General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
UnicornsandCentaurs
Settled in Forks

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by UnicornsandCentaurs »

This might have been mentioned before and I might of just missed it, but I'm confused about how Nessie was half vampire- half human. This also might just be me being stupid, but if Edward's sperm was like still from when he was a human, wouldn't it have human DNA so wouldn't Nessie be fully human???? I don't really know what I'm talking about, and it's late and I'm tired.
Unicorns are awesome! Unicorns are awesome. I like unicorns
Edward Luvr
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward Luvr »

I couldn't believe it when Bella wouldn't listen to Edward! I was so frustrated with her and Rosalie! Edward was just so heart broken!
sparkling90
Settled in Forks

Post by sparkling90 »

This might sound like a stupid question, but I haven't been able to figure out the answer. Is it possible for the skin during Bella's pregnancy to grow and stretch that much in such a short period of time? What happened to all the extra skin Bella grew from being pregnant? It seemed to just disappear when she was transformed into a vampire.
SydlovesTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by SydlovesTwilight »

sparkling90 wrote:This might sound like a stupid question, but I haven't been able to figure out the answer. Is it possible for the skin during Bella's pregnancy to grow and stretch that much in such a short period of time? What happened to all the extra skin Bella grew from being pregnant? It seemed to just disappear when she was transformed into a vampire.
I in no way doubted she could get pregnant, in fact, I was expecting it for some reason. I do wonder about the whole skin thing too. Maybe because it has something to do with it being half vamp? I dunno. Just curious.
jacob-rox-my--sox
Learning to Love Green

Post by jacob-rox-my--sox »

this may sound gross
but bellas birth scene is one of my favourite parts of the book
IT WAS SO INTENSE!
you could feel the tension dripping off the page

but anyway-- when i frst figured out she was pregnant i was like...hold up...not possible
but hey i accepted it
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

sparkling90 wrote:This might sound like a stupid question, but I haven't been able to figure out the answer. Is it possible for the skin during Bella's pregnancy to grow and stretch that much in such a short period of time? What happened to all the extra skin Bella grew from being pregnant? It seemed to just disappear when she was transformed into a vampire.
I imagine the venom took care of that, because that extra (then granite-like) skin would not come in handy at the hunt and would disturb the prey-dazzling-look of Bella as a hunter.
(sorry its humans when I wrote prey but well I thought of it technically :? )
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Hey guys, I want Midnight Sun published SO badly that I started a petition -- one to Stephenie telling her that we will abstain from reading the leaked chapters and we LOVE her and will support her with whatever time she needs to be able to get back to that project.

I've already got over 200 signatures -- I would love even more!!! Spread the word!! Get your fellow Twilighters to sign and I will mail this onto Stephenie!

Go show her some LOVE!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/midn ... index.html
AliceMarieHale
Settled in Forks

Post by AliceMarieHale »

Well since edward was techniqually a 'virgin' he never did anything with a woman when he was alive and vampire until Bella that is. Well here's my theory, since he was a virgin he still had some sperm left over and wasnt taken over by the venom since he never did anything. Or Maybe even Bella's overies took the venom as sperm there for half vampire half human.
ImageImage
~*AliceMarieHale*~
*JaspersMine*
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

debussygirl wrote:
Dirt Flavored Muffin wrote:Ugh. Bella's pregnancy. I was VERY mad when I found out Bella was having a baby. I threw my book down. Then, when she decided to KEEP Renesmee, I was even more mad. The worst part of the whole pregnancy was that Renesmee was killing Bella and she still wanted her. And Rosalie HELPED her. It was so graphic of a pregnancy, but in the end, I think it was Bella's fault she had to suffer to keep the baby. (I know I probably sound like a total jerk) Nessie is one character I don't particularly care for.
I fail to understand why people are so mad that they had a baby. I thought it was amazing, because it wasn't like other books/movies/tv shows where the worst that happens is morning sickness (not that that's fun, but still, it doesn't make you want to get rid of the baby). Bella knew she had a chance of dying. But she knew that if she didn't try, her baby would die, no matter what. She loved that baby from the beginning and could not imagine it being gone. Yeah, that's so wrong, loving your own child. How dare SM write such a piece of work that encourages life, love, and something greater than yourself? (heavy sarcasm used there) It really did show strength for Bella to do this and it was completely her character. And for those who thought it was too graphic-what else did you expect of a vamped pregnancy? Bella sitting around eating bon-bons and having an easy birth as Edward cheerfully massages her feet, then paced around like fathers did in the 50's? Where's the excitement and drama in that? Also, each book in the saga has gone off of a different reaction/form of love. It's really been about the passionate love before BD, and I thought it was nice to change the pace to keep it different.
I totally agree with the above (oops, well, with debussygirl). And also, how many "real", as in non-fiction, situations have moms been willing to risk their lives in order for their babies to be born? Remember, to Bella this wasn't a monster or virus or anything else inside her, it was her precious baby -- her "Little Nudger", and I can identify with the mother-bear insticts she shows completely. Another point, this is Bella, remember? Ultra-stubborn Bella, who has sacrificed herself again and again for the cause -- Meyer has captured her character here in the pregnancy situation flawlessly. And I totally love that Edward and Bella had the chance to be parents!! Renesmee is the reason we have a fourth book in the series -- I heard that in a Stephenie interview somewhere -- the book is supposed to be about her!!

And also, while I'm on my soapbox, I don't remember who mentioned that they thought Meyer was lazy for shortening Bella's pregnancy -- how is that lazy? Don't understand that at all -- whether the pregnancy lasted 4 weeks or 9 months you can still take the same amount of writing to tell the story -- I don't want to experience 9 months of suffering with Bella, do you? And anyway, the length of the pregnancy makes sense because of Renesmee's growing so quickly, even outside the womb.
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

When Bella went on with her pregnancy, it was not because she didn't consider the risks. She wasn't stupid.

First, she had a strong love for the baby. Maternal love is often fiercely protective, appears a bit irrational, and is very self-sacrificing -- for Bella, it was all of these things from the beginning. She knew there was a chance it would cost her her life, but she was willing to give it, for the sake of her child. That's what parenthood does to people.
Edward Luvr wrote:I couldn't believe it when Bella wouldn't listen to Edward! I was so frustrated with her and Rosalie! Edward was just so heart broken!
Notice that Bella's priorities changed the moment the baby was real to her: where Edward used to be the center of her world, now it's her baby. The only person in the world who would stand up for and protect that little one was its mother. And as soon as Edward heard the baby's thoughts, he was hopelessly bonded as well. Before that, it was just a growth to him, something that was endangering the woman he loved.

Second, Bella had a feeling that everything was going to work out. She didn't know exactly how, but she was at ease. i think she understood something that no one else did, because they were all too caught up in concern for Bella. But Bella instinctively knew that it would be fine, and it gave her an eerie peacefulness in the middle of all the turmoil and broken bones and such.

Reading the passages about her pregnancy is intense. It's one of my favorite parts of the entire series. I didn't expect that it would be so difficult for her, though her calmness mirrors Edward's during the birth: both of them are simply doing what needs to be done for those they love. So, in spite of all the violence and ugliness, it's very moving.