What did you think of the Twilight Series?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: What did you think of the Twilight Series?

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Well, I love the series. I think that all the books were wonderfully written and was disappointed when I found out that the series is only four books long which is why I am on my third time through reading the series. If I had started reading it when I was first recommended the book by one of the girls I used to nanny for then I would be on my fifty-billionth time through or at least with the first three books and a few million times with BD. I can't seem to get enough of Bella and Edward. It's such a passionate and very intense love story. Actually, it's intense all around. Bella and Jacob's relationship as well even though not intense in the same way as Edward and Bella if that makes any sense.

I actually think Jacob is pretty cool and love him but like Bella I love Edward more, naturally :lol: . I really love Bella's epiphany in New Moon. Alice of course, I love too she's so great and bubbly ( I am not sure if that's the right word for her). Honestly, I love Jasper as well, I really have a soft spot for him. I hope that doesn't sound too weird or anything, hopefully you all know what I mean. I am so glad to have a place to come to talk about the Twilight series.

I really liked how in BD the chapter's were titled for Jacob's point of view. So Jacob. Stephenie Meyer is an awesome author and I want her to write more about anything to do with any of the Cullens or Jacob and Nessie. Basically, I want her to write more it doesn't even have to be Bella and Edward. Anyway, I am really glad they made Twilight into a movie and are doing so with New Moon. I am just a little nervous though because there are parts I absolutely want in the movie or rather there is dialogue from the book that I want to be in the movie. I mean I know they did that some with Twilight but I am not sure they will use the exact wording on the parts I want.

I am currently on Eclipse for the third time through actually I haven't started reading yet but I will soon. Well, I think that's all now.
Last edited by BellsEdwardalways on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
Simply.Wonderful.
Settled in Forks

Post by Simply.Wonderful. »

I knew it was about vampires, so that's why I wanted to get into it. But it took me awhile because the beginning was so boring for me. Of course, when Edward came along, I loved it. =P Yeah, Stephenie Meyer has a lot to learn about writing, but it was a great series, considering it was her first. I must say that after the first book, the other three kind of lost their appeal to me. I love all the books, but the last three weren't as great as the first, in my opinion.
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

I really love reading and I read a lot. But when I started to read Twilight in September I think, so, after that I haven't read anything else. Everytime I'm going to start a new book I just grab a Twilight-saga book. That tells pretty much what I think about the Twilight series :)

I could say that I'm addicted to the books. Like many other people ;) And will continue reading them again and again.
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Thanks to my daughter for coming to my rescue after my favorite show - Moonlight was cancelled, she turned me on to these books.

Not since the Laura Ingalls-Wilder books of my youth, have I not found such a wonderful series to read.

They are the best!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I just happened to steal it from my friend. Because I needed a book for Silent Sustained Reading, and I grabbed it from her, and ran to class. And I was hooked, and read Twilight in like two days, lmao. Then just recently I got the last three, and I was like...' This all sounds very familiar', and it was, I read Twilight a while ago! XD
So I have been a fan for a while, just never put two and two together.
But it's an amazing saga, I can't believe that something so little as a dream has ignited all of this! I am beyond obsessed...the books are like, my soul! XD
ImageImage
E<3B
xoxolilerica18
Settled in Forks

Post by xoxolilerica18 »

the twilight saga has been the best series i have ever read thx 2 the series i have been reading a lot i just luved the series n nothin will ever stop my obsession i cnt believe how much 1 book can do the book n movie turned out 2 b a phenomenon n without readin it idk how different my life would have been i cnt believe tht all because of a series it has ppl of all ages going crazy i just love the twilight saga n i will luv it forever it will be ranked as my #1 book of all times
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"

"What a stupid lamb"

"What a sick, masochistic lion"
cullenbaseball09
Settled in Forks

Post by cullenbaseball09 »

I was thinking about having a Twilight release/viewing party on the 21st, when it comes out on DVD. I was wondering what I should do. Any help would be great!!! Thanks! If you want, just send them to my Inbox. Thanks again!!!!! :D
Tonight! Lightning strikes! Let's go into Twilight!
Britta
Settled in Forks

Post by Britta »

I've heard about the series on tv. But I wasn't really interested in the story. Then my little sister (she's 13) kept telling me again and again and again how great the books are.

So I decided to buy Twilight out of the reason that I wanted to tell her: "You're hyperbolizing the books, they are not that great."

And then...well, then I started to read Twilight, and I continued reading and after the first 50 pages I was addicted. I read the first book within one day, I really couldn't stop. The next day, I bought the second, another day later the third and finally 4 days after buying Twilight I bought breaking dawn.

My husband wasn't thrilled that I spend about 100 Euro for books within one week :D

That was a few weeks ago and now I'm nearly through the books for the third time.

I new that the books were about Vampires. Here in Germany the titles are not translated in the way I would have done it, so you can see, that the books could contain something about Vampires.

Let me explain. The German titles are some kind of a pun.

The titles are:
"Biss zum Morgengrauen" (Until dawn) - Twilight
"Biss zur Mittagsstunde" (until noon) - New Moon
"Biss zum Abendrot (Until sunset) - Eclipse
"Biss zum Ende der Nacht (Until the end of the Night)- Breaking Dawn

Biss means bite in English but the second s is written italic, cause "bis" means "until" in English.

And everyone knows, that vampires bite, so you can see it in the titles. But I'm not very happy with the translation.
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

When I read the title of this topic, I thought; What a stupid question!
If you didn't like or love the Twilight saga, why for god's sake would you hang here around?
But, yeah. Then I saw the beginpost, and I had to change my mind.

I saw the movie first and I was "unconditionally and irrevocably" in love with it. I really was and still I am.
I bought Twilight, just to see if I'd like the book. And I did, I loved it. But I finished Twilight Saturday night and I was depressed because the stores wouldn't be open at Sunday.
So Monday I runned to the bookstore after going to school and I bought New Moon and Eclipse. I finished those two Thursday, so I bought Breaking Dawn at Friday and I finished it Sunday.

This was like three weeks ago and now I am reading Eclipse again. I haven't much time but I am so addicted.
I read till late somedays and I don't make my homework. I hate it, to act like this, but I can't resist the pages of my books.

I fell in love with the series and everyday I fall in love again. <3
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

I have absolutely fallen in love with the Twilight series. There were times to laugh, cry, and experience the good and bad times the characters went through. I admire Stephenie Meyer's works because I have never felt like I was actually "there" in the story like I did in Twilight. They are my favorite series of books and will always be.

I did know that it involved vampires before I read it, but I never knew that much about vampires, so I decided to check it out and BAM!! I was in love! :) hah.

When I found out a movie was involved, I just about died! I mean, who would know?! My favorite series being made into a movie is way to much to ask for. I was very pleased with the cast and finished product of the movie.

"And we slowly drifted into our small, but perfect piece of forever."
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!