Twilight Saga Q&A #4

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #4

Post by Kate »

:) You are nice! But, don't make me talk to much, I still don't know enough English to not look stupid. :)

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hello All... This thread has been quiet for too long!! Good thing I have a question and am too lazy to re-read the whole saga... maybe we can jumpstart the Q & A fun around here again. ;)

I cannot remember, nor can I seem to find, where in the Saga SM told us that Edward's eyes were green when he was human??

Unfortunately, this is where reading fanfiction screws with my head! :roll: I need the canon references and I can't find them. HELP??

Thanks in advance, Ginnie :D
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Hmm. I don't have the books with me at the moment, but my initial reaction is to check New Moon, the chapter where Carlisle tends to Bella's wounds at her (disastrous) birthday party. If I remember correctly, when he tells her the story of how he found Edward, he also mentions that his mother had the same green eyes (as Edward).
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

ringswraith wrote:Hmm. I don't have the books with me at the moment, but my initial reaction is to check New Moon, the chapter where Carlisle tends to Bella's wounds at her (disastrous) birthday party. If I remember correctly, when he tells her the story of how he found Edward, he also mentions that his mother had the same green eyes (as Edward).
Yep. I think you are right. It was also mentioned again in Breaking Dawn when Bella was imagining the baby with the same green eyes as Edward.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

ringswraith wrote:Hmm. I don't have the books with me at the moment, but my initial reaction is to check New Moon, the chapter where Carlisle tends to Bella's wounds at her (disastrous) birthday party. If I remember correctly, when he tells her the story of how he found Edward, he also mentions that his mother had the same green eyes (as Edward).

Oh, awesome... Thanks David! I forgot about that part of NM. I had a feeling it was Carlisle, which is why I started with Twilight in the chapter appropriately named "Carlisle", but it wasn't there. Then, I just spent the last hour re-reading the opening of Breaking Dawn cause I had the same memory as VolturiGirl, but it wasn't really anything more than a brief reference in the dream sequence as she said. Anyway, the one you mentioned was what I was looking for, so thanks!
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

This thread was quiet for quite long!

My questions are:

*How could Jacob imprint on Renesmee when the moment he saw her he was in human form?

*Why didn't SM thought of sharing Emmett's human story the way she did on Rosalie and Jasper?

^Does Charlie know that Bella and the Cullens are vampire?
-babynessie_18-
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

babynessie_18 wrote:*How could Jacob imprint on Renesmee when the moment he saw her he was in human form?

*Why didn't SM thought of sharing Emmett's human story the way she did on Rosalie and Jasper?

1. The werewolves [shape shifters] don't have to be in their wolf form to imprint. I don't think any of the guys who imprinted were in their wolf form when they saw the object of their imprinting for the first time after the werewolf gene kicked in? Were they?

2. SM did share some of Emmett's story. You can find it on her website: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/twi_o ... emmett.pdf

3. No, Charlie doesn't know . . . thank goodness. If he did, he'd become an automatic Volturi target--which was why Bella was so mad at Jacob when she thought he'd revealed that secret.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

Esme echo wrote:
babynessie_18 wrote:*How could Jacob imprint on Renesmee when the moment he saw her he was in human form?

1. The werewolves [shape shifters] don't have to be in their wolf form to imprint. I don't think any of the guys who imprinted were in their wolf form when they saw the object of their imprinting for the first time after the werewolf gene kicked in? Were they?

2. SM did share some of Emmett's story. You can find it on her website: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/twi_o ... emmett.pdf

3. No, Charlie doesn't know . . . thank goodness. If he did, he'd become an automatic Volturi target--which was why Bella was so mad at Jacob when she thought he'd revealed that secret.

Hey, Thanks for answering my questions.. Well, I saw a FAQ on SM's website "Did Jacob imprinted on Bella?" There's an answer there that says 'No, because when Jacob was in wolf form and stared at Bella in the forest the one were Laurent almost killed her.. Jacob was trying to imprint on her.. That's why I thought Jacob needed to be in wolf form to imprint..
-babynessie_18-
mylovedward
Settled in Forks

Post by mylovedward »

ok this is the question why Bella's car is red, on SM website she was asked this question and she said''isn't it obvious?". I want to know what is so obvious about it?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

SM is a bit of a car lover. Actually, she really likes carsAnd she likes speed. So, for her, red is the perfect color for a young vampire on the go. :D