General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xcarrxteamedward
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by xcarrxteamedward »

I definetly think Ben would freak out but maybe Angela would take the news a little bit better..
of couse she would still be sorta afraid bc she satyed away from the Cullens when everyone else did before Bella got there..
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Knowing Ben, he'd probably think they were pulling his leg and ask if they were part of the cast for some martial arts flick (if they showed him some proof, for example). :)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

cullens_love wrote:I just remembered what I wanted to ask for a long time.

In the Ballett Studio Carlisle said to Edward " remember who you are" what does he mean by that. Why is it okay for Emmett and Jasper to kill James but Carlisle stopped Edward.

When I first saw the movie I wasn't too sure about that. I had to think on it for a long time. To me Ithink it's remember Edward you're not a monster. You're a good guy, Carlisle has faith in him. It was kind of a weird line to put in. But oh well.

The fight in the ballet studio wasn't really true to the books, since Emmet and Jasper were supposed to have a fight with James outside the ballet studio because they couldn't handle the blood. Edward was just supposed to pull him off. They could have had a black screen, and come back for the scene when Carlisle, Alice and Edward are 'assessing the damage', though that wouldn't be all that interesting. I would have liked it better if they had shown a fight between James and Jasper and Emmett. Since when are the best fighters in the family so wimpy that they can't dismember James - in a two-against-one fight - without Alice's help?
I know people say they only asked for her help to get Alice away from the blood, but that's a bit of a cop-out to me. And why was Jasper able to be in the same room as someone spewing out delicious blood?
I agree w/the Jasper being in the room thing. That was kind of weird/unexpected. Jasper would not have been able to be in the same room!
With Alice ripping off James's head I thought it was kind of cool. But now that you mention the fact Emmett & Jasper should have been able to, it doesn't really make sense that they had her do it. So hmm, I don't know.

Another question. The first time Bella sees the Cullens (in the movie) and Jessica is describing them to her it looks like to me that they almost walk right by the table they're sitting at. And if that was the case wouldn't Edward have been able to smell her when he walked by? So either they have bad camera angles, or messed up there too!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

pennybug84 wrote: Another question. The first time Bella sees the Cullens (in the movie) and Jessica is describing them to her it looks like to me that they almost walk right by the table they're sitting at. And if that was the case wouldn't Edward have been able to smell her when he walked by? So either they have bad camera angles, or messed up there too!
I guess Edward wasn't down wind of her at the time, but yeah, that was a liberty they took in the movie since in the book, Edward didn't walk past her. The Cullens were all sitting at their table on the other side of the room. So I'm assuming the director is just hoping viewers will accept the fact that Edward wasn't inhaling as he passed her? :?

Thank you Naureen!!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

fanMNM wrote:
pennybug84 wrote: Another question. The first time Bella sees the Cullens (in the movie) and Jessica is describing them to her it looks like to me that they almost walk right by the table they're sitting at. And if that was the case wouldn't Edward have been able to smell her when he walked by? So either they have bad camera angles, or messed up there too!
I guess Edward wasn't down wind of her at the time, but yeah, that was a liberty they took in the movie since in the book, Edward didn't walk past her. The Cullens were all sitting at their table on the other side of the room. So I'm assuming the director is just hoping viewers will accept the fact that Edward wasn't inhaling as he passed her? :?

But I thought if he was in close proximity to her there didn't need to be a wind that he would still be able to smell her. (That's why in NM Jasper almost goes after her.) Oh well. It was just something I noticed while watching it.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

cullens_love wrote:I just remembered what I wanted to ask for a long time.

In the Ballett Studio Carlisle said to Edward " remember who you are" what does he mean by that. Why is it okay for Emmett and Jasper to kill James but Carlisle stopped Edward.
Personally, I always interpreted this as Carlisle bidding Edward to remember his humanity. Carlisle - as we all know - has way more faith in his species than most. Edward is in such a rage (his past and his temper don't really help in this situation either) that he would have torn James to bits in the heat of the moment. He was in more of the vampire frenzied state of mind as opposed to defensive or protective; he was starting to lose himself. I think Carlisle was preventing him from slipping into his dark past.

If Carlisle hadn't held Edward back, I could see Edward going all introverted and self loathing after the fact. Don't tell me that sounds unreasonable :lol:

As for Emmett and Jasper well, Emmett probably got a kick out of it. Nothing can traumatize that boy. And Jasper, bless his poor soul, wouldn't have been sent into a tailspin with one more dismemberment; there was no blood, he was fine. And considering Edward was sidelined... someone had to do it.

And I know it didn't really go that way in the book... at all. But any film that let's me see Alice rip someone's head clean off is pretty righteous; I screamed at that part. :lol:
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

pennybug84 wrote:
fanMNM wrote:

But I thought if he was in close proximity to her there didn't need to be a wind that he would still be able to smell her. (That's why in NM Jasper almost goes after her.) Oh well. It was just something I noticed while watching it.
Just another stupid change the writer and director made in the movie. Yes, he probably would have picked up her scent, he is, after all, a vampire and their sense of smell is very, very keen. Just the heating air ducts in the classroom blew it directly into Edwards face inthe book, hence the violent reaction he had.

They should have followed the book. Period. :evil:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

I would be sad if the Cullens would have to change their name if the saga continues. But they wouldn`t have much of a choice if they stayed pretty close to forks, so that Charlie can see them all the time, would they??
Carlisle can`t start another job in a new hospital with the same name, but I really love that name :roll:
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

pennybug84 wrote: But I thought if he was in close proximity to her there didn't need to be a wind that he would still be able to smell her. (That's why in NM Jasper almost goes after her.) Oh well. It was just something I noticed while watching it.
But remember in NM it was the cut on her finger that threw Jasper into the frenzy, not just close proximity!

But I do agree that it was a liberty... but I can't hate on it too much... I love Alice's little twirl :D
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

cullens_love wrote:I would be sad if the Cullens would have to change their name if the saga continues. But they wouldn`t have much of a choice if they stayed pretty close to forks, so that Charlie can see them all the time, would they??
Carlisle can`t start another job in a new hospital with the same name, but I really love that name :roll:
Well they could just change their family name. I would imagine that's easier all around than having to change their first names every few years. :)