General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Favorite Quotes from the Saga

Post by readmymind »

When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it’s not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end. --Bella Swan, Twilight, Preface, p.1

That was the first night I dreamed of Edward Cullen. --Bella Swan, Twilight, Chapter 3, p.67

I couldn’t allow him to have this level of influence over me. It was pathetic. More than pathetic, it was unhealthy. --Bella Swan, Twilight, Chapter 4, p.74

I wasn’t interesting. And he was. Interesting… and brilliant… and mysterious… and perfect… and beautiful…. --Bella Swan, Twilight, Chapter 4, p.79

I bet she’s tougher than that. She runs with vampires. --Embry Call, New Moon, Chapter 14, p.329

Thank you, Captain Obvious. --Leah Clearwater, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 12, p.227
(maybe not a classic Twilight quote, but a classic period)

I wasn’t born a compassionless shrew. I used to be sort of nice, you know. --Leah Clearwater, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 16, p.316

Some things are more certain than others… like the weather. People are harder. I only see the course they’re on while they’re on it. Once they change their minds — make a new decision, no matter how small — the whole future shifts. --Alice Cullen, Twilight, Chapter 22, p.435

Edward is such a grouch when he doesn’t get his way. --Alice Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.423

So I didn’t agree with my father’s particular brand of faith. But never, in the nearly four hundred years now since I was born, have I ever seen anything to make me doubt whether God exists in some form or the other. Not even the reflection in the mirror. --Carlisle Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.36

I’m sure all this sounds a little bizarre, coming from a vampire. But I’m hoping that there is still a point to this life, even for us. It’s a long shot, I’ll admit. By all accounts, we’re damned regardless. But I hope, maybe foolishly, that we’ll get some measure of credit for trying. --Carlisle Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.36

I look at my… son. His strength, his goodness, the brightness that shines out of him—and it only fuels that hope, that faith, more than ever. How could there not be more for one such as Edward? --Carlisle Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.37
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
readmymind

Post by readmymind »

As soon as we’re done here, I will do what I can to help him. Sam is trying to get him to phase back to his human form. That will make treating him easier. I’ve never been to veterinarian school.
Carlisle Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 25, p.567

Bella is already a daughter to me. A beloved daughter.
Carlisle Cullen, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 12, p.234

She’s diabolical.
Emmett Cullen, Twilight, Chapter 18, p.387

You’re monopolizing the bride. Let me dance with my little sister. This could be my last chance to make her blush.
Emmett Cullen, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 4, p.69

You will never put me through that again.
Esme Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 22, p.496

I can feel what you’re feeling now — and you are worth it.
Jasper Hale, Twilight, Chapter 19, p.404

She’s one of us now.
Jasper Hale, Eclipse, Chapter 12, p.285

You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope.
Jasper Hale, Eclipse, Chapter 13, p.301

I’m so very sorry, Bella. I feel wretched about every part of this, and so grateful that you were brave enough to go save my brother after what I did. Please say you’ll forgive me.
Rosalie Hale, New Moon, Chapter 22, p.497

I don’t mean that I have any aversion to you as a sister. It’s just that… this is not the life I would have chosen for myself. I wish there had been someone there to vote no for me.
Rosalie Hale, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.534

If we had happy endings, we’d all be under gravestones now.
Rosalie Hale, Eclipse, Chapter 7, p.154

You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair.
Rosalie Hale, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 15, p.304
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

^^^ That was a triple post!

I agree with most of those quotes, I'd forgotten this one though, which I really like. I also like Carlisle's quotes.
readmymind wrote:She’s one of us now.
Jasper Hale, Eclipse, Chapter 12, p.285
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
readmymind

Post by readmymind »

LOL, yeah...I couldn't sleep and I looked most of them up online
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

"How I hated going home and pretending to sleep in the dark when so many were dying." - Carlisle Cullen
I almost cried when I read that on somebody's siggy again, because I forgot it. :cry:
I LOVE CARLISLE!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

"One place that would always belong to him and no one else. A magic place, full of light. The beautiful meadow I'd seen only once in my life, lit by sunshine and the sparkle of his skin." New Moon, pg. 195

"...No past fading, no future impending..." New Moon, pg. 202

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me. New Moon pg.93

Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget;it was a hard line to walk. New Moon pg.117

"They have a name for someone who smells the way Bella does to me. They call her my singer- because her blood sings for me." New Moon pg.490

"You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever". Twilight pg273.

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.." Twilight pg.274

Page 341 - Eclipse.

Emmett grinned. "Fall down again, Bella?"
No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face." Eclipse pg.342

The entire chapter of "Fire & Ice."
And many, many more - too numerous to recall.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

So many good quotes. Lines that you wished your guy would say to you! Swoon! Lines that you can quote and crack up over (Breaking Dawn).
My favorite is actually about the choices (see Signature). The Cullens chose not to be monsters. Bella chose Edward. Edward chose to stop resisting Bella's pull. I read Twilight when I was trying to make choices in my own life and this quote stood out to me!
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Some more of my favorites.

‘I considered taking out the rear of his shiny Volvo, but there were too many witnesses.’
~Bella’s thought when stuck behind Edward
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Chapter 4. Invitations
Pg. 77

There was one thing I was sure of, if I was sure of anything. The dark Edward in my dream last night was a reflection only of my fear of the word Jacob had spoken, and not Edward himself. Even so, when I’d screamed out in terror at the werewolf’s lunge, it wasn’t fear for the wolf that brought the cry of “no” to my lips. It was fear that he would be harmed – even as he called to me with sharp-edged fangs, I feared for him.
And I knew in that I had my answer. I didn’t know if there ever was a choice, really. I was already in too deep. Now that I knew – if I knew – I could do nothing about my frightening secret. Because when I thought of him, of his voice, his hypnotic eyes, the magnetic force of his personality, I wanted nothing more than to be with him right now.
~Bella thinking through the possibility of Edward being a vampire at what it matters if he is.
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Chapter 7. Nightmare
Pg. 137

"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
~Edward to Alice
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
goldeneyedgirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Favorite Quotes

Post by goldeneyedgirl14 »

jReIsTsCiHcIaE wrote:"lingerie. very lingerie-ish lingerie, with French tags."

ok, I'm not sure about anyone else, but that kind of cracked me up.
You are not alone!
MaryAuksi
Settled in Forks

Post by MaryAuksi »

"It's about time someone scored around here."
-Emmett Cullen. :lol:

One of my favorite quotes ever, it's cracks me up every time I think about it.

Also:
"Fall down again, Bella?"
-Emmett. :D
"I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. No one was going to bite me."
-Bella, in Twilight, ch. 1. (Probably didn't make me laugh then, but it does now.)
Well, Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It’s just something he does in the sun. Don’t worry about it…
-Bella's thoughts in New Moon.
Alice: "You're only a senior once. Why not document the experience."
Bella: "How many times have you been a senior?" :D
"If I develop this film, will you show up in the picture?"
-Bella, obviously :D
"You haven’t changed at all. I expected a perceptible difference, but here you are, red-faced just like always."
-Emmett.

...And lots of others.