How many times have you read the saga?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mary
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: hanging out w/ Bella, Rennesme, and the other Cullens

Re: How many times have you read the saga?

Post by mary »

Ok, well if I read one, I have to read all of them, so it's all about the same. Of course, I'm so addicted to Twilight that every now and then, I'll pick up one of the books in the saga, and read a few of my fav. chapters out of it. I started reading it during fall break from school, so about Sep. '08(I think, or maybe early Oct.-either way it was before I knew about the movie), and I finished the whole saga that week. The first time I read the saga, I read Twilight in 2 1/2 days, NM in 1 1/2 days, Eclipse in 1 1/2 days, and BD in 2 1/2 days. The same day that I would finish one, I'd start the next one. I read them a lot while I was at work, too, and I remember at some point getting aggravated when customers would walk up while I was trying to read. :lol: I know some of them could prob. tell, I remember some of my friends, that I worked with those couple days that that happened, would laugh because they could tell how aggravated I would get. :mrgreen: So anyways here goes:

Twilight: 3 all the way through, then bits and pieces of it, and if you add those up, I'd say 5 times I've read it
New Moon: 3 and a few random chapters in it....I get strong emotions with this book so I don't pick it up often
Eclipse: 3, and then like the 1st 2 or 3 chapters in it
Breaking Dawn: 2 1/2 only because I let a friend borrow while I was rereading the others, and she still hasn't finished it yet, so I'm waiting on her to finish it, so I can reread it, and change 2 1/2 to 3 1/2

I'm constantly reading, and sometimes, I read my books faster than I can buy more, so when that happens, I pick up Twilight, and start reading it over again. Then, because like I mentioned before, I can't start Twilight, and not read the rest, I always wind up rereading the whole saga, and even if I buy more books to read while I'm rereading the saga, I won't start on my new book, until I've finished the whole saga.

"Look after my heart, I've left it with you."
midlightdawn
Settled in Forks

Post by midlightdawn »

I have read the saga about 5 times now, and I dont think I will stop. Thats one thing that I love about the books... no matter how much you read them you cant seem to get tired of them. I found myself learning new things or seeing things in a different perspective than last time.

No one dressed by me ever looks like an idiot. (Alice)
Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Sannois »

Well I am new here,but there are so many threads I want to post on. The twilight series is so wonderful, I think I will never tire of reading it. I have read all but BD 4 times. BD I am reading for the second time. I was sort of shocked with it when I first read it, It is so different than the first 3. But I read on. Now I am giving it a second chance after loanng it to a friend. I did not read JAcobs chapters the first time around. I am really enjoying his perspective. I used to not like him, Now I have a whole different view of him. Anyway Twilight is like my happy place. I can pick it up and read a few pages and feel better about anything. ITs that kind of series. ;)
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
regina1180
Settled in Forks

Post by regina1180 »

I just finished the series for the second time. I told my hubby that I plan at least reading NM again before the movie comes out in November. But knowing me, I'll read the whole set again. :)
Sannois

Post by Sannois »

regina1180 wrote:I just finished the series for the second time. I told my hubby that I plan at least reading NM again before the movie comes out in November. But knowing me, I'll read the whole set again. :)
Yes, You will! ;) :lol:
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

How is this for bad... I checked out the twilight books for too long from the library (i should just buy them but i'm trying to save money) that i'm not allowed to check them out again...

so i joined another library lol
MeglovesTwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by MeglovesTwilight »

^^ Hahaha that's soo great. Maybe it is time to buy it.
purplevampire17
Settled in Forks

Post by purplevampire17 »

i honestly cant remember. at least 10 times.... and sometimes i will pick it up and read random parts. :D the first time reading the series, i read it under my seat in math and my friends would pass notes to me but i ignored them... they were VERY angry at me. but now that i made them read it, they understand. :D
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair.
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever. Mafia~Veronica DiMarco (Vi)
http://www.givesmehope.com/ visit it or face the wrath of my purple-ninja-vampire-monkeys!!
edwardsblossom
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

I had tried, when I first got Twilight, to just pick it up and read my favorite parts, but I couldn't get myself to do it. Everytime, as soon as I would touch it, I had to just open it from the beginning and re-read the whole thing. Damn my love/obsession for these books and my obsessive compulsive (XD cullen) disorder/perfectionistism.

O.o Big words... :roll: :lol:
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
EandB

Post by EandB »

I'm reading the series for the 3rd time.I'm on New Moon.I've only been a fan since October.