down. With the whole thing in Breaking Dawn with Renesmee I did NOT think that Rose was just after the baby, I mean she just wanted to by maternal (to Bella AND Renesmee.) So when she got a chance she took it, as would have I :D

xxx
Elz
xxx
I suffer from OCD,Obsessive Cullen Disorder
Forget Team Edward, Forget Team Jacob, I'm representing Team FANGIRL
How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto?
~Alice Cullen
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

but she didn't care at all about bella's life. she wasn't doing it to be NICE, she was doing it because she thought she'd get the baby if bella died.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:but she didn't care at all about bella's life. she wasn't doing it to be NICE, she was doing it because she thought she'd get the baby if bella died.
Yeah, agreed. I think we've beat that discussion to death earlier in the thread.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

i had just started to like Rosalie in the end of New Moon and in Eclipse.
but in BD, when she just didn't care about Bella....i mean, yeah, she had her reasons, but that is so selfish! i hated that and it ruined Rosalie's chances of me ever REALLY liking her. i think she's ok, but that whole thing just made me mad :x
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

agreed.
i thought it was odd, how SM built us up to hate her in NM and twilight and the beginning of eclipse, then showed us her humanity and reasoning and we liked her, and then she throws in the traits of rosalie that we hate. again? do you think that was her intent? if not, what was her intent?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
lauralovescullens
Wandering Through Town

Post by lauralovescullens »

i think Rose is a bit misunderstood. im a fan of hers and she really grated on me in Breaking Dawn with the whole Reneesme thing but i dont think she really is a bad person just a little bit vain. I dont know if its just me but Rose and Emmett dont really act like much of a couple.
I kept trying to kidnap Jasper but Alice is always at his window waiting for me. How does she kn- OH RIGHT!!!!
Private Laura Nicoll of Jaspers Confederate Army

Edberenjac12
Settled in Forks

Post by Edberenjac12 »

lauralovescullens wrote: I dont know if its just me but Rose and Emmett dont really act like much of a couple.
I agree with you, but we don't 'see' much of Rosalie and Emmett together unless they are with the family or dealing with a crisis. But Edward pointed out that he couldn't stand being around them when they first got together, so I am assuming they were super graphic and didn't hold back. That makes it funnier when Emmett makes fun of Bella and Edward in BD about not 'scoring.' I think they have a strong bond, but we just didn't get much from them in Bella or Jacob's POV. It's like with all the other couples, Bella and Jacob felt like they were witnessing a private moment so they looked away.
"It bares teeth, extra sharp, that'll cut you in the heart. It attacks really quick, try and fight it with a stick. It's no use, give it up, this is life and this is love. You are my alligator" -Grizzly Bear
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

I liked Rose the whole time... well, maybe at first I didn't like her as much. But she grew on me. I understand her reasons for not really liking Bella and I think in Rose's situation, I probably wouldn't either. And Rose definitely resented Bella for just eagerly throwing away something that Rose wishes every day that she could have back. While it all turned out good in the end, Bella was pretty naive about it.

By the end of Twilight, Bella would've sort of understood what it was like to be in Rose's position-- thinking you're going to die, but that's really the only parallel.

Also Bella had a choice. Rose didn't. She didn't have any say in dying at all, and then wasn't given the choice to just die instead of living as a vampire. Whereas Bella wasn't in a die-or-be-a-vampire situation until Breaking Dawn. If Bella had chosen not to marry Edward and become a vampire, presumably she would've lived out her human life and died as an old woman. She could've had kids and grandkids... basically everything Rose didn't get the chance to have.

I don't feel sorry for Rose because I don't think she'd want my pity, but I do feel I understand her pretty well. And her reasons for the way she acts. She's much deeper than she acts, but its her defense mechanism.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I feel sorry for Rosalie.

I didn't hate her for the whole thing with Bella, I liked her more for it. It was still selfish and terrible and everything, but this time it was a teeny tiny bit for Renesmee's sake as well as her own.

Well, sort of.

But I liked her ever since Eclipse when she explained her story. But if I met her (as a non-vamp) in reality i'd hate her probably.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?