General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

Post by Nena »

When you quote, add book and page number!
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Re: Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

okay, this is ONE of my favorites. i'm sure i'll be adding more as i think of them. it's after edward shows bella her engagement ring for the first time:

"I stared into his eyes, trying to decipher the emotion that smoldered just under the surface. He gazed back, and the casual pretense suddenly slipped away. He was glowing--his angel's face brilliant with joy and victory. He was so glorious that it knocked me breathless.
Before I could catch that breath, he was kissing me, his lips exultant. I was lightheaded when he moved his mouth to whisper in my ear--but his breathing was just as ragged as mine.
'Yes, I like it. You have no idea.'
I laughed, gasping a little. 'I believe you.'
'Do you mind if I do something?' he murmured, his arms tightening around me.
'Isabella Swan?' He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes, his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. 'I promise to love you forever--every single day of forever. Will you marry me?'
...I whispered, 'Yes.'
'Thank you,' he said simply. He took my left hand and kissed each of my fingertips before he kissed the ring that was now mine."
--Eclipse, pgs. 459-460

gahh!!! i love it. ::squeals like the girly girl she is::
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
ABeautifulLetdown
Settled in Forks

Post by ABeautifulLetdown »

Ok. You already took mine! I suggested this topic with that exact scene in mine. But it's ok!! I have another. Ahem

Very simple. Predictable, but I just don't care!

I nodded solemnly, keeping my eyes on his. I took another step through the waves and leaned my head against his chest.
"Don't be afraid," I murmured "We belong together."
I was abruptly overwhelmed by the truth of my own words. This moment was so perfect, so right, there was no way to doubt it.
His arms wrapped around me, holding me against him, summer and winter. It felt like every nerve in my body was a live wire.
"Forever." he agreed, and then pulled us gently into deeper water.
Breaking Dawn- pg. 85

HOLY CROW! I love him.
Now you know... no one's ever loved anyone as much as I love you.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

"--just tell me now whether or not you can still love me, after everything I've done to you. Can you?" he whispered.
"What kind of idiotic question is that?"
"Just answer it. Please."
I stared at him darkly for a long moment. "The way I feel about you will never change. Of course I love you--and there's nothing you can do about it!"
"That's all I needed to hear."
His mouth found mine then, and I couldn't fight him. Not because he was so many thousand times stronger than me, but because my will crumbled into dust the second our lips met.

*swoons*

New Moon pg 511-512
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Pages 752 - 754 of Breaking Dawn, when Bella is finally able to let Edward read her mind and see how she truly feels about him.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
ABeautifulLetdown
Settled in Forks

Post by ABeautifulLetdown »

AgentCross wrote:Pages 752 - 754 of Breaking Dawn, when Bella is finally able to let Edward read her mind and see how she truly feels about him.
GOOD CALL!
Now you know... no one's ever loved anyone as much as I love you.
GottaLoveCullenx3
Settled in Forks

Post by GottaLoveCullenx3 »

edward x lover wrote:"--just tell me now whether or not you can still love me, after everything I've done to you. Can you?" he whispered.
"What kind of idiotic question is that?"
"Just answer it. Please."
I stared at him darkly for a long moment. "The way I feel about you will never change. Of course I love you--and there's nothing you can do about it!"
"That's all I needed to hear."
His mouth found mine then, and I couldn't fight him. Not because he was so many thousand times stronger than me, but because my will crumbled into dust the second our lips met.

*swoons*

New Moon pg 511-512

oh man. just reading that, not even the book itself, makes me smile.
I love Edward.
fang
Settled in Forks

Post by fang »

Welllll, since you guys took all the good ones, (hahah jk. There's not any bad ones ;)) I really like this one from Eclipse.

I thought about that for awhile, trying to concentrate as his lips moved slowly along my cheek, down my throat, and back up again. He made the circuit three times before I spoke.
"I guess that's okay, then," I decided.
"Hmm," he whispered against my skin. "You're quite adorable when you're jealous. It's surprisingly enjoyable."
I scowled into the darkness.
"It's late," he said again, murmuring, almost crooning now, his voice smoother than silk. "Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
He started to hum my lullaby, and I knew it was only a matter of time before till I succumbed, so I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to his chest.
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

okay...i really should be going to bed but i have another one! after edward tells bella he heard her talking in her sleep:

"He knew what I was getting at. 'You did say my name,' he admitted.
I sighed in defeat. 'A lot?'
'How much do you mean by "a lot," exactly?'
'Oh no!' I hung my head.
He pulled me against his chest, softly, naturally.
'Don't be self-conscious,' he whispered in my ear. 'If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it.'"
--Twilight, pg. 294
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

ABeautifulLetdown wrote:
AgentCross wrote:Pages 752 - 754 of Breaking Dawn, when Bella is finally able to let Edward read her mind and see how she truly feels about him.
GOOD CALL!
Thanks, I believe Stephanie Meyer said that this was her favorite Edward and Bella moment. A fan asked her it at Comic Con and she said it was in Book 4 and she confirmed later that it was this scene.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"