General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family

Post by Cymbrelynn »

I think in any future books SM would make a point of it to include family moments for lack of them in BD. Or maybe some of the extras for BD that she said will eventually be posted (actually scenes from Forever Dawn that friends and fam told her they missed) will be some family moments. And, if not, I've always thought it would be an absolutely fabulous idea if she wrote some short little one shots or whathaveyou on the Twilight Saga and sold it for charity. Maybe some bits from the summer between Twilight and NM, and just all sorts of "missing scene" type stuff that any of us would go absolutely crazy to get our hands on!
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
misscullengirl
Settled in Forks

Post by misscullengirl »

Although Edward wasn't expecting to become a father that quickly, he has managed very well considering that it was a very difficult time for all of them...bella giving birth and then becoming a vampire,the volturi threat,the adjustment of having Nessie....It's actually amazing how Edward tried to be positive in everything and how he has always thought of Bella's needs.On Bella's part,even from the beginning of the pregnancy she has shown very strong motherly instincts.Edward,Bella and Nessie are really blending well with everyone and Nessie i think has captured her father's heart like no other specially when she showed Edward her power by touching him and all those memories flashed right in front of him!THe bond that Edward,Bella and Nessie shared with the rest of the Cullens as well as Jacob is more than enough to conquer and defeat all the trials that comes with being immortal.
slightly_torn_page
Settled in Forks

Post by slightly_torn_page »

Although there were not many written scenes involving Edward and Nessie, I believe some of Edward's actions spoke true to his amazing role as a father. He was able to put his bias for Jacob aside and allow Jacob to be around Nessie. He knew Jacob was going to be exactly what Nessie needed/wanted. He knew that Jacob would be everything to her. Although he did possibly have to step aside a bit and let Jacob step in, he was self-sacrificing in order to have what was best for his daughter.
LI Mom of 2
Settled in Forks

Post by LI Mom of 2 »

I didn't read all 14 pages of responses, so hopefully I'm not just repeating what others have said.

I think from what we saw Edward was a pretty doting dad. He was going through a lot in a very short time - Bella's difficult pregnancy & all the issues with Sam's pack, delivering the baby without Carlisle home and keeping Rosalie away from Bella at the same time, then worrying about Bella's transformation, getting her used to her new life, trying to research why the baby was growing at such a fantastic rate and then preparing the witnesses for the standoff. Plus finally being able to love Bella the way he truly wanted to. It's a lot to take in.

To me it was the small things we saw from Bella's POV that showed me his love for his daughter - how he gently explained that Bella needed to hunt before seeing the baby and why they needed to leave via the window, how he made sure to be near the first few times Bella held the baby, he had Esme add a room to the cottage for Nessie but didn't move her in until he knew that Bella could handle being near her, how he got her an iPod for Christmas loaded with his fave music....

I think that if we saw further along we'd see more family dynamic amongst the 3 coming through.
SpiiderMonkey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by SpiiderMonkey »

LI Mom of 2 wrote:I didn't read all 14 pages of responses, so hopefully I'm not just repeating what others have said.

I think from what we saw Edward was a pretty doting dad. He was going through a lot in a very short time - Bella's difficult pregnancy & all the issues with Sam's pack, delivering the baby without Carlisle home and keeping Rosalie away from Bella at the same time, then worrying about Bella's transformation, getting her used to her new life, trying to research why the baby was growing at such a fantastic rate and then preparing the witnesses for the standoff. Plus finally being able to love Bella the way he truly wanted to. It's a lot to take in.

To me it was the small things we saw from Bella's POV that showed me his love for his daughter - how he gently explained that Bella needed to hunt before seeing the baby and why they needed to leave via the window, how he made sure to be near the first few times Bella held the baby, he had Esme add a room to the cottage for Nessie but didn't move her in until he knew that Bella could handle being near her, how he got her an iPod for Christmas loaded with his fave music....

I think that if we saw further along we'd see more family dynamic amongst the 3 coming through.
I completely agree!! I think he was subtly an amazing father, and if it went into his POV I believe we would really see how he felt behind the scenes.

-Brittany
-And, by the way, I adore you...in frightening, dangerous ways.
Edward Cullen - Midnight Sun, pg 125.
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

Edward's feelings for Nessie were very apparent when he was describing her to Bella. The fact that he loved her so much was evident in the way he talked about her. Bella picked up on it, saying it was the way a devoted person talked of their god.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
iloveetwilightt
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveetwilightt »

Bella's behavior towards Renesmee does not surprise me at all. When Bella was ready to die for Renesmee, I knew that Bella would be a loving, caring, nurturing mother. Edward's behavior towards Renesmee doesn't really surprise me either. Edward never really had any intention of having a child- I don't think he viewed his and Bella's relationship to be that way. But i really think, deep inside, Edward loves Renesmee because of how Bella feels about her.
Team Edward Forever :]]
"When I told you I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy."
twilight4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by twilight4eva »

yea i agree with frostyjasper shes a supermom and its out of place... i would like to see more fatherdaughter stuff to but remember when renesmee showed bella the lullaby that edward sang to her and bella was in the background and then bella remembered throu her own eyes the fire and then she turns toward the window and also when renesmee remembers being thirsty and edward freaks and takes the baby and i just dont see edward as the father figure and bella as a mom figure i see jacob and i think if there had been more time to see bella mature it would be easy to see her as a mother idk how to explain it but i kno it would be able to see her as a mom if there were more parts about her and renesmee then just renesmee in general and also the same with edward but i would also like to see a lot more family moments and jake moving to jupiter cuz he is a super-jerk and i personally if i were bella i would let rosalie give him the swift kick in the butt that he needs and edward personally drag his butt to pluto and/or kill him
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I can't picture Bella or Edward as a parent! I don't really see Renesmee as their child... Just another part of the Cullen family.

It's odd.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Damn, Twilight4eva, what a harsh view of Jacob.
I fully endorse the new family that Renesmee brought about, and in fact think that, were the situation in the third book of BD less hectic, there would have been a lot more time to focus on the amazing interaction all three of them have as a family.
There was plenty of Bella mothering Renesmee, them hunting together, her throwing a Christmas Party for Nessie's sake, etc.
I do agree that there was not much of Edward's fathering time shown, but the story is written from Bella's POV, so if she weren't paying attention, if she were even remotely distracted, or, as is the case a couple of times in BD, not around her daughter at all, I'm sure that Edward is doing a most wonderful job of being an affectionate, loving father!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp