General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Favorite Quotes from the Saga

Post by pennybug84 »

one of my favorites is the note Edward leaves Bella when he goes hunting. Look after my heart. I've left it with You. I got a bookmark from Borders that has that saying on one side & a picture of Edward on the other. I actually don't like the picture to much, the only reason I got it was for the quote :D
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
twilight_obsessed
Settled in Forks

Post by twilight_obsessed »

So, I just finished New Moon...again, and here are a few things that stuck out for me...some are quotes, some are thoughts.

I'd never seen anything more beautiful--even gasping and screaming, I could appreciate that. And the last seven months meant nothing. And his words in the forest meant nothing. And it did not matter if he did not want me. I would never want anything but him, no matter how long I lived.

Well, clearly I'd gone too far; it must have been a mistake to let my imagination get so out of hand. Okay, so "let" was the wrong word. I'd forced it to get out of hand--pretty much stalked my hallucinations--and now my mind had snapped.

"Edward," I said. His named burned my throat a little on the way out. I could feel the ghost of the hole, waiting to rip itself wide again as soon as he disappeared. I didn't quite see how I was going to survive it this time.

"Don't promise me anything," I whispered. If I let myself hope, and it came to nothing...that would kill me. Where all those merciless vampires had not been able to finish me off, hope would do the job.

Kind of a melancholy post, but I think they're beautiful, nonetheless.
Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world.

He had the most beautiful soul, more beautiful than his brilliant mind or his incomparable face or his glorious body.
Nieceyou'redead
Settled in Forks

Post by Nieceyou'redead »

You gonna back down so easy, little sister? Not much wild about you, is there? I bet that cottage doesn’t have a scratch. Did Edward tell you how many houses Rose and I smashed? -
Emmett

If I let you up, will you knock me down again, Katie? -
Garrett

If we live through this, I’ll follow you anywhere, woman. -
Garrett
cantfightaneclipse
Settled in Forks

Post by cantfightaneclipse »

"The clouds I can handle, but I can't fight an eclipse."- Jacob Black

That's my favorite line because I think Jacob and Bella should have ended up together, actually I think Bella could have chose both because when Jacob imprints on somebody and dumps Bella, Edward would come in and start dating her again.

I also like the line, "Marry me first." because I would have thought Edward would have got down on one knee and formally proposed for the first time he did it.
J<3B
The clouds I can handle, but I can't fight with an eclipse." -Jacob Black
[img]http://www.mybannermaker.com]http://i.imgur.com/5tsZM.gif[/img]
ladyfite
Settled in Forks

Post by ladyfite »

Page 511 of Breaking Dawn

"Woo!" Emmett suddenly boomed in his deep bass. "Go Gators!"

-Emmett completely oblivious to the drama going on around him. That is, for me, the most funny and memorable line of the whole series. I can literally see him sitting on the sofa all alone with his hat on sideways totally absorbed into some stupid game only Charlie would give a crap about!
exotec
Settled in Forks

Post by exotec »

I like the line, from Mike Newton, I think, talking to Bella about Edward ... and he says Edward looks at her like she's "something to eat". haha

Every time I hear thunder, I wonder where the game is...
~xo~

=^..^=
bronzehairedmiracle
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bronzehairedmiracle »

My favourite quote is from Twilight. Its something that really reflects the way I feel about this book and Edward:

"There was nothing more terrifyng to me than the thought of turning away from him. It was an impossibility."
If all else perished and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained and and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

I've got a few, I like the funny ones the best:

"Did you seriously just stamp your foot? I thought girls only did that on tv."

"No, I'm not tired. I won't mind if you want to give me the wrong impression again."

"You're not the only one who gets carried away."
"Yes, I am."

"Penguins. Lovely."

"...just Bella and Jacob, none of those freaky Virgos..."

"I punched a werewolf in the face."
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Mrs WaylandCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs WaylandCullen »

Theres sooo many quotes that i just love... HOW DOES STEPHENIE MEYER COME UP WITH THESE THINGS??
A few of my favourites are:

"Go fetch a space heater." … "I'm not a St. Bernard."
"Aro, would you please ask Jane to stop attacking my wife?"
"Look after my heart, I've left it with you"
"Why didn't i just walk away? oh right, because i'm an idiot."
"Maybe im hoping she'll get irritated and rip your head off."
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share,"

an the ones in my signature
So the Lion fell in love with the Lamb
Marry me first
You compare a single tree to a entire forest
Do you want me to sing to you? I'll sing all night if it will keep the bad dreams away
wretchedlyinlove9
Settled in Forks

Post by wretchedlyinlove9 »

I was reading through the posts and the proposal quote that kept coming up reminded me of what she said after that in the narration before she said yes. I love it so much it's funny, gets you upset and makes you go aww at the same time.

There were many things I wanted to say, some of them not nice at all, and others more disgustingly gooey and romantic than he probably dreamed I was capable of. Rather than embarrass myself with either, I whispered, "Yes."

In fact that entire chapter is filled with quotes and narration that I love, I'd post the whole chapter LOL! :lol: :lol: