Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by Rose »

malaz wrote:
moon sidhe wrote:
malaz wrote:
moon sidhe wrote:
malaz wrote:
urcoolcarrie wrote:
in breaking dawn, you can think what you want to think, but i think she was helping bella because bella asked for it. rosalie was being completely UNselfish by helping bella and her baby.
Exactly!
except people hate her because she never cared for bella and was only doing it for Renseme. I don't see anything wrong with that. Bella asked for it!
Let's say my sister's husband asked me to kill him. By your logic, it would be totally ok for me to kill him, because he asked for it? That's more than a little disturbing to me.

Bella's request certainly wasn't that extreme. However, given that the odds of her surviving were quite slim, and how quickly her health deteriorated, I think Rosalie's continuing to protect the baby over Bella was both selfish and irresponsible.
that doesn't make sense. Rosalie isn't killing bella.
Now i see that you explained you never implied my conclusion. However, Bella never asked Rosalie to kill her. She asked her a request which i found very straightforward and reasonable. All that Bella wanted from Rose is her help.
I think what the seflish part is, like holdingoutforjacob mentioned, and it's what i found selfish as well. According to Edward, Rose had hope that if and when Bella died she would get Renesme.
Bella's request is tantamount to asking permission to seriously harm and possibly kill herself. It's not a request that I would characterize as "very reasonable." I understand why Bella wanted help, but I hardly think it was reasonable. Perhaps I should clarify my previous post. I agree that the reasons behind Rosalie's acquiescing were the selfish part of the equation, but beyond that, her disregard for Bella's life is downright unconscionable.
Bella's request was pretty reasonable to me. Even though i can't relate to her with the whole pregnancy thing but bella truly loved her 'little nudger' and she would've done anything-risk her life-for it/her

and yes, the SUPER selfishness came off when Rose hoped if bella died she would get the baby.

Whatever though, about Rose not caring about bella - s'not like bella cared for rose either.
I can't remember reading that Rosalie hoped that Bella died!!!
Yes, she always wished getting a baby...but she wouldn't wish anyone the death so that she might get Renesmee!
And to the comparing of the kill-me-husband and Bellas request:
Did anyone asked Rosalie to kill anyone??? This compare is really to extrem!

Rose
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Rose wrote:I can't remember reading that Rosalie hoped that Bella died!!!
Yes, she always wished getting a baby...but she wouldn't wish anyone the death so that she might get Renesmee!

Rose
To the best of my knowledge, no one said that Rosalie actually wanted Bella to die, or wanted to kill her. At least, I wasn't trying to say that. I was pointing at that whether or not Bella lived was very low on her list of priorities.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Edberenjac12
Settled in Forks

Post by Edberenjac12 »

Also, I wanted to say that Rosalie is viewed in BD through Jacob's perspective, and Jacob is no fan of Rosalie's so we also should take that into consideration.

: )
"It bares teeth, extra sharp, that'll cut you in the heart. It attacks really quick, try and fight it with a stick. It's no use, give it up, this is life and this is love. You are my alligator" -Grizzly Bear
Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rose »

Edberenjac12 wrote:Also, I wanted to say that Rosalie is viewed in BD through Jacob's perspective, and Jacob is no fan of Rosalie's so we also should take that into consideration.

Tada!!! Thank you! I agree totally
moon sidhe wrote:

Rose
To the best of my knowledge, no one said that Rosalie actually wanted Bella to die, or wanted to kill her. At least, I wasn't trying to say that. I was pointing at that whether or not Bella lived was very low on her list of priorities.
Okay, to the first part I agree.
But what you said about Rosalie's list of priorities I can't agree.
I mean, when we get a closer look at Bella's and Rosalie's relationship we see that this is not a very good and very strong friendship like Bella has with Alice.
I don't believe that you would set a not-so-good-friend at the top of your priorities!
I also think that Bella isn't so low on Rosalies list. Yes, Bella is not at the top but I would set her on Rosalies list at the ninth rank.

Rose
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

moon sidhe wrote:

Rose
exactly
ColormeBSG
Edberenjac12
Settled in Forks

Post by Edberenjac12 »

Rose wrote:
Edberenjac12 wrote:Also, I wanted to say that Rosalie is viewed in BD through Jacob's perspective, and Jacob is no fan of Rosalie's so we also should take that into consideration.

Tada!!! Thank you! I agree totally

You're welcome. I was just re-reading BD the other night and I realized that we all get a skewed view of her through Jacob's eyes, and that most of the opinions on here are speculation as to what she was really like.

Oh and, "You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair." = Priceless.

"It bares teeth, extra sharp, that'll cut you in the heart. It attacks really quick, try and fight it with a stick. It's no use, give it up, this is life and this is love. You are my alligator" -Grizzly Bear
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

personally, i don't see her through jake's bias at all. i see her actions, her words, and what edward says about her thoughts. these are facts, correct?

also, just because someone is not high on your priority list, does that make it ok for you to disregard their life??

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:

personally, i don't see her through jake's bias at all. i see her actions, her words, and what edward says about her thoughts. these are facts, correct?

also, just because someone is not high on your priority list, does that make it ok for you to disregard their life??

Uh, yeah, seriously. There are plenty of people out there who I may not be super close to (and I'm not even talking about sisters-in-law, which Bella is to Rosalie), but even just acquaintances, I would be pretty sad and worried if they had made a decision that would end up killing them. The bottom line is Bella's life is on the line and Rosalie doesn't care. There's no excuse for that, I don't care how close they were or weren't before that.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Edberenjac12
Settled in Forks

Post by Edberenjac12 »

I didn't mean that I didn't agree with you all-I do-I am still trying to get the broad picture in there and give people other things to think about when considering Rosalie.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

yeah but i don't think it's fair to say that most of the opinions on here are based on jacob's POV. they aren't.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...