General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Alice and Jasper

Post by Jazz Girl »

Okay, sorry for the double post, folks. But this just sort of popped up on the Alice thread, and I though I would bring it over here as well. Seemed fairly appropriate. The discussion was about what Alice would be like to deal with in a relationship. We were speculating about Alice & Edward in the absence of Jasper and one point kind of lead to another, as it often does here. :lol: Here's my post. Please read & comment:

Anyway, I digress. I always wondered how often or to what extent Jasper does use his power with Alice. I mean, Alice is very spirited and it seems to me she would hate being manipulated. She and Jasper are so much in love that I think she would want that relationship free from the ....questions, might be the right word...use of Jasper's power could raise. I mean, Bella and Edward both at certain times talk about how they couldn't/didn't trust their emotions or conclusions when they knew Jasper was "helping". So, I wonder if, understanding how much Alice would hate that, if Jasper did use his powers at all on Alice.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Jazz Girl: That is a very interesting question and I agree that Alice would hate being manipulated. I think that Jasper would understand that and would never try to manipulate Alice's emotions unless she asked. I think they are so in love that he wouldn't need to use his powers on her for that or anything. I guess I would have to question if he can focus his power onto just one person. Like if he was in a room with ten people, could he choose just one person and make them calm down or does it affect all ten? If it does affect all ten then I guess Alice would have no way of escaping Jasper's powers sometimes.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Mrs. Jasper Hale wrote:Jazz Girl: That is a very interesting question and I agree that Alice would hate being manipulated. I think that Jasper would understand that and would never try to manipulate Alice's emotions unless she asked. I think they are so in love that he wouldn't need to use his powers on her for that or anything. I guess I would have to question if he can focus his power onto just one person. Like if he was in a room with ten people, could he choose just one person and make them calm down or does it affect all ten? If it does affect all ten then I guess Alice would have no way of escaping Jasper's powers sometimes.
Mrs. Jasper Hale, I think Jazz is well able to focus his gift where he wants it. His gift works physically on the body, altering hormones and body chemicals like Seratonin. He would have to have a pretty good sense of control so that he is aware of how deeply he is effecting each individual. But, yes, I think he can work on either an individual or on groups.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
english rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by english rose »

Jazz Girl wrote:I always wondered how often or to what extent Jasper does use his power with Alice
i dont think he would use it very often on alice, because of her gift she would see his decision to do it before he did so it would be practically impossible to manipulate her. i think he could comfort her with his mere presence anyway without using his gift

rose
"now you know, no one's ever loved anyone as much as i love you"
"i know of just one exception"
"liar"
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever

team edward all the way!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I also don't think Jasper would use his power on Alice because as well as knowing that she hates it and doesn't want to do something to her that she doesn't like, I think it might hurt him to see Alice controlled by him. I don't know how to explain, I'm sort of comparing it to the way sam hates using his alpha power over the werewolves. Maybe it would scare - well, not scare, worry, I don't know - trouble jasper that Alice, who seems so independent and free-spirited all the time, could be controlled and hurt by that. It would make him feel very protective.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Yes, I absolutely agree with all of you. I don't think Jasper would use his power with Alice unless it was absolutely necessary, certainly not to convince her of something or to change her mind about something. No, I only see him using it, maybe, in a situation where she foresaw something truly horrible and was freaking out. Even then, I think he would hold back, calm her only enough to help her be rational, work out a solution or other options. Jasper loves Alice for the absolutely indipendent woman she is. He would never try to bend her will.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote: Yes, I absolutely agree with all of you. I don't think Jasper would use his power with Alice unless it was absolutely necessary, certainly not to convince her of something or to change her mind about something. No, I only see him using it, maybe, in a situation where she foresaw something truly horrible and was freaking out. Even then, I think he would hold back, calm her only enough to help her be rational, work out a solution or other options. Jasper loves Alice for the absolutely indipendent woman she is. He would never try to bend her will.
Yeah, he did use his power in BD right before she saw that terrible vision of the Volturri coming to Forks. Remember he told Alice to let it go and then the room was filled with tranquility and she stuck her tongue out at him. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

xMoonlightxTragedyx wrote:This couple is so adorable. She saved Him. Jasper had such a terible past and Alice put something worth while in him life. Its so beautiful, the way they got together.
I completely agree!
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Alice and Jasper are just adorable. I love them so much. Even as much as I love Edward and Bella. :D

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
Lucyth
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lucyth »

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I guess this subject fits.

Jaspers power is to influcense moods, yes? So, do you think if Jasper is every felling....horny, that he makes Alice feel like that too? Sort of an irattional question, but I'm curious...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5010378/1/
Please read my Fanfic.
x..Toura