Bella: The Sorting Hat comes to Forks

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Into which Hogwarts House will the Sorting Hat Place Bella?

Gryffindor
40%
Hufflepuff
30%
Ravenclaw
23%
Slytherin
8%

Total votes: 40

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Bella: The Sorting Hat comes to Forks

Post by Songbird »

I went for Hufflepuff on this. I don't really see her in any of the houses...she seems almost completely in a house of her own. She falls to pieces when Edward leaves, so I'd rule out Gryffindor...she's not able to face life without him. She gets good grades and she's pretty mature, taking care of Renee and even Charlie to an extent...but, I wouldn't say she's particularly clever like a Ravenclaw. Though Pottermore does explain ravenclaws as being somewhat eccentric and sometimes viewed as quirky...Bella is certainly quirky and out of step with the rest of the human world, but I still just don't see her in Ravenclaw. But I don't see her as being ambitious at all, which is Slytherin. She banishes herself to Forks, which she HATES, and she doesn't want to stand out, but to blend in. Slytherin, to me anyway, represents an ambitious want of power or influence. Bella doesn't have that. And she's not real cunning, either. Which leaves Hufflepuff, which is kind of the "other" category. She is extremely loyal, to both Edward AND to Jacob. And she defends both of them to the other...she's like the badger that won't stand up for herself so much, but she will go to any lengths to defend those she loves. And equality is very important to her...she doesn't like double standards. She wants everything to be fair. That's distinctly Hufflepuff.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Blossomforth
Settled in Forks

Re: Bella: The Sorting Hat comes to Forks

Post by Blossomforth »

Leah Forever wrote:I am probably going to get lynched for this, but I think Bella would make the perfect Slytherin.

I don't think she's smart enough for Ravenclaw - I don't think she has any intelligence, logic, or common sense. OK, on a few occasions she does, but not often enough, I think.

I think she's selfish. I think she's very ambitious, very determined... she's everything a Slytherin is. I don't think she's loyal or caring, I don't think she's brave.

The only place I think she would fit is Slytherin.
Leah Forever, I honestly agree with you, and I also voted for Slytherin. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but she does have a few personality traits.